Green ending question (obvious spoilers)

#121SageOfLifePosted 11/15/2013 7:47:11 PM
Nafzger posted...
Yes, it is. Murder is murder, regardless of the circumstances. It's really more like genocide in this case anyway. i'm sure the Turks were just defending themselves when they pushed rocks on top of all of those Armenians, or the poor Soviets were just defending themselves when they sent all of those German POWs to the Gulag. It's justifiable, right?

No it is not. Murder requires malicious intent. First-degree murder is malicious intent with premeditation. Second-degree murder is malicious intent on the spur of the moment. Manslaughter is causing another's death without malicious intent. None of those things are self-defense.
---
Get your f*#%*!% foot off my neck, then we'll talk tolerance. - David Gerrold
#122Offworlder1Posted 11/15/2013 8:06:44 PM(edited)
This topic exploded after 2 pages of being on topic, this is really sad and pathetic in a way that now the big argument is about the geth and geth heretics.

ME 2 had a good POV for it via Legion and the loyalty mission but in ME 3 all of it got thrown out it seems.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#123asbsandPosted 11/16/2013 12:19:04 PM
Offworlder1 posted...
This topic exploded after 2 pages of being on topic, this is really sad and pathetic in a way that now the big argument is about the geth and geth heretics.

ME 2 had a good POV for it via Legion and the loyalty mission but in ME 3 all of it got thrown out it seems.

Legion's original writer Chris I'Etoile left after ME2 and he even wrote public posts after ME3 came out expressing slight dissapointment of what Bioware had done to the Geth and EDI in ME3 because it was so counterpoint to what he had established.

I believe a quote from him was something like "The geth act with little emotion because they are not human, and because I wanted to challenge myself into making a synthetic race that would evolve in some sort of way without mimicing a "pinnochio" arc".

Kinda sad when they went all pinnochio with EDI and the Geth being "true AI's" or whatever. So cheesy and sad.
---
There's no such thing as a "nitpick". Subtle details are what seperates a great game from an amazing game.
3DS Friend Code: 2578-3323-8264