Vorcha Sentinel vs Vorcha Soldier

#11YamatoBeatsPosted 11/23/2013 7:05:11 AM
I came to find out late in my playing time that the Vorcha Sentinel was easily a top 10 class and not even because of Flamer.

Can't say the same for the Soldier.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#12Teh_ApotheosisPosted 11/23/2013 8:15:37 AM
Havoc and mahzee nailed it. The vorcha soldier is completely trivialized by the sentinel. Now if there was some sort of bonus power evo with flamer so that he could carnage quicker, I would at least use him for fun but he would still be inferior to the sentinel.
#13SKA_Posted 11/23/2013 1:10:30 PM
and both wish they were the geth soldier.

but of the two, i go with soldier because I tend to avoid grenade classes when other people in the lobby also use grenades, which is 99.99999999% of lobbies.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#14Spider5800Posted 11/23/2013 1:11:16 PM
Carnage's cooldown really screws up your ability to chain fire explosion. Not a problem for the Sentinel, whose grenades have no cooldown.

Soldier is OK if you skip Carnage and focus on making him a weapons platform with flamer. For power combos, the Sentinel is just better. Slap some grenade gear on him and go nuts.
---
The big brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving Earth for no raisin!
#158bitPunkPosted 11/23/2013 1:32:47 PM
Another weakness of the Vorcha Soldier is that if you want to detonate your own Fire Explosions, set up by Flamer, you have to cut off your flamer early. Otherwise, by the time your powers are recharged the Fire Explosion window is lost.

Carnage is a fun power, but a bit underwhelming IMO.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
Need a new Emoticon? Why not Zoidberg? (V) (;,,;) (V)
#16NefhithPosted 11/23/2013 1:39:31 PM
Spider5800 posted...
Carnage's cooldown really screws up your ability to chain fire explosion. Not a problem for the Sentinel, whose grenades have no cooldown.

Soldier is OK if you skip Carnage and focus on making him a weapons platform with flamer. For power combos, the Sentinel is just better. Slap some grenade gear on him and go nuts.

A fast double tap on flamer and immediately using carnage works really well. Even more if you chain it with a flaming reegar.

I think it also fire glitches (I mean flamer+carnage, I had times where it did some "excessive" damage).
---
http://i.imgur.com/U9peW1Y.png -XxproknifaxX
PS3's krogan warlord queen of the kit contest
#17code_kirinPosted 11/23/2013 2:20:02 PM
Double tap fire explosions just aren't too great. You could end up doing more damage with flamer alone in the long run. Sentinel just has by far the better synergy of the two.

While I could understand not using him for grenade concerns, trooper does that infinitely better. At least the sentinel can put out better burst damage than the trooper. Soldier has nothing.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 1134-7624-5851
#18NafzgerPosted 11/23/2013 3:08:06 PM
If you aren't meleeing with the vorcha, you're doing it wrong.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#19YamatoBeatsPosted 11/23/2013 3:42:26 PM
SKA_ posted...

but of the two, i go with soldier because I tend to avoid grenade classes when other people in the lobby also use grenades, which is 99.99999999% of lobbies.

The Geth Soldier wishes he was the Vorcha Sentinel.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."
#20NafzgerPosted 11/23/2013 3:45:23 PM
YamatoBeats posted...
SKA_ posted...

The Geth Soldier wishes he was the Vorcha Sentinel.

Why would anyone want to press two buttons when they can just press one button? This is America.
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher