Green ending question (obvious spoilers)

#1LordTrinenPosted 11/12/2013 2:01:28 PM
In most of my playthroughs I keep Wrex alive and cure the genophage. No matter what ending I pick I'm treated images of the krogan rebuilding their civilization and krogan families flourishing.

I do know that if Wreav is leading the krogan you see him rallying the krogan for a new war (if the genophage is cured) or returning home to a desolate Tuchanka (genophage cure sabotaged).

The only time I've kept Wreav alive I've sabotaged the genophage cure and picked the Destroy ending. However I've heard that if you pick the Synthesis ending the genophage is cured anyway and you see the krogan rebuilding and flourishing peacefully rather than gearing up for war. Is this true?

I've often heard people talk about the Synthesis ending as a form of brainwashing. If it really does keep the warmongering Wreav from cutting a bloody path through the galaxy I'd definitely say this statement has some credibility.
#2SageOfLifePosted 11/12/2013 2:05:28 PM
Wreav's synthesis ending is inexplicably identical to Wrex's. It's one of the biggest reasons why people think synthesis involves brainwashing.
---
Get your f*#%*!% foot off my neck, then we'll talk tolerance. - David Gerrold
#3NefhithPosted 11/12/2013 2:51:17 PM
Take it like halo's custom maps. You can either take a prefabricated one or just pick a blank canvas and make your own ending by shutting down the xbox after killing Marauder Shields.
---
I have so many Disruptor rounds I could solo the Sovereign attack on the Citadel-Mr_arizona
PS3's drell infiltrator queen of the kit contest
#4LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 3:12:38 PM
Nefhith posted...
Take it like halo's custom maps. You can either take a prefabricated one or just pick a blank canvas and make your own ending by shutting down the xbox after killing Marauder Shields.

Just trying to better my understanding of the endings. The Synthesis ending has many good qualities but I want to understand all its impacts.
#5SageOfLifePosted 11/12/2013 3:14:48 PM
LordTrinen posted...
Nefhith posted...

Just trying to better my understanding of the endings. The Synthesis ending has many good qualities but I want to understand all its impacts.

It contains body horror on the same level as The Human Centipede. Personally I think that outweighs any good qualities.
---
#6NefhithPosted 11/12/2013 3:38:48 PM
LordTrinen posted...
Nefhith posted...

Everyone becomes "friendly" (all cultures know what every other culture think, organics and synthetics can communicate and understand each other...), physiological death is no longer a problem, you can speak with your toaster so it stops burning the middle of the bread, every living being can be modified so you can make a plant that produces "fuel" for synthetics and "food"for organics or anything you can imagine, any race can work as a cluster of intelligences, making it possible for them to explore anything...

The only bad thing about that ending is that it feels as if Shepard was a monkey that saved all the galaxy or something like that (I guess with that ending shepard could be revived, though) and the people saying brainwashing this, brainwashing that. It's just making people realize what can they do now with that they've got. Krogan notice they can be more than just killing machines or just realize what is their impact on their actions and probably act differently, but not even close to brain washing.
---
I have so many Disruptor rounds I could solo the Sovereign attack on the Citadel-Mr_arizona
PS3's drell infiltrator queen of the kit contest
#7SageOfLifePosted 11/12/2013 3:48:42 PM
Nefhith posted...
LordTrinen posted...
Nefhith posted...

Everyone becomes "friendly" (all cultures know what every other culture think, organics and synthetics can communicate and understand each other...), physiological death is no longer a problem, you can speak with your toaster so it stops burning the middle of the bread, every living being can be modified so you can make a plant that produces "fuel" for synthetics and "food"for organics or anything you can imagine, any race can work as a cluster of intelligences, making it possible for them to explore anything...

The only bad thing about that ending is that it feels as if Shepard was a monkey that saved all the galaxy or something like that (I guess with that ending shepard could be revived, though) and the people saying brainwashing this, brainwashing that. It's just making people realize what can they do now with that they've got. Krogan notice they can be more than just killing machines or just realize what is their impact on their actions and probably act differently, but not even close to brain washing.

The words of someone who spent their whole life as part of the privileged majority.
---
#8Offworlder1Posted 11/12/2013 3:59:59 PM
Can we give the whole ending thing a rest ?, and to see why people do not like synthesis just look for old topics and the info is there.

Mostly it comes down to the human centipede/body horror (self aware husks, cannibals etc), and brain washing as Wreav and other warmongers like him all the sudden decide to change their ways which is not something that would happen even with understanding and connection as some people don't give a damn and still want to kill/destroy others.

Synthesis could also end any kind of evolution as it forces everyone to skip all the learning and changes and makes it that everyone is at the final stage of evolution. Tis is stunting everyone as instead of learning,and changing naturally they are just given the knowledge plus final step of evolution because Shepard forced it on everyone taking away their right to choose.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#9SageOfLifePosted 11/12/2013 4:02:46 PM
Terms like "final evolution" send Sage of Life's inner biologist into angry gibbon mode.
---
#10Havoc49JPosted 11/12/2013 4:28:29 PM(edited)
I think the biggest sign of brain washing is the fact that the star child just biologically alters every being in the galaxy. Doing so would potentially shatter the religious belief structures many depend upon, completely shift the social dynamic of inter specie affairs, completely alters or negates the economic structure of these species, and leading to significant identity crisis in every individual.

And after having the world they knew and loved not destroyed, but perverted into an in unrecognizable abomination before their very eyes, they don't freak the **** out. They just deal with it and move on like its the greatest thing ever.

I wish I could find my post from a few months back explaining how synthesis is the greatest evil you could commit upon the galaxy, but I can't find it.