The Treaty of Farixen (spoilers)

#1LordTrinenPosted 10/27/2013 1:59:48 PM
I've been reading about the Treaty of Farixen which dictates how many dreadnoughts each Council race is allowed to build for their fleets. As the Council's primary military and peacekeeping force the turians are allowed the most. The asari and salarians are allowed the second most and the other species are allowed the least. It breaks down as 5:3:1. For every 5 dreadnoughts the turians make the asari/salarians are allowed 3 and every other race is allowed 1.

I understand that this treaty is designed to maintain a balance of power. However I see it also as being very dangerous. I don't think the turians should be allowed to have so many dreadnoughts compared to the other species. They may be the Council's peacekeeping force but that doesn't guarantee that they will always be peaceful.

Just as there are human supremacists in the ME universe each species has its own supremacists who see their race as superior. Turians are no exception. Saren's brother Desolas was one of them and sought to use a Reaper artifact to "evolve" the turian race and make them the dominant species in the galaxy.

Imagine what would happen if the Primarch and/or turian Councilor was someone like Desolas. As powerful as the turian military and the race as a whole is it is very likely that if they attempted to dominate the galaxy they could do it. There wouldn't be very many who could stop them.

The turians would likely be smart enough to try and get rid of the asari and salarian dreadnoughts first and cripple their forces. The Rachni are all but gone. The krogan don't have the numbers for war. The geth probably wouldn't care and the turians would leave them alone. Humanity would put up a fight but I do wonder how the First Contact War would have ended if the Council hadn't intervened when it did.

I think a 3:1 balance would have been more appropriate. The non-Council races would only be allowed 1 dreadnought for every 3 the Council races made and no single Council race would have a higher dreadnought count than the other.

Thoughts?
#2TimeShinigamiPosted 10/27/2013 2:08:58 PM
Doesnt matter what the fleet situation is. First species to develop treaties with the Krogan and Geth win.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#3MurphysGhostPosted 10/27/2013 2:17:57 PM(edited)
It sort of makes sense because the Turians' only true strength is military. They aren't master manipulators and biotics like the Asari, and they don't have the intelligence services or scientific prowess of the Salarians. Heck, they had to basically adopt the Volus to balance their checkbooks for them. ;)

Not only that, they're seen as being incredibly loyal and far less conniving than any of the other major species. It's probably thought that, kinda like the Elites in Halo, giving them a position of military honor will only reinforce their loyalty- and having them handle most of the patrols, etc. is desirable because neither the Asari nor the Salarians particularly care for such work.

Edit: It might also be a demand born from the Krogan Rebellions - I think (from reading different planet descriptions, Codex entries, etc.) that the Turians bore the brunt of that war and their planets took much more damage than either the Asari or Salarians.

---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#4i5tioneyesPosted 10/27/2013 2:37:40 PM
don't take any of below seriously and yes what i'm about to say is extremely politically incorrect but somewhat insightful

turians = germans, wasps, aglosaxons, skull and bones, MIC type folks
asari = diaspora society integrated jews
salarians = east asians
volus = non-ashkenazi jews, orthodox jews, etc
krogans = african americans
geth = apple and samsung (both factions)
vorcha = south americans
batarians = eastern europeans
drell = either bohemian style hipsters, asian pop star types, etc
#5NafzgerPosted 10/27/2013 2:50:36 PM(edited)
why are krogan specifically African-American? Wouldn't they just be African?

Why are vorcha south american? That seems rather pointless.

Why are batarians Eastern European? They're clearly a parallel to North Korea
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#6i5tioneyesPosted 10/27/2013 2:50:50 PM
Nafzger posted...
why are krogan specifically african american? Wouldn't they just be African?

bc african americans are generally better all around athletes. look at tight ends, running backs, bo jackson, etc
#7i5tioneyesPosted 10/27/2013 2:51:37 PM
Nafzger posted...
why are krogan specifically African-American? Wouldn't they just be African?

Why are vorcha south american? That seems rather pointless.

Why are batarians Eastern European? They're clearly a parallel to North Korea

ok fine. it's not an absolute parallel. you get the picture
#8NafzgerPosted 10/27/2013 2:53:51 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9NefhithPosted 10/27/2013 2:58:48 PM
Humans would just ninja atomic bomb'd everything. The race that would have the best survival rate would be the salarians. They're smart. They probably already anticipated that.
---
I have so many Disruptor rounds I could solo the Sovereign attack on the Citadel. -Mr_arizona
#10i5tioneyesPosted 10/27/2013 3:00:54 PM
Nafzger posted...
i5tioneyes posted...
Nafzger posted...
why are krogan specifically african american? Wouldn't they just be African?

bc african americans are generally better all around athletes. look at tight ends, running backs, bo jackson, etc

yeah and then look at any soccer player from Africa, you ignorant ****

Krogans - taken from their home to serve the purpose of others...gee what does that sound like?

Krogans - live on a planet torn apart by war...much like some parts of Africa

Krogans - genetic sickness that causes fertility rates to drop significantly...similar to the number of cases of HIV and AIDS in Africa.

In your attempt you be politically correct, you've actually just made yourself look even dumber.

read the first line of my post. it specifically says "politcally incorrect"

i obviously didnt think this through to the level you did gosh.

also i love soccer as a sport, even more than football. but nfl players as all around athletes >>> soccer players. nfl dudes at the combine drop ridiculous verts, bench numbers, 40s, and laterals. yes soccer players are great athletes but not a whole lot of them can put up nfl level weight room stats