Is a gold solo ever easy?

#11Teh_ApotheosisPosted 12/12/2013 6:00:44 PM
TimeShinigami posted...
Dethuli posted...
TimeShinigami posted...
Yes.

My first was 33 mins against Cerberus on Giant with a Pihrana GI.

Also, Dark Souls is overhyped by kiddies who don't recall the classic era of gaming. Yeah, its real hard. Oh, wait, you have save points? Oh, well, then...

Ghosts N' Goblins was Dark Souls before Demon Souls was even a thing.

OMG thank you for the reference! I was going to mention it myself, but was afraid nobody would have any idea what i was talking about.

If someone here doesn't know Ghosts N' Goblins then they should be ashamed of themselves.
#12midsizelebowskiPosted 12/12/2013 6:16:07 PM
There's a big difference between hard and unforgiving. Demon's and Dark Souls aren't hard games at all, they're just unforgiving because you often have to replay big chunks after you die (losing XP in those games also frustrates people, but it's really easy to get back, especially if you PVP).

Hard would be the "very hard" modes of action games like Ninja Gaiden, God of War, Devil May Cry, etc. or shooters like Halo (at least legendary was really hard for me, some people are just good at shooters and don't think it's that bad). In hard games/modes there's always 1 or 2 sections that you have to try over and over again to clear, I remember having to do the "protect the translator" section of god of war 2 titan like 30 times. To get through rough sections like that you have to use a very specific strategy absolutely flawlessly or you die. There's nothing even close to that in Dark Souls, or in solos for this game. You do lose more time when you die though.

Gold solos with something like krogan vanguard vs geth are easy, easier than dark souls. With less powerful kits I'd say gold solos are harder and require more concentration than dark souls.
#13iamdanthamanPosted 12/12/2013 9:46:36 PM
Teh_Apotheosis posted...
TimeShinigami posted...
Dethuli posted...
TimeShinigami posted...
Yes.

Also, Dark Souls is overhyped by kiddies who don't recall the classic era of gaming. Yeah, its real hard. Oh, wait, you have save points? Oh, well, then...

OMG thank you for the reference! I was going to mention it myself, but was afraid nobody would have any idea what i was talking about.

If someone here doesn't know Ghosts N' Goblins then they should be ashamed of themselves.

Ghosts and goblins is one of the first games I remember playing on commodore 64. Mostly because of how stupid hard it was. We would always be so excited when we got to the third level, but we would always die very quickly at that point.
---
All your base are belong to us
#14XxproknifaxXPosted 12/13/2013 12:24:49 AM
Warlord Geth is pretty easy if you know what you're doing.
---
Best ME3/Ghosts gamer
#15pointer9378Posted 12/13/2013 12:44:13 AM
Teh_Apotheosis posted...
TimeShinigami posted...
Dethuli posted...
TimeShinigami posted...
Yes.

What's Ghosts N' Goblins?
---
The ME3 board's friendly neighborhood Honduran.
#16RazielExcaliburPosted 12/13/2013 12:52:57 AM
I got Dark Souls about 2 weeks ago part Cyber Monday on Xbox live for $5. I am enjoying the game. It is tough but fun at the sametime.