Hurrdurricane w/o stab mods

#1DethuliPosted 1/8/2014 1:33:38 PM
Just trying to get a sense of how others use this gun. I have trouble controlling the recoil so I usually burst-fire, but the bullet hose seems more effective with sustained fire. So, do you hold the trigger or pump it?
---
Got a minute? You might learn something.
#2code_kirinPosted 1/8/2014 1:41:02 PM
I'm not the biggest advocate of the Hurrdicane, but you can learn to handle the recoil by hipfiring it at mid-short range and aiming for center of mass to the chest area. I'll only aim for the head at vanguard distances. Learning how to control it is best with the GI due to his accuracy bonuses

The spread does get tighter if you ADS, but you won't be able to full auto it without stab mods. In this case pulse fire as needed to control the recoil.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 1134-7624-5851
#3YandizbarPosted 1/8/2014 1:41:43 PM
Try using it with a turian to get the passive stability bonus to get a feel for it. I only use it for close combat and normally tap the trigger. I hold it full auto on a boss enemy or something else large.
#4Mr_arizonaPosted 1/8/2014 1:49:00 PM
Aim for the crotch then fire while holding the left stick down. It'll climb and stop about where the head is. Gets some taking used to but great when you want to use the ammo capacity and damage mods.
---
http://i.imgur.com/HLzCM.gif
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9286/tennisskirtblow.gif
#5cdohanPosted 1/8/2014 1:52:18 PM
code_kirin posted...
The spread does get tighter if you ADS, but you won't be able to full auto it without stab mods. In this case pulse fire as needed to control the recoil.

I would say this is false, it just depends on how comfortable you are with the recoil. The only way you are going to get better with running the hurricane without stability is to run it without stability. I hated it at first, now I can control it while ads-ing at full auto pretty much wherever. The problem at range isn't so much stability as it is accuracy. It doesn't matter if you keep your reticle directly on target if none of the bullets hit where the reticle is (which only happens at long range).
---
GT-CrashUrStox ||| Hit me up for some ME3 gold or plat, always down for some games.
#6Grayfoxr6Posted 1/8/2014 1:55:47 PM
i generally use it on characters that are up close like the Fury. dont have to worry about a stab mod when im in their face... just let er rip.
---
XBL and PSN: Feralchicken01
Do you feel enjoy?? Sorry for disturb
#7terrysmay04Posted 1/8/2014 2:28:49 PM
I am a huge advocate of the hurricane, but if your using it without stability passives or mods your going to have to do two things.

1. Accept that your not going to great damage at range, there is really no way to increase the accuracy much more than pulling the stick down. you can hip fire which makes the recoil more manageable, but that increases the spread and doesn't help much when firing down range.

2. Put yourself in a position where you don't have to fight enemies at long range. If your missing shots at range, which you will, it means your going to be taking more damage from enemies who are not yet dead. Sometimes you will just have to be patient and wait for enemies to walk into your effective range.
---
I hate so many things about what you choose to be.
#8TimeShinigamiPosted 1/8/2014 2:53:39 PM
I only use it on the Paladin, Geth Engineer, and Turian Sentinal at this point, all of whom I just hold down the trigger with and fire from the hip.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#9code_kirinPosted 1/8/2014 4:16:26 PM
cdohan posted...
code_kirin posted...

I would say this is false, it just depends on how comfortable you are with the recoil. The only way you are going to get better with running the hurricane without stability is to run it without stability. I hated it at first, now I can control it while ads-ing at full auto pretty much wherever. The problem at range isn't so much stability as it is accuracy. It doesn't matter if you keep your reticle directly on target if none of the bullets hit where the reticle is (which only happens at long range).

It's been a while since I played on console, and even then it was PS3, so your mileage may vary. I remember not really enjoying ADS Hurricane from any sort of range, at least against normal targets. Bosses don't matter too much.

You can also buckle down and fire from hard cover to reduce recoil and spread if you really need to do range.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 1134-7624-5851
#10darren19822000Posted 1/8/2014 4:23:20 PM
i use this on most of my classes...its the only gun i have that i can use and notice damage...i suck with the arc pistol.

the trick is to hold the stick down. i have no trouble with it
---
gt darren reefnugs gfaqs worst speller