I've played over a hundred gold games...but no platinum. Help?

#1JCvgluvrPosted 11/25/2013 5:41:12 PM
Would anyone like to show me what a successful platinum match looks like, firsthand?

I love this game, love the multiplayer, and I have quite a lot of experience in it. But I never bothered to try platinum in randoms. That seemed suicidal, to me. I read that there's much better luck in platinum with a party of 4 who actually knows what they're doing. I'd enjoy setting that up at least a couple of times before I no longer enjoy the multiplayer. (I'm starting to get tired of it.)

My gamertag is the same as my username, on the left. The first chance I see myself getting an open time would be on this wednesday, between 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm (central time). If any pros are interested, send a friend request my way.

Yes, I have a mic. And almost every kit, and every rare at X.
---
This is the best game ever made with Mario, Halo, Sonic, Megaman, Kirby, Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy, and Duke Nukem: http://www.youtube.com/user/MKFusionTeam
#2zhobanPosted 11/25/2013 8:50:27 PM
JCvgluvr posted...
Would anyone like to show me what a successful platinum match looks like, firsthand?

I love this game, love the multiplayer, and I have quite a lot of experience in it. But I never bothered to try platinum in randoms. That seemed suicidal, to me. I read that there's much better luck in platinum with a party of 4 who actually knows what they're doing. I'd enjoy setting that up at least a couple of times before I no longer enjoy the multiplayer. (I'm starting to get tired of it.)

My gamertag is the same as my username, on the left. The first chance I see myself getting an open time would be on this wednesday, between 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm (central time). If any pros are interested, send a friend request my way.

Yes, I have a mic. And almost every kit, and every rare at X.

Talk to Panda. I could help but I'd rather do a Platinum speed run if I'm going to be playing Platinum. I can't stand the difficulty otherwise.
---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)
#3GoldenSWarriorsPosted 11/25/2013 9:33:23 PM
Ima be gone from Wednesday to Sunday but any other time I'd be happy to do some plats with you
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif
#4TemplariShadowPosted 11/25/2013 9:45:11 PM
I'll be honest, after enough objective or ass-up waves even while speed running, it occurred to me that Plat in general probably doesn't scare me as much as it used to. Kinda like the Gold hump way back when. Speed running actually teases one into Plat pretty well.
#5zhobanPosted 11/25/2013 9:49:22 PM
TemplariShadow posted...
I'll be honest, after enough objective or ass-up waves even while speed running, it occurred to me that Plat in general probably doesn't scare me as much as it used to. Kinda like the Gold hump way back when. Speed running actually teases one into Plat pretty well.

I think speed running really is a good way of learning how enemies work in Platinum. I'm not scared of Platinum, I just don't find it fun. I like to compare it to UVHM in BL2, except when I'm playing Krieg I actually have a lot of fun in UVHM but that's beside the point. UVHM and Platinum are a lot alike in the way that, in both difficulties you can no longer have bad builds anymore. You need to utilize the best builds. Granted, there are still challenges for both but to me that's the majority of it for both difficulties.
---
#6Dubious_HijinksPosted 11/25/2013 10:02:35 PM
Hit me up. GT in the sig.
---
GT: Dubious Hijinks
I like to burn all the things.
#7XxproknifaxXPosted 11/26/2013 3:35:16 AM
Don't be a idiot, Use farming strategies, use good equipment.
---
Best ME3/Ghosts gamer
#8zhobanPosted 11/26/2013 4:32:01 AM
XxproknifaxX posted...
Don't be a idiot, Use farming strategies, use good equipment.

Don't you go away? Like, ever? And do you ALWAYS have to post the worst advice? My god, not even CaptainDerp was annoying as you and that's saying something. Farming strategies are ******* boring and if you ACTUALLY knew how to play the game you would know that. I only suggested speed running because I don't enjoy playing on Platinum but there are actually quite a few people here who can play it while NOT farming/camping. I can usually deal with people when I'm drunk but you still ******* annoy me when I am.
---
#9Superfluou5Posted 11/26/2013 6:03:31 AM
I can help if you don't mind a micless player. We can go the easy route or uup what ever is fine with me. Send me a message over live if you want.
---
Gt: Beilum
http://www.youtube.com/user/SemperParatu5/videos
#10zhobanPosted 11/26/2013 6:05:45 AM
Superfluou5 posted...
I can help if you don't mind a micless player. We can go the easy route or uup what ever is fine with me. Send me a message over live if you want.

God****** Jank, stop with the lies. Either way it would be an easy route when you are playing the GI. Also, I forgot to ask, how do you make your Asari Vanguard not suck?
---