Second playthrough the series on Insanity. Class advice needed.

#1RitalinfiendPosted 2/20/2014 3:36:50 PM
I've only played as a soldier on Insanity through the whole series. I don't know how I could have managed without immunity on ME1 or adrenalin on ME2. ME 3 was easy with the particle rifle but any class can use that. What would be the easiest class for insanity for all 3 games other then the soldier?
---
Candy: Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
#2SKA_Posted 2/20/2014 3:38:43 PM
all 3 games? sentinel. if you don't mind changing classes between games, any in ME1, and then infiltrator for 2 and 3.
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#3Urdnot_RuntPosted 2/20/2014 3:48:34 PM
Sentinel

It's really fun and has got a little of everything
---
GT: gethtones
#4LordTrinenPosted 2/20/2014 3:59:34 PM
Definitely Sentinel. A real tank with Tech Armor and its diverse powers let it handle almost any situation.
#5Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 4:13:16 PM
Wow, unanimous. The most difficult fights on Insanity I faced in the series was the fight right after you rescue Liara in ME1, the more difficult time trials in Pinnacle Station, and the Collector Base in ME2. Would you say a sentinel would have the same difficulty, more difficulty, or less difficulty then a soldier on Insanity on those parts?
---
#6SageOfLifePosted 2/20/2014 4:17:20 PM
Same, but you'll be relying on different powers to even the odds. Solder has Immunity to avoid damage, while Sentinel has Barrier for the same, plus a bunch of powers devoted to making sure the enemy can't attack at all.
---
Get your f*#%*!% foot off my neck, then we'll talk tolerance. - David Gerrold
#7sheepman23Posted 2/20/2014 4:17:54 PM
Sentinel or Vanguard. Sentinel is the most solid across all three games, but Vanguard is arguably the best in both ME2 and ME3.
#8Ritalinfiend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2014 10:04:53 PM
Just curious what do you all think of the Infiltrator class for the whole trilogy on Insanity? Not as good as the Sentinel or Vanguard?
---
#9N7_SlayerPosted 2/20/2014 10:07:32 PM
Vanguard. Shotties plus biotics are just devastating.
---
http://i.imgur.com/e4saUzH.gif
#108bitPunkPosted 2/20/2014 11:06:29 PM
I had a very easy time with Adept, but I never played a Sentinel, so I can't compare them.

Singularity + Throw for mooks.

Warp + Throw for everything else.

Take Warp Ammo for your power.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
GameFAQs Spell check Recommendations for "8bitPunk": beatnik, bedpan, botanic, birdsong