Cerberus Combat Engineer here, I heard that Alliance ops may have questions.

#1OrokenDuMongerPosted 9/20/2013 7:58:23 AM
This board has been created to allow for discussion of any questions for me regarding my work, personal life, or any other query of interest.
#2YamatoBeatsPosted 9/20/2013 8:29:18 AM
Why the **** do you carry a live turret on your back?
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#3YandizbarPosted 9/20/2013 9:00:43 AM
Why are the number of turrets infinite and why don't you have a melee attack?
#4OrokenDuMonger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:42:42 AM
YamatoBeats posted...
Why the **** do you carry a live turret on your back?

I thought this was odd as well, when I approached command recommending that they use thermal conductors in our turrets they informed me that they were designed this way as an extra measure to kill Alliance operatives that get within melee range. They made it very clear on day one that Cerberus values Alliance deaths over the lives of its own soldiers, something I'm sure you have noticed.
---
My master used to say I was "sharp and edgy", he was such an ass
#5Havoc49JPosted 9/20/2013 9:43:17 AM
When faced with a charging Krogan wielding a hammer taller than you are, why do you decide nows the ideal time to setup a Turret?
---
My Youtube channel with ME3 Vanguard gameplay: http://m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCLcaGVuXEvUt5ne68C1ZlJw
#6BiggyDXPosted 9/20/2013 9:50:29 AM
Will you consider joining the Alliance? We would really like to have your turret, and some of your former squadmates have already come over to our side.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#7OrokenDuMonger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:51:47 AM
Yandizbar posted...
Why are the number of turrets infinite and why don't you have a melee attack?

They rely on reverse engineered collector nano-technology, similar to the handheld turrets used by the Alliance (notice how these turrets were not in use until after capturing the Collector base).

The difference being that our turrets do not reform on command, we have to wait until they are destroyed and reformed before they can be placed again.

As for why we cant melee, is because our Omni-tools are designed to focus on turret handling and Atlas repairs only (not that it would be very effective, we're engineers not brawlers), I've brought up updating the technology to allow us to use Incinerate and Overload abilities to high command, but I believe they are diverting that funding to the Phantom Initiative.
---
#8OrokenDuMonger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 9:56:51 AM
Havoc49J posted...
When faced with a charging Krogan wielding a hammer taller than you are, why do you decide nows the ideal time to setup a Turret?

Must be one of the indoctrinated engineers, they seem to lack good judgment, I place my turret when my team is distracting others, after that I stay behind the Atlas and provide repairs.

Those with a proven combat history do not undergo the indoctrination procedure and generally use better judgment.
---
#9OrokenDuMonger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 10:03:36 AM
BiggyDX posted...
Will you consider joining the Alliance? We would really like to have your turret, and some of your former squadmates have already come over to our side.

I was an Alliance engineer for six years before being recruited to Cerberus, and can tell you that most of us would be more than happy to trade the hunk of explosive metal on their back for the handheld turrets and tech abilities we had. We have to use a Cerberus standard Omni-tool designed to repair damaged Atlas units.

I lost my old Omni-tool somewhere, I think a quarian took it the last time I went to the Citadel.
---
#10OrokenDuMonger(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 11:22:01 AM
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME OUR CONTROL SCHEMATICS WERE LEAKED?

Just spent the better part of an hour trying not to get shot by my own turret. (shifty quarians are a real pain)
---