What story or DLC missions do you wish you had seen? (SPOILERS)

#1Ernst_JungerPosted 10/20/2013 8:04:50 PM
I would have liked a desertion from Cerberus and return to the Alliance mission with some story behind it.

I would have liked to play as a Batarian during their last stand. Not as a higher up, but maybe as a Shepard counterpart. Someone who warned that the Batarians were too authoritarian and isolated, and maybe was facing his own court martial when the attack hit. 2-3 hours would have been fine.

I was hoping later DLC would feature a mission to retrieve Shepard's body. Maybe someone who has to prove his worth to Shepard's remaining crew, if any given the ambiguities.

If Shepard takes charge of the Reapers, a mission could feature an effort to either humanize or destroy him and the Reapers once and for all before he becomes another Harbinger or Geth-like entity.
#2Xero_MachariusPosted 10/20/2013 8:12:19 PM
Honestly I would of just liked more missions that didn't feel like Shep +2 saved the entire galaxy by themselves. I guess that's why ME2's final mission was practically the only part of the game that I enjoyed.
---
GT - Xero M XTC
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/inventory/?name=Xero M XTC&platform=xbox
#3MurphysGhostPosted 10/20/2013 8:26:33 PM
I would've liked a mission on one of the homeworlds to take down a processor ship and liberate the area being rounded up near it. I think seeing this at ground level and helping to fight it would've made the terror of the harvest more immediate.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#4YandizbarPosted 10/20/2013 8:45:52 PM
Earth done justice by including a parallel story about Anderson and the resistance on Earth. Maybe even Major Coats.
#5roo10158Posted 10/20/2013 10:16:39 PM(edited)
An Extended Cut (and by extended cut I mean completely replaced/revamped) of Priority Earth that actually was larger in scope than the SM, and actually showed/used your war assets.
-Also, we would fight inside of a reaper itself.
-And there'd be a vehicle section

A Terminus Systems DLC. This would be in place of the Omega DLC. It has all of the content of that DLC, but with these additions I've listed below:

-This would alter the three side missions in the vanilla game that involve you getting the merc groups under Aria's control. Installing this DLC makes those three side missions to be locked and impossible to start right away.
-You start off like you do the Omega DLC: go meet and talk to Aria, then get transmission that she is ready, go save Omega, etc...
-After that, you unlock a permanent Omega hub world
-Aria from now on will be in Afterlife. Talking to her there will grant you access to those three side missions where Blood Pack, Blue Suns, and Eclipse join her.
-After you do one of those, you unlock one or two side missions involving said group. In these side missions, you help them fight reapers in various planets in the Terminus and make the war asset for that group higher (of course, this second part will require the first DLC I wish I had seen).
-One of the Blue Suns missions could have featured Zaeed as a Temporary Squadmate.
-Like the missions in Leviathan, these side missions don't have to be done in one sitting. You can do one, then go do something else and come back to this DLC later (also similar to Firewalker). Plus these are completely optional, so you don't even have to do them at all.
-Once you do all three merc groups' content, you unlock a final side mission where you help out the Talons.

A "Minor-Homeworlds" DLC
-you get missions (once again, you can do at your own pace, and not forced to do all at once) where you fight reapers on Dekunna, Irune, Kahje, etc. Pretty much, a mission that takes place on each species' that isn't the Asari's, Turians', Salarians', or Humans' homeworlds.
-since you'd be fighting on planet surfaces, and for Kahje on/under water, there'd be vehicle sections in this DLC

I was also hoping there'd be a second Character DLC
---
Preorder- PS4, Batman Arkham Origins CE. Will preorder- Mass Effect 4 Collector's Edition
Top 5 franchises- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon
#6MacDofGlasgowPosted 10/21/2013 5:14:27 AM
roo10158 posted...

A "Minor-Homeworlds" DLC
-you get missions (once again, you can do at your own pace, and not forced to do all at once) where you fight reapers on Dekunna, Irune, Kahje, etc. Pretty much, a mission that takes place on each species' that isn't the Asari's, Turians', Salarians', or Humans' homeworlds.
-since you'd be fighting on planet surfaces, and for Kahje on/under water, there'd be vehicle sections in this DLC

I honestly thought we'd have set foot on Palaven properly, along with Dekunna, Irune and Kahje. I was sure you'd have to go to Khar'shan for something too. Given the mystery of the Batarian people basically hiding behind propaganda and their history with humans, I thought it would be really cool if you went and found that their conflicts with humans had marginalised them to the extent of making them easier prey. Even with the indoctrination of the higher ups.

And I still think there should have been more made with regards to which fleets and the size of them that make it to the final stand off. I don't mind the ending, but we should have seen the Rannoch fleets being able to do something that the Geth or Quarians alone couldn't. Seen the Turian dreadnoughts that survived Palaven burning taking down a reaper. We should have seen Krogan footsoldiers on the attack route giving cover fire - this would let the Earth mission be similar but at least be impacted by troops on the ground. We should get to see more of what these guys are up to and it should have impacted the combat more. Less reaper units on the ground as more were involved in orbit in battle and stuff like that. Small changes could have made it feel like the battle was a true battle, rather than just Shep winning the war alone (or with Liara and Garrus in my case).
---
Backlog (6): Blue Dragon, Sacred 2, Risen, Mind Jack, X3, Dungeon Siege 3
#7roo10158Posted 10/21/2013 10:34:00 AM
I considered counting Kar'Shan, but I assumed that that place was already basically wiped out since they got hit the first and hardest, and didn't really have much of a resistance or any help.

But then again, a mission there where you get a transmission from Balak (if he is in charge) or the not-Balak replacement asking for desperate assistance to save Batarians from a Reaper prison camp who haven't been harvested yet. Then you and him go to Karshan and save them. That way we can learn more about the race, as well as learn more about how the Reapers harvest the people they captured and get a glimpse at life in the captured regions of the galaxy.

So you're right, Karshan would be interesting too.
---
Preorder- PS4, Batman Arkham Origins CE. Will preorder- Mass Effect 4 Collector's Edition
Top 5 franchises- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon
#8Doofe_2012Posted 10/21/2013 3:39:18 PM
I wish there had been a DLC connecting and continuing the story of Mass Effect: Infiltrator, the mobile phone FPS that they put out. Randall Ezno, the main character from that, would have been a good squadmate, and the mission would have involved him finishing off his enclave of Cerberus.
---
GT: ColossusCHD, playing Halo 4, Black Ops 2, HAWX 2
We're gonna fly over all the oceans, were gonna shout to the outer space.
#9edgecrusher02Posted 10/22/2013 3:51:02 PM
I would like to have seen Priority Earth made into an actual final battle with choices and consequences. It would basically have been an extended extended cut though. With the EC and Leviathan DLCs, this is the one thing that kept ME3 from being what I really wanted it to be.

The sense of comraderie that comes with the Citadel DLC is very lacking in comparison to the actual game. I think that should have been present in the above mentioned missing battle. I like the overall premise and cerebral/dialogue portion of the finale, but everything about the finale before that is about as standard as can be.
---
"We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive." - Albert Einstein
#10deathscythe257Posted 10/22/2013 7:08:55 PM
- A better bridging the gap between ME2 and ME3...

- A DLC actually related to the keepers and the citadel itself. I mean seriously, the whole 3 games its established that the citadel is this insane ancient structure maintained by the keepers, and no one knows where the keepers come from, yet their numbers are constant, we never even see one die...

- You would think there would be a more in depth look about it all, ESPECIALLY after learning that the citadel and the Mass Relays are of reaper origin (IIRC, doesn't Sovereign tell you that part in ME1?).

- Some kind of DLC relating to ilos... Seriously, this was a long forgotten city full of prothean tech, how could there not be more missions about it?! Especially after acquiring Javik...
---
Yes, this is a signature.