Sucks how lackluster the normal decisions are. *spoilers*

#1JamesOwnzMazPosted 12/11/2013 4:06:55 AM
Was just doing the reaper base mission.. this is my second playthrough.

I decided to let Legion upload the code but then at last second killed him (lol 180 in 3 seconds shepard) and it was just like... oomp.

Legion dying was kind of sad (but he does either way right.. he did last time.. but both races survived)

In the end though.. do any of the choices really change any of the games at all in any decent sized way?

I mean I killed the Heritics in ME2... in this playthrough.. literally no chance from what I can tell.

Killed the council in one playthrough.. they just had a new council (wasn't there something about being a whole Human council? I dont remember those guys showing up)
---
I Am The Architect
#2roo10158Posted 12/11/2013 6:09:51 AM
That's more to do with budget and time constraints. Having lots of choices that lend to completely different scenarios would mean the developers would have to make a hundred different games worth of material in one game. That would mean a VERY long development time and a VERY expensive game.

It would be nice for choices to matter in bigger ways, but with time and budgets, this is probably the best they can do
---
Will preorder- Mass Effect 4 Collector's Edition
Top 5 franchises- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon
#3Carribean_CoolPosted 12/11/2013 7:06:49 AM
A shame ME3 turned out the way it did. Would have been the best in the series had it been what the devs originally wanted it to be.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#4roo10158Posted 12/11/2013 12:04:39 PM
Scary part is, the game was also delayed 4 months. Imagine how unfinished it would be if they released in December 2011 like ea originallly wanted.

I'm just glad that despite being the weakest and most rushed of the trilogy, I think it is a solid game. Unlike da2
---
#5blutoblutarskyXPosted 12/11/2013 2:42:26 PM
roo10158 posted...
That's more to do with budget and time constraints. Having lots of choices that lend to completely different scenarios would mean the developers would have to make a hundred different games worth of material in one game. That would mean a VERY long development time and a VERY expensive game.

It would be nice for choices to matter in bigger ways, but with time and budgets, this is probably the best they can do

fallout new vegas seemed to handle things pretty well, granted it didnt' have 3 games of content but how much did they really roll into 3 in a major way?

the me development team seemed to just figure the cheapest easiest way to roll everything over to a numerical calculation rathr than branching questlines or even cut off quests if you didn't do A or you did do B. they added a smidgen not a lot. mostly they simply reduced all your choices to numbers rather than more tangible in game consequences.
#6JamesOwnzMaz(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2013 2:56:55 PM
What did they originally want?

I do remember hearing that the Battle of London was going to be alot bigger.. pretty much another Suicide mission where people actually die (though Garus and Liara died on my playthrough against Harbinger... no idea how they appeared on the Normany 3 minutes later.)
---
I Am The Architect
#7roo10158Posted 12/11/2013 3:07:34 PM(edited)
I can't point to any articles, but I've heard:

1. That TIM was going to transform into a final boss, like Saren did when he became that thing without the bottom jaw. But they dropped it because they felt it was too "video-gamey"

2. London was going to actually use the War Room in the Normandy to plan the battle (you were to make the decisions)

3. The VS was going to be killed off depending on something (I think they were going to have Kai Lang do it)

4. Omega's DLC was going to be included in-game

5. Zaeed was going to be working with Cerberus

6. I guarantee you that everything they claimed in interviews was things they were going to make but cut (there wouldn't be an ABC ending, for example)

7. I guarantee you they planned to have the Journal include checklists like ME1 and 2 did

etc

Actually, I did find one link, but it isn't anything official (it is a forum thread):
http://www.holdtheline.com/threads/cut-content-of-mass-effect-3.177/
---
#8MurphysGhostPosted 12/11/2013 3:35:55 PM
blutoblutarskyX posted...

fallout new vegas seemed to handle things pretty well,

If being almost unplayably glitchy for a lot of players is handling things 'well', sure.

I do really love the writing team at Obsidian- KotOR 2 is one of my favorite RPGS- but their games tend to be a real mess in the technical department and the level of branching they aspire to probably has a lot to do with it.

As for decisions, it's enough for me that you can do the things you're able to do. Condemning or saving entire races is a pretty big deal. Saying that none of it matters in the end is like saying there's no difference in whether or not you murder 10 people tonight if you're going to die next week. I would very much disagree with that. ;)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#9AnonymousFriendPosted 12/11/2013 4:00:35 PM
People try to put the blame on EA, but Bioware just is bad at planning. Plenty of devs are asked "How long?" And are given that amount of time. Bioware askedx for more and was given more and this is what we got. In two years we went from Mass Effect to Mass Effect 2.
---
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend