Good sniper for human engineer?

#1Urdnot_RuntPosted 2/6/2014 8:42:17 AM
I never use snipers in this game but for fun I decided to try sniping with the Human Engineer.

I used the Indra VI in a Gold match and it was alright, cooldowns were fine but damage was a little weak. I don't really know anything about any of the snipers in this game so so what would be a good one? I know using a sniper on him isn't ideal, just trying to spice things up
---
GT: gethtones
#2Mr_PipboyPosted 2/6/2014 8:47:12 AM
the Collector Sniper rifle is light enough for the engineer while doing good damage. Use incendiary rounds and then detonate with chain overload.

If you want a traditional sniper rifle, the Valiant, while being a terrible weapon, would fit your bill. But you may as well use a paladin as the damage is comparable for the weight tradeoff.
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#3terrysmay04Posted 2/6/2014 8:58:19 AM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
the Collector Sniper rifle is light enough for the engineer while doing good damage. Use incendiary rounds and then detonate with chain overload.

If you want a traditional sniper rifle, the Valiant, while being a terrible weapon, would fit your bill. But you may as well use a paladin as the damage is comparable for the weight tradeoff.

The three I would recommend have already been mentioned. CSR, Indra, Valiant. otherwise I don't see many SRs that would blend well with the human engineer
---
I hate so many things about what you choose to be.
#4moodyjm2Posted 2/6/2014 9:12:13 AM
Valiant is terrible in MP? That's unfortunate, it rocks in SP.
---
"Unlocked oki dung pie - the fine art of tossing poop at your opponents" - shadowsofdawn
#5gunholePosted 2/6/2014 9:13:38 AM
just found a new class for the CSR. sweet...
---
[voted most irrelevant poster 2012. vote yes on 522.]
#6Mr_PipboyPosted 2/6/2014 9:16:06 AM
moodyjm2 posted...

SP on insanity is pretty much Silver on MP. The Valiant is good on silver and bronze, but suffers on gold and platinum. So naturally there is a disparity between SP and MP. Not to mention all of the buffs and nerfs in MP that did not effect SP guns (Typhoon, Krysae, et al.).
---
In case you can't tell, I was being sarcastic.
www.Omega-level.net | Salarian Sniper King
#7NefhithPosted 2/6/2014 9:19:34 AM
The collector sniper rifle is cool, and the mantis isn't terrible at all, if you overload everything first to get rid of shield gating. The viper is a good lightweight option, but never tried it on gold.
---
"panda is probably a rocket launcher" - MisterBellic
#8moodyjm2Posted 2/6/2014 9:23:15 AM
Mr_Pipboy posted...
moodyjm2 posted...

SP on insanity is pretty much Silver on MP. The Valiant is good on silver and bronze, but suffers on gold and platinum. So naturally there is a disparity between SP and MP. Not to mention all of the buffs and nerfs in MP that did not effect SP guns (Typhoon, Krysae, et al.).

Good to know. That seems like a fair assessment based on my limited experience.
---
"Unlocked oki dung pie - the fine art of tossing poop at your opponents" - shadowsofdawn
#9code_kirinPosted 2/6/2014 10:29:46 AM
CSMG is the best sniper for human engineer.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 1134-7624-5851
#10Urdnot_Runt(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2014 11:06:40 AM
code_kirin posted...
CSMG is the best sniper for human engineer.

Csmg is all I use on a lot of classes but I'm bored with it
---
GT: gethtones