The saber

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

2 years ago#1
I just unlocked this weapon today.

What can it do? Its an ultra rare so I can't help but think its a really good weapon. I was thinking of using it on my destroyer with the hurricane as a sidearm.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? I really like how this weapon looks and I want to make the most of it even if it is only level one.
---
Bullets & Biotic Explosions!
XBL Gamertag: BAWSERAWSS
2 years ago#2
It basically functions like a semi-auto sniper rifle that doesn't lose damage when not aiming down the scope. Go for headshots whenever the opportunity presents itself.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
2 years ago#3
As with any assault rifle it's good on the Ghost. This gun gets some flak but I actually really like it once you get used to it. It fires slower but has great range and accuracy; some people like a scope on it but I don't. As always make sure you use piercing in some way.

I use it randomly on a number of classes but I don't think that it technically compliments the character. I like it on both the Turian Soldier and Sentinel and I sometimes use it on the Krogan Soldier.
---
GT: MahZeeeeeee (7es)
2 years ago#4
It's one of the worse URs in the game. I would argue the worst after Paladin and Spitfire.

That said, it's not horrible. It relies on headshots to do good damage.. not because it gets a headshot modifier, but because it's damage output is rather low otherwise. This gives it a disadvantage against bosses.
2 years ago#5
Take an ultralight SMG sidearm, and it serves as a fantastic light sniper rifle. My Turian Sentinel is a great marksman with it. I use Overload to strip shields, Warp to weaken Armor, then collect headshots with the Saber.
---
Did someone say "Prothean?" This one is familiar with enkindling. This one has enkindled many females across the galaxy.
2 years ago#6
I want to like the Saber. But between its weight and relatively low damage I get frustrated by its lack of performance despite how fun it is to use.
---
My Youtube channel with ME3 Vanguard gameplay: http://m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCLcaGVuXEvUt5ne68C1ZlJw
2 years ago#7
So because it's a heavier weapon I'd be fine using it on my Destroyer and I have his Devastator mode specced for mag size. I don't know too much about this gun since I missed it in SP and I unlocked it right when I was getting ready to go to work. So I haven't even tried it out yet.

Since it can be used like a sniper rifle, It would be a good investment to put a scope on this right?

Because I was thinking a scope mod and mag mod.
---
Bullets & Biotic Explosions!
XBL Gamertag: BAWSERAWSS
2 years ago#8
terrible UR.

almost as bad as the wraith...
---
[voted most irrelevant poster 2012. best sideburns Spring 2013]
2 years ago#9
It doesn't need a scope. It needs as much damage as you could possibly get. Barrel+mag with AP/drill ammo is your best bet. Saber is one of the few guns that makes the most of drill ammo.

I would also advise full RoF for a destroyer if you don't mind a respec. RoF and damage bonuses will somewhat alleviate its lower damage. It has a huge clip with mag mod already.
2 years ago#10
I hate the saber but it's actually really fun on the ghost thanks to assault rifle damage and overload to stun enemies. Cloak+Overload+Shoot kills most mooks in just one shot.
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived