Best/worst designed kit?

#61XxproknifaxXPosted 9/30/2013 4:38:24 PM
sheepman23 posted...
XxproknifaxX posted...

First of all, he was nerfed before day 1 with pre-buff submission net.
... And then it was changed back to normal. What's your point?

Second of all, he gets incinerate instead of flamethrower and the two other vorcha classes completely outclass him.
Oh, so he doesn't get one of the most overpowered powers in the game? I can definitely live with that lol.

Third of all, he is extremely host-dependent, and sucks off-host.
How? Sub Net's hit detection isn't much better on-host.

His bloodlust is good, but It is irrelevant on platinum where enemies will counter it. Wouldn't you like the Saboteur's dodge right now?
Saboteur's dodge isn't very good and really clumsy, unless you're trying to get away from the action. The Vorcha slide is infinitely better.

Dosen't have enough weapon damage for a weapons build.
22.5% + three 5% stacks from Bloodlust = 37.5% weapon damage. Not too shabby, and it's actually more than the Saboteur. Plus he gets Incendiary glitching with Incinerate.

Not really a "melee" character
What does this have to do with anything? Most melee builds aren't very good anyway.

The Salarian Engineer.

Bad health and shields.

If you're comparing him to the Saboteur, this is a really invalid point since the Salarian gets 600 base shields and the Saboteur gets 750 base. Not a big difference.

Only good against Geth.
And Cerberus. He has more trouble against Reapers and Collectors, but no more than the Saboteur does.

Paladin has only one more power and is infinitely greater.
Yeah, because Snap Freeze is a stupidly cheesy power.

Bad melee character.
Again, what does this have to do with anything?

Is completely outclassed by his Salarian counterpart.
Most Infiltrators do outclass their race counterparts...

Heavily reliant on recharge time.
I run heavy weapons with him often and never have a problem. Decoy doesn't need to be cast often.

Not a great solo character.
Huh? He has an aggro-drawing power, a decent dodge, and a shield-restore power. He's amazing against Geth. There's a member of this forum that's actually soloed Geth Platinum with him before.

Sheepman, do you actually dislike any character more?You sound like you're saying he(Saboteur) is the worst.
#62sheepman23Posted 9/30/2013 4:51:58 PM
XxproknifaxX posted...
Sheepman, do you actually dislike any character more?You sound like you're saying he(Saboteur) is the worst.

I think the only characters that I would actually rate worse are the Volus Mercenary and maybe the Quarian Engineer, although she's a little iffy since she does have Incinerate and a good boss debuff. Those two things alone make her better against Reapers and Collectors.

The Saboteur isn't incapable, but he is definitely Bottom 5.
---
GT - Sheepman2342
#63YamatoBeatsPosted 9/30/2013 5:05:21 PM
Saboteur sucks. All Volus suck.

Just because we disagree with your opinion, doesn't mean someone can't be good with them. I'm sure any of us could pick up the TSE and VV and outscore any PUG but that doesn't make the class any better.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#64code_kirinPosted 9/30/2013 7:02:54 PM
XxproknifaxX posted...
Cheater much.

You can sit there and complain about a kit being terrible, or you can use what they have to make them decent while still not even touching the top classes in the game (disregarding reegar/incendiary IV). SE, FQE, and VHE all outdamage the Saboteur whether you like it or not.
#65XxproknifaxXPosted 9/30/2013 7:32:08 PM
code_kirin posted...
XxproknifaxX posted...
Cheater much.

You can sit there and complain about a kit being terrible, or you can use what they have to make them decent while still not even touching the top classes in the game (disregarding reegar/incendiary IV). SE, FQE, and VHE all outdamage the Saboteur whether you like it or not.

No they don't. A Saboteur who Constantly Grenade Spams with Grenade Capacity 5 on a map like Rio will smash those classes you mentioned.

I don't know why you're still arguing code_kirin just admit you're biased and get back to work(mass effect multiplayer).
#66YamatoBeatsPosted 9/30/2013 7:49:40 PM
XxproknifaxX posted...
code_kirin posted...
XxproknifaxX posted...
Cheater much.

No they don't. A Saboteur who Constantly Grenade Spams with Grenade Capacity 5 on a map like Rio will smash those classes you mentioned.

I don't know why you're still arguing code_kirin just admit you're biased and get back to work(mass effect multiplayer).

How does any of what he's arguing come off as bias? You're quite obviously the only one with a subjective opinion on the matter.
---
#67XxproknifaxXPosted 9/30/2013 10:13:24 PM
YamatoBeats posted...
XxproknifaxX posted...
code_kirin posted...
XxproknifaxX posted...
Cheater much.

How does any of what he's arguing come off as bias? You're quite obviously the only one with a subjective opinion on the matter.

I'm not biased, i have listened very patently to his posts, he isn't listening. He is still trying to argue however ive already shown him that hes going to lose.
#68Spirit_GoddPosted 9/30/2013 10:35:18 PM
Best designed: GI

Worst designed: Saboteur

Those two immediately came to mind. This proknifa guy is pretty funny by the way, keep it up.
---
GT is Security Shield
#69XxproknifaxXPosted 9/30/2013 10:50:41 PM
Spirit_Godd posted...
Best designed: GI

Worst designed: Saboteur

Those two immediately came to mind. This proknifa guy is pretty funny by the way, keep it up.

Is that a bad or good assesment of me?
#70YamatoBeatsPosted 10/1/2013 1:13:14 AM
XxproknifaxX posted...
YamatoBeats posted...
XxproknifaxX posted...
code_kirin posted...
XxproknifaxX posted...
Cheater much.

I'm not biased, i have listened very patently to his posts, he isn't listening. He is still trying to argue however ive already shown him that hes going to lose.

I don't think you have any clue what bias means. He's not letting his personal opinion of a class keep him from pointing out the flaws and weaknesses of them. He knows that without the incendiary glitch the VHE would be garbage in terms of DPS and willingly points it out.

You, however, keep making garbage assessments of a garbage class. Saying that HG spam will out DPS anything incendiary related clearly shows your inexperience not only with the game but also with the exploit.
---