So... ME3 friends, and nonfriends

#1zhobanPosted 11/13/2013 4:23:59 PM
I'm bored (and drunk) and decided that I would ask a question that I am curious about to the board that I love.

What is your favorite game? I will offer no insults towards whatever game you choose. If you feel you need to go in depth as to why you love it or if you just decide you want to say why you do, feel free.

And to keep this on track so it doesn't get modded, what was your reasoning for first playing Mass Effect?

Favorite game: Silent Hill 2. As anyone who has been on this board or anyone I have gamed with, it is no secret that I love the first four Silent Hill games and Survival Horror games in general.

The reason I came to Mass Effect was that I was needing a new game to play after getting my 360, I've always been more interested in games with story and I had heard it had a great story. I bought it for $20 and initially hated it for the save system, it was also a bit slow for my taste. The save system wasn't an issue for me until I got off the Citadel and went to look for Liara but kept running into a Thresher Maw which would make me restart quite a bit of progress so I gave up. After a friend of mine borrowed it from me, he kept discussing how great the game was which I finally decided to give it another go and fell in love with it.
---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)
#2cdohanPosted 11/13/2013 4:27:15 PM
Mega Man (original series, x, zero). It just has the perfect balance of difficulty and fun. I love the atmosphere and the enemies and the gameplay. Also, nostalgia.
---
GT-CrashUrStox ||| Hit me up for some ME3 gold or plat, always down for some games.
#3zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 4:30:25 PM
cdohan posted...
Mega Man (original series, x, zero). It just has the perfect balance of difficulty and fun. I love the atmosphere and the enemies and the gameplay. Also, nostalgia.

I never got much into Mega Man series. I had nothing against it, I just never got much into the games. Maybe I should try to play them again, any that you recommend someone should start with?
---
#4DividerByZeroPosted 11/13/2013 4:33:21 PM
I've probably played RE4 the most, but my favorite experience (still) is Tony Hawk's Underground.

HD collection when, Activision?
---
Posted with GameRaven 0.3.28
#5zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 4:36:28 PM
DividerByZero posted...
I've probably played RE4 the most, but my favorite experience (still) is Tony Hawk's Underground.

I haven't kept up with those games in years, did they ever have a sequel to the Underground games? I remember Zayn being extremely pissed at me for not having beaten RE4 but that was due to bad memories with it. I always ran out of ammo by the time I got to the boulder chase scene because I played it when I was so young and when I got a slim PS2, it always froze on me as you got to the first house.
---
#6DividerByZeroPosted 11/13/2013 4:40:10 PM(edited)
zhoban posted...
DividerByZero posted...

I haven't kept up with those games in years, did they ever have a sequel to the Underground games? I remember Zayn being extremely pissed at me for not having beaten RE4 but that was due to bad memories with it. I always ran out of ammo by the time I got to the boulder chase scene because I played it when I was so young and when I got a slim PS2, it always froze on me as you got to the first house.

They went on a tangent of peripheral-based games to play off of Guitar Hero, but they were all terrible. The other recent games are nothing special, and the HD remake is awful.

Pick up the On-demand version of RE4.
---
Posted with GameRaven 0.3.28
#7cdohanPosted 11/13/2013 4:41:39 PM
zhoban posted...
cdohan posted...

I never got much into Mega Man series. I had nothing against it, I just never got much into the games. Maybe I should try to play them again, any that you recommend someone should start with?

Mega Man 2 is a good one. Mega Man X is what hooked me, Mega Man X1-X6 are really good and you can find roms/isos for them online. I liked X4 the best out of the X series though, probably because it was the first one that you could play as Zero for the whole game.

Mega Man X is what you should start with though, X has the smoothest controls.
---
GT-CrashUrStox ||| Hit me up for some ME3 gold or plat, always down for some games.
#8zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 4:44:55 PM
DividerByZero posted...
They went on a tangent of peripheral-based games to play off of Guitar Hero, but they were all terrible. The other recent games are nothing special, and the HD remake is awful.

Pick up the On-demand version of RE4.

I'm not much of a fan of Guitar Hero, I think Rock Band is far better in gameplay and song variety. Is the HD version that bad? That's too bad, I thought about getting it because I still have fond memories of playing the first three THPS games.

I have it as well as Code Veronica X. But the moment I decided to take a break from ME3, I decided to go to BL2 which has been pretty much my love. Hopefully playing Resident Evil: Revelations might get me back in the mood to play other games.
---
#9zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 4:46:16 PM
cdohan posted...
Mega Man 2 is a good one. Mega Man X is what hooked me, Mega Man X1-X6 are really good and you can find roms/isos for them online. I liked X4 the best out of the X series though, probably because it was the first one that you could play as Zero for the whole game.

I'm trying to remember, isn't Mega Man X the one that is available through Xbox LIVE?
---
#10cdohanPosted 11/13/2013 5:01:22 PM
zhoban posted...
cdohan posted...

I'm trying to remember, isn't Mega Man X the one that is available through Xbox LIVE?

No clue, but I know Mega Man 10 is on there. It's a throwback to the classic style. Just download a SNES emulator and get X1 through X3 on rom. You can use a wired 360 controller or a PS3 controller.
---