Save editors question

#1LordTrinenPosted 12/10/2013 8:28:02 PM
I've used the save editors on ME2 and ME3 in the past only to increase my money supply so I'm not hunting for every last credit during a mission. Right now I'm interested in details about using the save editor to change your Paragon/Renegade levels.

Say you use an editor to completely max out your bars. How will this impact Charm/Intimidate dialogue options? Will it cause any glitches? I'm particularly interested in how this works in ME2. I hate how the morality system works in that game and would love to have full access to all Charm/Intimidate options, if possible.
#2pfh1001Posted 12/10/2013 11:20:17 PM
I've never used the ME2 one, but I assume you have to input a numerical value to boost the P/R points. Just put in a large number on either/both & you'll be fine. If you want to see everything, put both up really high. You will probably need to use the med-bay upgrade to fix your face though.
#3NefhithPosted 12/11/2013 1:20:56 AM
Search in the se7ensins forums. You could probably get some aditional and more useful information there.

Search for hex editors as you can modify the gamesave on a lower level.
---
http://i.imgur.com/U9peW1Y.png -XxproknifaxX
PS3's krogan warlord queen of the kit contest
#4roo10158Posted 12/11/2013 6:21:42 AM(edited)
I used Gibbed in ME2 and 3 plenty of times.

Yes, you can change the bars. Never again will I planet scan in Mass Effect 2 (unless playing on the ps3 copy I have where I have no access to gibbed) :P

Also, you can edit your paragon/renegade stats so you can max out box and enjoy all the dialogue options without work. Plus, you can access things not available, such as the N7 defender armor in me3 if you didn't preorder the game, bring characters like Legion and Samara to missions like Jack's or Mordin's recruitment missions, see the true paragon result with Conrad Verner in 2 (since there is a me2 glitch that counts the paragon route with him in 1 as the neutral "pointing the gun at his face" route), etc.

To answer your question, yes it is safe to change paragon/renegade points. I always made sure I didn't type in a number higher than the max just to be safe (let's say the max is 900, then I'd type in 900 in the paragon box and 900 in the renegade box)

The ONLY thing I know is not a good idea changing is the number of talent points you have. I tried it in me3 so that I could get that last upgrade when I hit level 60, and the only thing that happened was the complete resetting of my talent points (went to 0)
---
Will preorder- Mass Effect 4 Collector's Edition
Top 5 franchises- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon
#5LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 4:08:44 PM
roo10158 posted...
I used Gibbed in ME2 and 3 plenty of times.

Yes, you can change the bars. Never again will I planet scan in Mass Effect 2 (unless playing on the ps3 copy I have where I have no access to gibbed) :P

Also, you can edit your paragon/renegade stats so you can max out box and enjoy all the dialogue options without work. Plus, you can access things not available, such as the N7 defender armor in me3 if you didn't preorder the game, bring characters like Legion and Samara to missions like Jack's or Mordin's recruitment missions, see the true paragon result with Conrad Verner in 2 (since there is a me2 glitch that counts the paragon route with him in 1 as the neutral "pointing the gun at his face" route), etc.

To answer your question, yes it is safe to change paragon/renegade points. I always made sure I didn't type in a number higher than the max just to be safe (let's say the max is 900, then I'd type in 900 in the paragon box and 900 in the renegade box)

The ONLY thing I know is not a good idea changing is the number of talent points you have. I tried it in me3 so that I could get that last upgrade when I hit level 60, and the only thing that happened was the complete resetting of my talent points (went to 0)

Thank you very much for that detailed explanation.

When I'm playing through just for fun I love to mix and max Charm/Intimidate dialogue options. Some just fit situations better than others. For example, during Tali's loyalty mission in ME2 there are three Charm/Intimidate opportunities during Tali's trial. When playing for I usually go Paragade. I have enough Paragon and Renegade points to have free access to the first two Charm/Intimidate opportunities but my Renegade bar is always too low to gain access to the third Intimidate option. That's a shame because it's my favorite way to end that mission.

So the max Paragon/Renegade scores are 900 apiece?
#6roo10158Posted 12/11/2013 6:29:53 PM
Actually, it works on percentages in me2, so a max is hard to find. But i remember putting 900 in both fields and while it counted as a neutral playthrough (since both having 900 points meant I was at 50% paragon, 50% renegade), both bars were filled up [though you could still get points during the game, meaning 900 is not the max], thus letting you pick any paragon or renegade dialogue option.
---
Will preorder- Mass Effect 4 Collector's Edition
Top 5 franchises- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon
#7TemplariShadowPosted 12/11/2013 6:52:59 PM
Doesn't the ME2 calculator work out as some percentage of the total possibly accumulated points compared against your actual accumulated Paragon/Renegade score to determine success/fail? So if you split the difference for receiving Paragon/Renegade points in ME2 you could screw yourself out of the more stringent requirements since you don't have enough of one or the other to pass a check?
#8pfh1001Posted 12/11/2013 10:53:45 PM
There are more than 1000 points available to both P & R, maybe even twice that many. I know it can go into 4 digits, so just go up to 9999 in both & you won't have any problems.

As for ME2, the amount of points needed was based off the % of points possible up to that point-- however, if you exploits to boost yourself, either in game of via gibbed, or just got a boost from importing from ME1, those points do not count to the total available. I have seen all dialogue options in a normal play through just by carefully picking P/R options through the story.