Who is the worst squadmate in the trilogy?

#41BobbyB3000Posted 11/21/2013 2:07:57 PM
Mr_arizona posted...
BiggyDX posted...
Carribean_Cool posted...
I used Jacob so many times on insanity and he's really good.

Someone actually gave the brotha some props :,)

I feel the hate is mostly over the top (Unless you brought his romance into ME3) as his problem is he sorta fell behind in awesomeness to all the half dressed women, assassins, and general badasses of ME2. Plus his story is former Alliance guy wanting to do good stuff. Not really Asari warrior, Krogan anomaly, or Geth wearing Shepards armor.

My only problem with Jacob is that on higher difficulties, his skills aren't really helpful for me as a vanguard player
---
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73
#42Nafzger(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2013 4:37:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#43BongSabrePosted 11/21/2013 5:36:34 PM
I've only voluntarily run Garrus, Wrex, Tali, Liara, Mordin and Grunt.
Everyone, EVERYONE else is baggage.
---
That is not dead which can eternal lie,
and with strange aeons, even death may die.
#44mixedlionPosted 11/22/2013 7:32:08 AM
For me, that would be Ashley

-Snotty voice irritates me (same voice actress for Batgirl, just really annoys me)
-Acts like a reality TV star in Mass Effect 3 (drunkenness and all)
-Limited usefulness in ME3, James Vega outshines her as a squadmate and soldier
-Just plain ugly in ME1/ME2 (usually not *that* shallow but yeah don't like her face or hair at all)

She usually gets Virmired during my runs.

Others:
-Grunt (never appealed to me)
-Kaidan (although he does improve in Mass Effect 3, namely romanced Kaidan)
-Zaeed (just plain ugly)
-Liara (way too much writer favoritism, feels way too forced on the player, especially when they decided to make her go the Shadow Broker route and render her unkillable. Also hate that even if you didn't romance her the game's flags sometimes recognize her as romanced)

And even though he's not a squadmate I really hate Joker. Wanted to throw his cocky arse out the airlock in Mass Effect 1, wanted to throw him out even more after he gets Shepard killed in the beginning of ME2, and hated the part we had to play him. I know he's extremely popular but I still despise him.
---
My Pokemon Y A-Team- Greninja, Talonflame, Blastoise, Tyrantrum, Raichu, Yveltal
#45fffezPosted 11/22/2013 12:45:40 PM
kaidan, cortez, jacob

all wastes of sperm
---
uhhh
#46DethuliPosted 11/22/2013 2:18:35 PM
Private Jenkins. He always dies on me.
---
Got a minute? You might learn something.
#47SpankyMagooPosted 11/23/2013 1:31:10 AM
Tali, useful in explaining quarians in me1, Otherwise useless in combat and most annoying squaddie of the series.

Honorable mention to Vega, terrible substitute for a krogan really hated him for that.
---
"People who are offended by hypothetical situations can hypothetically **** themselves"
#48XxproknifaxXPosted 11/23/2013 1:47:31 AM
fffez posted...
kaidan, cortez, jacob

all wastes of sperm

Everyone report this guy for 'offensive'.
---
Best ME3/Ghosts gamer
#49Carribean_CoolPosted 11/23/2013 4:06:20 PM
LiquidFuze180 posted...
Mr_arizona posted...
BiggyDX posted...
Carribean_Cool posted...
I used Jacob so many times on insanity and he's really good.

Someone actually gave the brotha some props :,)

I feel the hate is mostly over the top (Unless you brought his romance into ME3) as his problem is he sorta fell behind in awesomeness to all the half dressed women, assassins, and general badasses of ME2. Plus his story is former Alliance guy wanting to do good stuff. Not really Asari warrior, Krogan anomaly, or Geth wearing Shepards armor.

But that's his whole point, just like Kaidan. He's the stabilizing member of the group, the calm one that serves as a bit of a foil to the rest of the characters.

Most of the characters in ME2 are over-the-top something. I love Zaeed, but I'll be arsed if I haven't been fed that hyper-masculine **** in every other video game I've played. Mordin with his eccentric obsession with the scientific method, Miranda who's just...gosh, a bad character she deserves to win worst character. Jack as well except her personal mission really adds to her character and aids her growth in ME3 whereas Miranda is left just sort of...blank.

Jacob is just the guy you can rely on. He's like Joe from Digimon. Not many people are going to remember him for being awesome or cool, but he ran a tight shift and often mediated between Tai and Matt.

His actions towards FemShep are inexcusable however.

So stupid what they did with Jacob in ME3. It's bad enough Femshep barely has any romances to begin with when compared to Maleshep, and it totally goes against his character too.

Also, I wish they gave Jacob his galaxy armor in ME2 via DLC, or any armor. Jacob is more like the middle ground well rounded character. If he could have wielded an AR, he would have be perfect. Makes no sense since he had one in Galaxy, hell he had tech skills in Galaxy too.

But you could tell they designed him as a tank/defensive type. He has the highest health second to Grunt, plus Barrier to absorb even more damage, complete with a Shotgun. Plus when he's paired with Miranda, both of them wreck everything. I think of Miranda as Jacob's opposite, where she's more of an offensive character with her Slam, Warp, and Overload powers, which goes good with Jacob's defense character.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#50JosieJPosted 11/26/2013 10:15:40 AM
Morinth. It never made any sense to me why she'd stick around with Shep and the group rather than blowing them off at first opportunity: she probably couldn't have cared less about the mission. As someone already pointed out, her only purpose seems to have been to confer the Dominate bonus power. Story-wise, she's a wasted character: every other ME2 squadmate got to come back for at least a side-mission in ME3, even Thane, but she's got only the tiniest of cameos. (Although no one seems to have cared, so I don't imagine she had a huge fan club.)