Vorcha Sentinel vs Vorcha Soldier

#1XxproknifaxXPosted 11/23/2013 1:58:34 AM
Who do you guys think is better? I know this has been done to death but after a while I think the Vorcha Soldier trumps over his companion.

The Vorcha Sentinel is still a great character, but Carnage is a never-ending primer/detonater unlike Clusters, which have a limited capacity.

Problem is with the Sentinel, He loses points in fitness for his powers, and even though fitness isn't much, when you have no cyclonic, it still sort of matters.

The Vorcha Soldier is also a better incendiary-glitcher, having access to 2 fire powers.
---
Best ME3/Ghosts gamer
#2fpsfreak23Posted 11/23/2013 2:06:24 AM
k
---
"I'm Torgue, and I am here to ask you one question, and one question only: EXPLOSIONS?"
GT: Scatman Wenis
#3XxproknifaxX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 2:14:02 AM
fpsfreak23 posted...
k

Vorcha Sentinel or Soldier, not a hard thing to answer.
---
Best ME3/Ghosts gamer
#4TheLast0neAlivePosted 11/23/2013 2:32:27 AM
Vorcha Engineer cause Flamer is the most annoying power in the game.
---
Honestly, I think I'd rather stick my dick in a blender. - Raylan Givens.
#5fpsfreak23Posted 11/23/2013 2:32:52 AM
XxproknifaxX posted...
fpsfreak23 posted...
k

Answer: Destroyer Adas/Striker TGI Master-race.
---
"I'm Torgue, and I am here to ask you one question, and one question only: EXPLOSIONS?"
GT: Scatman Wenis
#6XxproknifaxX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 2:35:11 AM
fpsfreak23 posted...
XxproknifaxX posted...
fpsfreak23 posted...
k

Answer: Destroyer Adas/Striker TGI Master-race.

Not funny.
---
Best ME3/Ghosts gamer
#7TemplariShadowPosted 11/23/2013 3:05:13 AM
Well, as we all know fire + fire = isn't good synergy. It's not synergy at all! It's just heavy layering in.

But! Grenades and Fire! Champion stuff that is. Then it's Cluster Grenades, so much the better to create Clusters of Fire all around. I agree.
#8NefhithPosted 11/23/2013 4:13:20 AM
Hey knifa, my signature is made in your honor! Could you please give me your autograph?
---
http://i.imgur.com/U9peW1Y.png -XxproknifaxX
PS3's krogan warlord queen of the kit contest
#9Havoc49JPosted 11/23/2013 4:53:57 AM(edited)
XxproknifaxX posted...
Who do you guys think is better? I know this has been done to death but after a while I think the Vorcha Soldier trumps over his companion.

The Vorcha Sentinel is still a great character, but Carnage is a never-ending primer/detonater unlike Clusters, which have a limited capacity.

Clusters do substantially more damage while also giving you the ability to stagger a large number of targets, an often undervalued ability. In addition, they detonate biotic explosions, an option the soldier doesn't have. Cluster Grenades potentially detonate multiple explosions with a single use if thrown correctly. Cluster Grenades detonate explosions much fast than Carnage can.

If specc'd correctly you'll have 9 grenades to go with your 6 Thermal Clip packs. That's 63 grenades before you even hit a single ammo box. This is more than sufficient assuming not every single player is a grenade class.

Problem is with the Sentinel, He loses points in fitness for his powers, and even though fitness isn't much, when you have no cyclonic, it still sort of matters.

Cyclonics are completely useless on the Vorcha due to their base 250 shields. Shield gates have the same cooldown, always, so recharge rate via power cells is also useless. The difference between 3 in fitness and 6 in fitness is 337.5 health, completely negligible.

But, if the soldier is also detonating explosions via Carnage then he's losing out on fitness due to other powers, exactly like the sentinel. What was the point of this section?

The Vorcha Soldier is also a better incendiary-glitcher, having access to 2 fire powers.

Carnage doesn't interact with Incendiary ammo. This is incorrect.

I'm not trying to feed the troll, but if we don't correct his errors then some poor new player may actually believe him.
#10TheHefHugsPosted 11/23/2013 5:45:47 AM
Havoc nailed it the Vorcha Sentinel is better in every way; I consider the Vorcha Solider to be the most redundant class in the game. He's still good but the Sentinel is just flat out better.
---
GT: MahZeeeeeee (7es)