Best/worst designed kit?

#1Havoc49JPosted 9/29/2013 6:06:55 AM
By best/worst designed I don't mean performance wise. I mean which kits have powers, abilities and stats that work best to create a complimentary package.

Example of a well designed character:
N7 Fury

Her dodge allows you to easily get close to enemies while her heavy Melee allows her to do so while staggering groups. Annihilation Field rapidly primes enemies in close range. Throw can rapidly detonate targets while boosting the output of said explosion. Dark Channel grants a long range biotic explosion option

Every aspect of this character can be used to compliment each other to achieve a purpose.
---
My Youtube channel with ME3 Vanguard gameplay: http://m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCLcaGVuXEvUt5ne68C1ZlJw
#2DuneManPosted 9/29/2013 6:56:05 AM
Eh, the humble Human Engineer's abilities all work together for crowd control, tech explosions and getting through defenses with relative ease at any range.

As for the worst kit... eh, probably a tossup between the Quarian Marksman and the Vorcha Hunter. The Marksman simply because his abilities just aren't complimentary at all. The Turian Soldier does what he does, but better, thanks to Proxy Mine group staggers and debuffs and the superior Turian weapon training. The Vorcha Hunter because his powers are kind of ho hum on their own.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#3MirinBrahhhPosted 9/29/2013 7:01:18 AM
inb4 ghost
#4perfect_generalPosted 9/29/2013 7:12:07 AM
Asari adept. She has an effective response to address any tactical situation. Stasis bubble and throw provide crowd control. Warp debuffs. Warp-throw for biotic explosions for armored enemies.

Worst designed, I would probably go with the volus protector. Biotic charge and shield boost have terrible power synergy.
---
Currently working on soloing gold with every class. Progress: 17/59
GT: Hoboys
#5Kyo3333Posted 9/29/2013 7:22:00 AM
Best: Human Vanguard. Biotic Charge/Nova has some of the best Synergy in the game, too bad it's only really safely useable on-host.

Worst: Turian Saboteur. His grenades arent counted as Tech powers and this do not get a boost from Sabotages debuff... and his turret is just worthless. Seriously, what were they thinking?
#6TimeShinigamiPosted 9/29/2013 7:24:52 AM
The Human Infiltrator, which has become my favorite "show everyone up" kit, is a perfectly designed Shorgun Inf. before they knew they NEEDED shotgun Inf.

Cloak for massive damage, but you only need 4, so you can now put four in fitness.

Cryo Blast is one of my favorite powers, great debuff and easily spamable.

Sticky Nades for Instant tech bursts and crowd control. GREAT armor damage.

As for worst designed, I think we might reach a consensus on the Saboteur. He's got no synergy at all.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#7Spider5800Posted 9/29/2013 11:01:51 AM
Best: N7 Paladin. He has answers for barriers, shields and armor, he can devastate bosses with combo explosions, he can handle groups thanks to Snap Freeze, he's extremely survivable thanks to Energy Drain + only 4 levels for max shields/health. His powers all work well together and he can handle any situation.

Worst: Salarian Engineer. He doesn't have high enough health even with full Fitness for Energy Drain to keep him that survivable, he can't combo well because Energy Drain will only combo with Incinerate if the enemy still has shields up after using it, he can't handle groups well since Decoy was nerfed, and his passives don't give him a strong enough boost to weapon damage to make up the difference. It's amazing how he only has one different power than the Paladin and yet fails to work so spectacularly. At least the Saboteur can devastate armored enemies with Homing Grenades + weapon passives.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#8YamatoBeatsPosted 9/29/2013 11:15:45 AM
I'm thinking a lot of these are going to be subjective but I wholeheartedly believe that the Warlord is one of the worst designed classes in the game. That's not to say that he isn't good but when you basically have to skip a power to make another one shine, I don't consider that good design. Same thing could be said for the Saboteur, only he just sucks. Period.

Best? That's a tough one. Geth Infiltrator was the OG shotty Infiltrator and each and every one of his powers compliment each other extremely well. Definitely the most versatile class in the game.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#9Spider5800Posted 9/29/2013 11:25:05 AM
YamatoBeats posted...
I'm thinking a lot of these are going to be subjective but I wholeheartedly believe that the Warlord is one of the worst designed classes in the game. That's not to say that he isn't good but when you basically have to skip a power to make another one shine, I don't consider that good design.

If we're going by that measuring stick, almost every Vanguard is poorly designed.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#10N7_DestroyerPosted 9/29/2013 12:58:29 PM
best-n7 destroyer

worst-human infiltrator, turian havoc, cabal vanguard, asari vanguard