Overkill powers against phantoms

#31wuzitduzitPosted 9/19/2013 3:25:12 PM
pointer9378 posted...
code_kirin posted...
wuzitduzit posted...
Singularity, then singularity again since she bubble blocks the first one >:(, then hit that ***** with warp. She'll run for the hills at that point but don't let her get off that easy. Hit her with singularity again and then clean her up. That's alot of work to take out one piece of the puzzle, since every other enemy on the map is trying to kill you as well. That's how I see it as the phantom being a cheating piece of ****.

You don't need to go through all that with Singularity. She'll bubble up, then you can work on her barrier while she's immobile. If you take it down, she'll be lifted as soon as she leaves bubble stance. If not, she'll still be primed for detonation and you can toss a Shockwave at her.

Yup. Just use Singularity on her to put up her bubble, then use an Acolyte to strip her barrier. As soon as she drops the bubble, she'll be lifted and at the mercy of an oncoming Biotic Explosion.

I shoulda said this is how I would handle her without an Acolyte. I love the weapon, don't get me wrong, but don't really like to carry it. I only carry my Hurricane X. I do this (shockwave) with a Human Adept or ex-Cerberus Adept since he doesn't have shockwave. I do like to spec out lash to take it's place though. I have a weird style that's not the most effective. But I don't do terribly bad with it. I was just expressing my Phantom hate =)
---
"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this!" - Raphael
#32code_kirinPosted 9/19/2013 3:33:33 PM
Striker doesn't stun Phantoms with barriers. Probably its biggest flaw as a gun.
#33code_kirinPosted 9/19/2013 3:34:59 PM
wuzitduzit posted...
pointer9378 posted...
code_kirin posted...
wuzitduzit posted...
Singularity, then singularity again since she bubble blocks the first one >:(, then hit that ***** with warp. She'll run for the hills at that point but don't let her get off that easy. Hit her with singularity again and then clean her up. That's alot of work to take out one piece of the puzzle, since every other enemy on the map is trying to kill you as well. That's how I see it as the phantom being a cheating piece of ****.

You don't need to go through all that with Singularity. She'll bubble up, then you can work on her barrier while she's immobile. If you take it down, she'll be lifted as soon as she leaves bubble stance. If not, she'll still be primed for detonation and you can toss a Shockwave at her.

Yup. Just use Singularity on her to put up her bubble, then use an Acolyte to strip her barrier. As soon as she drops the bubble, she'll be lifted and at the mercy of an oncoming Biotic Explosion.

I shoulda said this is how I would handle her without an Acolyte. I love the weapon, don't get me wrong, but don't really like to carry it. I only carry my Hurricane X. I do this (shockwave) with a Human Adept or ex-Cerberus Adept since he doesn't have shockwave. I do like to spec out lash to take it's place though. I have a weird style that's not the most effective. But I don't do terribly bad with it. I was just expressing my Phantom hate =)

Doesn't need to be an Acolyte. Talon or CSMG headshots will do the trick too, especially with warp ammo. Hurricane would also work, but you need to mind the range.
#34wuzitduzitPosted 9/19/2013 3:47:47 PM
I wish so bad that we could carry a Hurricane and a CSMG at the same time. That would be cool. That's one thing I would change about the game. You should be able to carry two of the same weapon types. I'd go into every match with these two guns on my power classes. I love both of these.
---
"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this!" - Raphael
#35DuneManPosted 9/19/2013 5:13:42 PM
Shotguns like the Claymore have a decent chance of breaking a Phantom's sword as well. Of course breaking her sword actually makes her more dangerous...
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#36FlyingholePosted 9/20/2013 10:09:36 AM
TimeShinigami posted...
code_kirin posted...
The rest of those are pretty decently reliable for them... though I would argue hammers are risky because warlord is a katana magnet.

What's risky about a one hit kill ? If you're specced right, with rage, and she ain't got her bubble up, Biotic Hammer away. Instapulp Phantom skull.

She can still insta-kill you. I was swinging my hammer and it was at about twelve oclock when she did her little spin move and stabbed me right in the gut. It actually looked like a really cool counter to my attack, so it was one of the few times I didn't mind getting insta-gibbed.
---
1984 wasn't supposed to be an instruction manual.
#37froggybottoms4uPosted 9/22/2013 10:54:34 AM
Sticky grenades and/or scorpion. They'll stick to her and her bubble. Reave is also one of the best powers to use on her, and it stacks with more than one reave user.
---
Clatto Verata N... Necktie... Necktum... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Clatto... Verata... N... [cough]
#38MirinBrahhhPosted 9/22/2013 12:19:10 PM
TC+overload does the trick.

She's very squishy without her ridiculously powerful barrier
#39p0iz3n0usPosted 9/24/2013 4:33:28 AM
Use a scorpion pistol with spare shot mod and power magnifier with powers. Scorpion bombs will stagger her and leave her (OR GROUPS if you are skilled) unable to flip and bubble up and whilst she is stuck use powers. Oh and its one of the few weapons that do full damage to her even when hosting. Even if she does bubble up the bombs will stick to her bubble and still damage her through the bubble for full damage and even while it is dissipating.

SCORPION OR BUST!!!
---
XBL GT..........Sgt Tethras
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/?name=Sgt%20Tethras&platform=xbox