Mass Effect HBO Series would be better than a movie

#1dietsnapple123Posted 10/27/2013 8:11:02 AM
Or they have really edit the story in the game. For example, completely cutting out Noveria or Feros. They should find liara on the citadel, etc. That's the only way it would work. Even then, the movie could easily be 2 to 3 hours.

A tv series would literally allow 10+ hours of content and since it's all split up you can easily put in the bigger side quests in between the main story.

Btw, EA and Bio check gamefaqs all the time so they will definitely read this.
---
Made from the best stuff on Earth.
RIP Danny aka "Tourettes Guy" 1964-2007
#2dietsnapple123(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 8:14:12 AM
Since this would establish a canon mass effect, vanguard male shepard with liara as the main li. I hope they choose that over soldier.
---
Made from the best stuff on Earth.
RIP Danny aka "Tourettes Guy" 1964-2007
#3NafzgerPosted 10/27/2013 8:27:48 AM
I disagree with ME being anything but a game series, but you are right that TV is the best medium for something like this. It's really the best medium for any sort of storytelling now. Movies are expensive and cram a plot into a 2-3 hour package, whereas a series can tell a stronger story over a longer period of time.

Just look at something like The Walking Dead. Zombie movies are a dime a dozen, but they've really hit the nail on the head by turning it into a series. It wouldn't have worked as a movie.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#4xTheSiskoxPosted 10/27/2013 10:38:35 AM
Nafzger posted...
I disagree with ME being anything but a game series, but you are right that TV is the best medium for something like this. It's really the best medium for any sort of storytelling now. Movies are expensive and cram a plot into a 2-3 hour package, whereas a series can tell a stronger story over a longer period of time.

Just look at something like The Walking Dead. Zombie movies are a dime a dozen, but they've really hit the nail on the head by turning it into a series. It wouldn't have worked as a movie.

Yeah they hit the nail on the head alright more like way too many times to the point that the nail is broken. They deviated hardcore from the comic books with a much better storyline. *IF* a ME tv series would appear they'd have to go the route of not making up crap that wasn't in the game rather like how Walking Dead tv series made up a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the comic books. Such as going to the CDC etc.
#5xKryptonKnightxPosted 10/27/2013 10:50:07 AM
It shouldn't involve Shepard at all. It'll just complicate the narrative. What they can do is base the series off the novels and comics, minus Deception unless they revise it, which doesn't seem likely.
---
Proper Preparation and Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
GT: Marvel Maverick
#6Mr_PipboyPosted 10/27/2013 10:54:00 AM
Transition from one media to another is always tough. You have to keep enough of the core elements to stay true tot he material, while changing enough to make it fit the new media, and keep it both engaging for those familiar with the root source and informative enough to catch a new audience up to speed.

TV is always better than movies for telling a story. It allows for character to develop longer arcs and lets plots develop longer creating better tension. Look at Breaking Bad. That plot would have worked as a movie and it would have been decent at best. However because it was a TV show, its one of the best ever (For me #2 behind the Wire).

Because the story telling in Mass Effect mirrors that of a TV show, it would of course work better.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#7NafzgerPosted 10/27/2013 11:23:24 AM
I always look at things as two separate universes when they do a media transition. It's easier to judge something on its own merit rather than constantly compare it to the source material. A good example is the sudden influx of superhero movies. I could sit through The Avengers with my arms crossed going "this isn't how it is in THIS issue WTF MARVEL *** movies!" or I could enjoy the movie for what it is and simply pretend it's another of the parallel earths that exist within the comic continuity.

I've been doing the same for remakes of old movies since there are so many goddamn remakes anymore.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#8spacecowboy44Posted 10/27/2013 2:13:49 PM
making liara the LI...nooooooooooo...id be much happier if they just didnt waste the time or money making her character apart of the movie at all
---
---Playing Hardcore with me is like quail hunting with Dick Cheney.
#9JediWatchmenPosted 10/27/2013 2:17:23 PM
i could see a cop show based on c-sec working.
---
The Blackest Night falls from the skies.The darkness grows as all light dies.We crave your hearts and your demise. By my black hand...The dead shall rise!
#10DividerByZeroPosted 10/27/2013 4:00:14 PM
I would rather have an original series in the ME universe than a retelling of Shepard's story. Most of the people who would watch would have played the trilogy through anyway.
---
Posted with GameRaven 0.3.28