Blech, cryo blast.

#31fpsfreak23Posted 12/10/2013 8:11:33 PM
This topic went an interesting direction... *grabs popcorn*
---
"I'm Torgue, and I am here to ask you one question, and one question only: EXPLOSIONS?"
GT: Scatman Wenis
#32sheepman23Posted 12/10/2013 8:29:45 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...
Cryo blast IS blech and deserves a buff...which we will hopefully see if it makes a return in me4

It does need a strong buff (primes for cryo explosions regardless of defenses, longer duration), but I think that you're making it out to be a lot worse than it actually is. A 25% debuff is very strong. The power's other features are kind of meh, but that x1.25 damage multiplier to bosses is not going to go unnoticed.
---
GT - Sheepman2342
#33Rophlecktuine(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 1:07:05 AM
sheepman23 posted...
Rophlecktuine posted...
Cryo blast IS blech and deserves a buff...which we will hopefully see if it makes a return in me4

It does need a strong buff (primes for cryo explosions regardless of defenses, longer duration), but I think that you're making it out to be a lot worse than it actually is. A 25% debuff is very strong. The power's other features are kind of meh, but that x1.25 damage multiplier to bosses is not going to go unnoticed.

My op was just that iw as having trouble making a viable build that centered only on cryo blast. I thought perhaps someone would have an interesting idea about what can be done. Last few things ive tried are the piranha and the crusader.

They just need to change cryo blast, i try to imagine what a perfect cryo blast kit would be like, avoiding redundency, and basically all its good for is a weapon damage boost, but there are already great builds for that, like the gi, edi, and si. Utility wise it will freeze a few enemies that are already not that big a deal, and leave plenty of deadly ones hardly changed. God it just needs a buff or change so bad, it should be able to freeze any shieldless armored target, and bam, the only other power capable of that is sabotage, and to a lesser degree, pets. It would instanly be awesome, and the freeze effect can haved diminishing returns.
---
Checkout my platinum build demonstrations: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
Gamertag: Dorick, Youtube: TheGameconomist
#34NefhithPosted 12/11/2013 1:11:07 AM
Rophlecktuine posted...
Nefhith posted...
Whatever. You're just being a knifa/mirin/derp.

Sure, the ~30(+) platinum demonstration vids, my platinum solo vids, and my giant arguments over a wide number of subjects are all just something I conjured up so I could troll you about cryo blast.

I'm giving you valid points and you just say the same you did before but changing some words to make it valid again and make it fall into a loop to keep the discussion up. I don't see any point in trying to tell you the good things if you're just going to keep saying it sucks no matter what. It's like arguing with a christian.
---
http://i.imgur.com/U9peW1Y.png -XxproknifaxX
PS3's krogan warlord queen of the kit contest
#35Rophlecktuine(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 5:59:53 PM
Nefhith posted...
Rophlecktuine posted...
Nefhith posted...
Whatever. You're just being a knifa/mirin/derp.

Sure, the ~30(+) platinum demonstration vids, my platinum solo vids, and my giant arguments over a wide number of subjects are all just something I conjured up so I could troll you about cryo blast.

I'm giving you valid points and you just say the same you did before but changing some words to make it valid again and make it fall into a loop to keep the discussion up. I don't see any point in trying to tell you the good things if you're just going to keep saying it sucks no matter what. It's like arguing with a christian.

The reason the argument sounds like it is on a loop is because it is on a loop, there are only a few points to argue over.

Im actually an atheist in college for computer science. Disagreeing based on the evidence and disagreeing based on something people told you to believe is different. Cryo blast is an objectively weak power for several overly debated issues, and needed a buff before they stopped supporting the game. Im done testing w the default infiltrator, he will continue to be the weaker version of the edi bot, trading cryo blast for snap freeze, cloak sniper buff for cloak shotty buff, and stickies rather than repair matrix. I couldnt find something both unique and optimal for him to do, even if there's nothing wrong w the claymore build.

To put a 25% buff into perspective, consider you need to shoot four of the same bullet to equal a full extra 100% damage. Now consider how many shots it takes to kill various opponents. Its not a huge difference is it? You'd need to shoot the claymore four times to equal one free claymore shot on a target. Most targets die in two shots, you might have to take 1-2 less shots at a boss if u can keep them tagged, woooo, incredible. Unless they significantly raise the power of the cryo debuff to something like what you get with cloak, or raise the utility of cryo blast to something you get with a move like snap freeze, or hell, even just letting you freeze phantoms, until then, justifying a full spec into cryo blast bc it is "spammable" and "the largest debuff" is not optimal. You get a much larger boost in damage from cloak, and as well as marksman, which will give you an immediate 100% boost due to a free reload, and adrenaline rush, im sure there are more examples too, these are off the top of my head. We dont call those "debuffs" but it doesnt matter in the end, its really all about damage.

Weapons like the claymore and harrier were already good, they didnt need cryo blast to make them better, what makes cryo blast builds seem good on these other kits has more to do with cloak and stim grenades, two overpowered moves and two overpowered weapons. Try skipping stims and skipping cloak and re-test cryo blast on its own. Then try it without those powers and without those weapons. And i see it this way because when i do testing, i test a wide range of weapons, and will set up kits to have a single power at a time. Cloak>claymore is good all by itself. Replace cryo blast with prox mine and energy drain and you have an instantly better kit, replace it with most moves and you have a better kit.
---
Checkout my platinum build demonstrations: http://www.youtube.com/user/thegameconomist
#36NafzgerPosted 12/11/2013 6:35:47 PM
Is Sabotage better than Cryo Blast?
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
http://www.last.fm/user/Rainbow_Smasher
#37sheepman23Posted 12/11/2013 6:54:34 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...
They just need to change cryo blast, i try to imagine what a perfect cryo blast kit would be like, avoiding redundency, and basically all its good for is a weapon damage boost, but there are already great builds for that, like the gi, edi, and si. Utility wise it will freeze a few enemies that are already not that big a deal, and leave plenty of deadly ones hardly changed. God it just needs a buff or change so bad, it should be able to freeze any shieldless armored target, and bam, the only other power capable of that is sabotage, and to a lesser degree, pets. It would instanly be awesome, and the freeze effect can haved diminishing returns.

I couldn't agree more.

As for your questions on a build that uses it... I honestly think that you're missing out by not having it on the QFE, but that's just me. The Adas build is pretty good, but if you were to use a more powerful weapon on her, Cryo Blast would heavily strengthen her weapon damage on bosses. That, and I just don't think that Sentry Turret is really worth six points.
---
GT - Sheepman2342
#38SKA_Posted 12/11/2013 7:06:00 PM(edited)
cryo blast is underwhelming, sure it is not bad, but it is not all that good either.

cryo blast would be good if it primed like snap freeze, as it stands, it is just good for weapon platforms.

even a fixed incinerate doesn't make a caster FQE "viable" on plat.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#39Rophlecktuine(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 8:50:35 PM
Nafzger posted...
Is Sabotage better than Cryo Blast?

Its hard to say, about 2 days ago i was playing with DanDCD and he outscored me using the turian engineer. His basic strategy was to use sabotage with the arc pistol. Unsurprisingly, he quickly finished the 20 headshots. By the end of the match i trailed him i think by a good 20k, and the next player trailed me by about another 30k. He also got grabbed during a wave.

It would be a case of utility vs debuff. We were fighting collectors and i was using geth engineer with the spitfire. My basic strategyw as to kill bosses, his strategy was to kill mooks.

Would he have done a better job with cryo blast rather than sabotage?

I doubt it. Sabotage cant be dodged and gives you a stun. It also has no trave time, making it better for distance kills. You also fight a fair number of geth during collectors, including bombers, which wouldve dodged cryo blast.

Perhaps your question should be is female fqi better than default di? I think she is.
---
#40kushiel42Posted 12/11/2013 8:53:23 PM
Rophlecktuine posted...
another thing Im trying to figure out is a new use for cryo ammo but for the life of me I cant think of any really great reason to use it

Not a great reason, but an okay one:

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#22!1801545!!34O51324!.DFEG

(add backup weapon to taste if you find that you can't get it done with just the Falcon)

Rophlecktuine posted...
My op was just that iw as having trouble making a viable build that centered only on cryo blast.

Not every power is meant to be the foundation of a kit's functionality. Accept that and move on, I guess?
---
People who don't punch their ponies make me sick.