Improve your worst character

#1GoldenSWarriorsPosted 9/18/2013 8:32:19 PM
So how about in this thread, you post a character that you struggle doing well with, or just don't really know how to use, and then anyone can contribute their builds and play styles with that character.

i'll start off by saying human infiltrator. I don't really know how to make him special or better than any of the other infiltrators. What weapons should I use on him?
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#2MirinBrahhhPosted 9/18/2013 8:33:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3YOeastonYOPosted 9/18/2013 8:34:28 PM
MirinBrahhh posted...
nobody cares!!!

1/10

try again.
#4MirinBrahhhPosted 9/18/2013 8:35:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5N7TyrantTitanPosted 9/18/2013 9:41:35 PM
This is a great idea for a topic and I think that this is what message boards are for, to help us all improve. Sadly I don't really have much to offer on the human infiltrator. I'm not much of a stealth guy. I like explosions.
---
Bullets & Biotic Explosions!
XBL Gamertag: BAWSERAWSS
#6XxproknifaxXPosted 9/18/2013 9:55:04 PM
GoldenSWarriors posted...
So how about in this thread, you post a character that you struggle doing well with, or just don't really know how to use, and then anyone can contribute their builds and play styles with that character.

i'll start off by saying human infiltrator. I don't really know how to make him special or better than any of the other infiltrators. What weapons should I use on him?

Go 4/4/6/6/6 with 4 points in tactical cloak for damage,4 for sticky nades,6 for health and shields in fitness,6 in the passive for weapon damage/headshots and 6 for cryo blast for radius, speed reduction and frozen vulnerability. Use the crusader, so you can be potent at any range. If you don't like that go with the Claymore w/smart choke and damage mod. Use shield boosters or simply use a cyclonic to help him/her survive.

Cryo blast the mooks,and you should headshot for the above weapons. If you have time, chuck a nade at a boss with tactical cloak. If you're in a tight situation,simply cryo blast then shoot.

Be tactically aware, and you should do fine with this class.
#7YamatoBeatsPosted 9/18/2013 9:55:49 PM

He's not exactly meant to stand out. I think he's more an introduction to the class.

I liked Biggy's idea of running him with a Crusader. Cloak, pop two shots, throw a sticky, cloak, keep popping shots. Cryo Blast for debuffs and all that other nonsense.

I can't think of a character I didn't do well with. I don't play this anymore but if I had to pick a character I didn't perform well with it would be the N7 Shadow. I normally just ran her with a shotgun.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#8TimeShinigamiPosted 9/18/2013 11:51:39 PM

Here's my build:
narida.pytalhost.com/me3/classes/#Infiltrator/Human/FRMLF/Claymore10AP5BH5//ShotgunRailAmp3/AdrenalineModule3/ShockTrooperUpgrade5/

I prefer the H.Inf. to both the Sexbot and the Drell actually. It's become my go-to class for being petty and showing up pug BotBs. >_> Play it like the Drell: never stop moving, try to get headshots, and spam grenades at groups/slow moving armored targets. Two will kill a ravager, three a brute.

I'm terrible with the QMI. Any advice would be appreciated.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#9code_kirinPosted 9/19/2013 12:27:40 AM
I would say Indra HI is the most standout HI build. You're using an automatic, so shield gate doesn't matter. Indra gets a multiplicative bonus from cloak, which compounds with cryo's debuff. Indra also benefits the most from the armor weakening.

My only beef with it is that GI does it better, and SI does it safer. There's really no getting around those though.

I would say cabal, but I really don't play this game anymore, and I gave up on cabal even when I did.
#10TemplariShadowPosted 9/19/2013 1:24:24 AM
Vanguards. Granted I rarely host. But if I ever Vanguard I'm running around occasionally charging in to a few enemies, shooting things or dropping a heavy melee then trying to run away to reload/wait out the last bit of cooldown and inevitably going down. Does one always roll with certain consumables when charging like a madman? Namely the... Cerberus and Slayer. I'm generally okay with the Kroguard and Volus. The pinball is *fun*.