any kits your surprised you do not see alot of?

#21OrokenDuMongerPosted 10/29/2013 11:25:18 AM
DuneMan posted...
Spider5800 posted...
I really am shocked by how little I see the default human characters anymore. Even the vanguard, who I saw nonstop when the game was new, is pretty rare. Human adept and engineer are amazing at power combos, and the soldier has a couple viable builds for gold and plat.

Everyone has access to these characters, yet no one seems to use them.

They're "boring" is the likely reason. None of the base human classes are bad, though I suppose some folks might dislike Cryo Blast and Sticky Grenades on the Infiltrator, but they don't have that pop factor either.

You want "pop factor", use a basic Human soldier specced thusly,

Adrenaline: Damage all the way
Concussive Shot: Stagger
Frag Grenade: Armor damage

Use Black or regular Widow

Presto, you have created a class that requires skill and finesse, try not to get downed.
---
One does not simply pass through the Omega IV Relay - CouchCommandoIV
#22terrysmay04Posted 10/29/2013 11:40:39 AM
What has more "pop" than the human adept making three BEs at the same time with singularity/shockwave?
---
I hate so many things about what you choose to be.
#23DuneManPosted 10/29/2013 11:41:56 AM(edited)
^
^
Again:

None are bad.

They simply lack 'pop'.

Drilling people with AR'ed Black Widow shots is great, but still just amounts to 'pew... pew... pew...'.

Compare that to, say, the Geth Trooper. He's a robot, with a flamethrower. A robot with a flamethrower. 'Pop'.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#24DuneManPosted 10/29/2013 11:42:34 AM
terrysmay04 posted...
What has more "pop" than the human adept making three BEs at the same time with singularity/shockwave?

A space ninja... I see more Slayers than standard human Adepts.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#25Spider5800Posted 10/29/2013 12:08:08 PM
DuneMan posted...
Spider5800 posted...
I really am shocked by how little I see the default human characters anymore. Even the vanguard, who I saw nonstop when the game was new, is pretty rare. Human adept and engineer are amazing at power combos, and the soldier has a couple viable builds for gold and plat.

They're "boring" is the likely reason. None of the base human classes are bad, though I suppose some folks might dislike Cryo Blast and Sticky Grenades on the Infiltrator, but they don't have that pop factor either.

I'm still not sure I buy that. A human engineer can lay waste to enemies with alternating tech bursts and fire explosions. The human vanguard's charge > nova, while annoying to others in your group, is still pretty fun to play.

Plus one of the things I see MOST of is vorcha who run around spamming flamer and little else. If "pop" was what players were looking for, I can't see that playstyle getting as popular as it is.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#26XxproknifaxXPosted 10/29/2013 12:41:25 PM
zhoban posted...
XxproknifaxX posted...
GoldenSWarriors posted...
I never see pugs use anything other than the juggernaut, ghost, AIU, trooper, warlord, or destroyer

Wut? I never see the Warlord, I actually see lots of stupid Shaman players who melee instead of using powers/using a reegar.

Maybe cause the n00bs on PS3 think differently then the n00bs on Xbox.

Why not use a melee build with a Krogan Shaman? He gets Warp to debuff the enemy/boss and Barrier for the Damage Reduction. It's a better idea to go with melee as a Krogan Sentinel or Krogan Vanguard but stupid ideas are also very fun.

Awakened Collector Melee build FTW.
---
The day Sunderland win a game, Crystal Palace will come last-Nicholas Xeras
#27NafzgerPosted 10/29/2013 1:16:21 PM
OrokenDuMonger posted...
DuneMan posted...
Spider5800 posted...

You want "pop factor", use a basic Human soldier specced thusly,

Adrenaline: Damage all the way
Concussive Shot: Stagger
Frag Grenade: Armor damage

Use Black or regular Widow

Presto, you have created a class that requires skill and finesse, try not to get downed.

lol you take adrenaline rush
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#28OrokenDuMongerPosted 10/29/2013 1:19:11 PM
@Nafzger

Yup, it's probably the best ability in the game.

1. Instant reloads

2. Weapon Damage boost

3. High DR, comparable to Shield Boost minus stupid glitch

4. Slows down time anyone?
---
One does not simply pass through the Omega IV Relay - CouchCommandoIV
#29TimeShinigamiPosted 10/29/2013 2:27:13 PM
OrokenDuMonger posted...
@Nafzger

1. Instant reloads

2. Weapon Damage boost

Nope. Tac Cloak is above and beyond the best general ability. Reave is the best power in my opinion (definitely the best biotic power). Snap Freeze is the best tech, maybe tied with Flamer.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#30Kyo3333Posted 10/29/2013 3:02:11 PM
OrokenDuMonger posted...
@Nafzger

1. Instant reloads

2. Weapon Damage boost

Um... whut?

1. Ok, this is true.

2. Less than Tactical Cloak

3. Um... you get no DR if you take damage. Also no shield gate refresh, also DR is useless if you're almost dead anyway.

4. There is no power in multiplayer that slows down time to any degree...