Speed running...?

#1FA1THL3SSPosted 2/12/2014 12:47:49 AM
I am normally not a fan of speed running as I find it rather monotonous and I don't particularly like the map Jade. However, I want me some credits and would like to get some people together Wednesday and/or Thursday night(s) to speed run. I should be on starting around 5 pm CST until the wife gets home then I'll be back on around midnight. My goal is to earn as many credits as possible but I still want to be entertained while playing otherwise it just turns to work and nobody like that.

I am comfortable doing waves 9 & 10, but am willing to do the others. I'm also willing to learn other maps for speed running.

Or if a group of us just want to destroy on gold (maybe plat) that is fine also.
---
Gt: FA1THL3SS
PSNid: FA1THL3SS_______ (7 underscores)
#2zhobanPosted 2/12/2014 1:09:12 AM
I'd be up for it if we could find two others. Hate to say it but, you might get better luck over on BSN. There aren't many people here who do it anymore and those of them that do, don't like to speed run and are only doing it to max their manifests. On top of that, they are all really close to maxing their manifests
---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)
#3TemplariShadowPosted 2/12/2014 1:40:50 AM
If just wanna like, have games happen. We can like... make it raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiinnnn.
#4PatchyGroundFogPosted 2/12/2014 1:43:56 AM
send me a friend request. if i play either tomorrow or Thursday i will speed run with you.
---
It looks weird if you post without a signature.
GT: patchygroundfog
#5phishfacePosted 2/12/2014 1:51:42 AM
On a scale of 1-10, how incompetent do you have to be to not be suitable for speed running? Basically, can anyone do it?
---
Gamertag: puremintoil
#6DividerByZeroPosted 2/12/2014 4:15:49 AM
phishface posted...
On a scale of 1-10, how incompetent do you have to be to not be suitable for speed running? Basically, can anyone do it?

Can you stay in one spot, moving to another where necessary, and shoot a missile every few moments?

Unless things get wiry, such as wave 10 nodes, you can speedrun.
---
'Charging in on the back of a Rachnii, with a glorious golden beard flowing in the wind with two groupies behind him, Divider rescued our outpost...' - Raff
#7pfh1001Posted 2/12/2014 4:27:52 AM
Zugrian here, I'd be up for the later time frame, but not the earlier. I usually can't get on till midnight central time.
#8FA1THL3SS(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2014 6:45:23 AM
zhoban posted...
On top of that, they are all really close to maxing their manifests

This is one of the primary reasons for my about face on speed running. If I don't get in now, it might be dried up by the time I want to do it.

Like I said though, I'm good with just playing the game, as long as I get me some credits. Getting tired of grinding challenges.
---
Gt: FA1THL3SS
PSNid: FA1THL3SS_______ (7 underscores)
#9Superfluou5Posted 2/12/2014 7:24:46 AM
If you can't find anyone for your speed running I'd recommend some casual glacier matches. You can get anywhere from 15 to 20 minute pug games. Sometimes even quicker with good objectives, and teammates who use missiles.
---
Gt: l2eal Deal
http://www.youtube.com/user/SemperParatu5/videos
#10zhobanPosted 2/12/2014 7:27:06 AM
Superfluou5 posted...
If you can't find anyone for your speed running I'd recommend some casual glacier matches. You can get anywhere from 15 to 20 minute pug games. Sometimes even quicker with good objectives, and teammates who use missiles.

Or when you and I play and I care, we can usually get them down to 13 minutes 'cause we're awesome.
---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)