The saber

#1N7TyrantTitanPosted 10/3/2013 4:27:00 PM
I just unlocked this weapon today.

What can it do? Its an ultra rare so I can't help but think its a really good weapon. I was thinking of using it on my destroyer with the hurricane as a sidearm.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? I really like how this weapon looks and I want to make the most of it even if it is only level one.
---
Bullets & Biotic Explosions!
XBL Gamertag: BAWSERAWSS
#2DuneManPosted 10/3/2013 4:28:23 PM
It basically functions like a semi-auto sniper rifle that doesn't lose damage when not aiming down the scope. Go for headshots whenever the opportunity presents itself.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#3TheHefHugsPosted 10/3/2013 4:31:48 PM
As with any assault rifle it's good on the Ghost. This gun gets some flak but I actually really like it once you get used to it. It fires slower but has great range and accuracy; some people like a scope on it but I don't. As always make sure you use piercing in some way.

I use it randomly on a number of classes but I don't think that it technically compliments the character. I like it on both the Turian Soldier and Sentinel and I sometimes use it on the Krogan Soldier.
---
GT: MahZeeeeeee (7es)
#4code_kirinPosted 10/3/2013 4:35:03 PM
It's one of the worse URs in the game. I would argue the worst after Paladin and Spitfire.

That said, it's not horrible. It relies on headshots to do good damage.. not because it gets a headshot modifier, but because it's damage output is rather low otherwise. This gives it a disadvantage against bosses.
#5hghgnbnbPosted 10/3/2013 4:48:56 PM
Take an ultralight SMG sidearm, and it serves as a fantastic light sniper rifle. My Turian Sentinel is a great marksman with it. I use Overload to strip shields, Warp to weaken Armor, then collect headshots with the Saber.
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled many females across the galaxy.
#6Havoc49JPosted 10/3/2013 8:05:51 PM
I want to like the Saber. But between its weight and relatively low damage I get frustrated by its lack of performance despite how fun it is to use.
---
My Youtube channel with ME3 Vanguard gameplay: http://m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCLcaGVuXEvUt5ne68C1ZlJw
#7N7TyrantTitan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 8:26:19 PM
So because it's a heavier weapon I'd be fine using it on my Destroyer and I have his Devastator mode specced for mag size. I don't know too much about this gun since I missed it in SP and I unlocked it right when I was getting ready to go to work. So I haven't even tried it out yet.

Since it can be used like a sniper rifle, It would be a good investment to put a scope on this right?

Because I was thinking a scope mod and mag mod.
---
Bullets & Biotic Explosions!
XBL Gamertag: BAWSERAWSS
#8gunholePosted 10/3/2013 8:52:11 PM
terrible UR.

almost as bad as the wraith...
---
[voted most irrelevant poster 2012. best sideburns Spring 2013]
#9code_kirinPosted 10/3/2013 9:10:04 PM
It doesn't need a scope. It needs as much damage as you could possibly get. Barrel+mag with AP/drill ammo is your best bet. Saber is one of the few guns that makes the most of drill ammo.

I would also advise full RoF for a destroyer if you don't mind a respec. RoF and damage bonuses will somewhat alleviate its lower damage. It has a huge clip with mag mod already.
#10GoldenSWarriorsPosted 10/3/2013 9:15:47 PM
I hate the saber but it's actually really fun on the ghost thanks to assault rifle damage and overload to stun enemies. Cloak+Overload+Shoot kills most mooks in just one shot.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif