Looking back, theres some heavy Mass Effect 1 favoritism in this game *spoilers*

#1wrightreyesrockPosted 4/23/2014 6:20:45 PM
-No ME2 squademates make the cut, while almost the entire ME1 squad is back
-Wrex is the only former squadmate brought back for the Citadel DLC
-None of the ME2 romances can be started without an import file, while Liara, Kaidan and Ashley can be romanced even if they hadn't before
-All of the characters guaranteed to die (Mordin, Thane, Legion) are ME2 characters
-ME1 romances are the only romances that get a legitimate romance scene
-None of the ME2 characters get a proper good-bye scene at the end of the game, they're all somewhere else and get small vid exchanges

Mass Effect 2 really got the shaft in this game
---
3ds friend code: 0301-9944-0120 IGN: Tom
White friend code: 0605-6392-0651
#2ozzyman314Posted 4/23/2014 6:42:06 PM
Other Than Tali, all of the ME2 romances got the shaft. I don't know what the **** they were thinking with Jacob. He flat out is the worst.

I will admit some ME2 squadmates do have legitimate reason for not coming back(Kasumi, Thane, Mordin, Jack, Grunt.) But some are just phoned in(Zaeed - would have taken him over James. and I like James. Jacob, Samara- can we kill Liara and have Samara instead? Miranda)

I also hate their blatantly obvious obsession with Liara
- Only squadmember to have DLC dedicated to her
- Only Squadmate that cannot be killed(low EMS does not count)
- is obsessed with Shepard(seriously, she has a burnt piece of Shepard armor, probably peeled off his flesh displayed in her house.)
---
3DS Friend Code: 4313-1911-9417
Loading Signature..........
#3Carribean_CoolPosted 4/23/2014 7:20:13 PM
Yeah, I understand the behind the scenes purpose of ME2 squadmates not joining, but if they had more time, we should have able to get a good handful of them. Hell, Citadel DLC proved that it is entirely possible.

I mean if Garrus can abandon his battle on Palaven's moon, and Tali can join while she is an Admiral, than the rest can join no problem. What's Jacob doing, sitting on his ass watching the scientists build the crucible? Zaeed is just going to stand at the Citadel all day? I guess Grunt forgot all about Shepard being his battlemaster...

Thane was going to be a temp squadmate to begin with. Legion can't fight with us during his time with us on the Normandy because.....??? I mean c'mon, we got shafted out of using him in ME2, only getting him for 2 main story missions. Seriously, the ****? Jack getting a whole new remodel for a 10 minute cameo seems a little fishy, she had to be originally a squadmate in ME3. Miranda, who can only die at the final boss in ME2, thus having the least chance of dying, can't join us.

I mean, how cool would it have been to have Miranda and Jacob, interacting with Ash/Kaidan, with the latter not trusting Jacob and Miranda for being former Cerberus operatives, or having them accompany us on Cronos Station? I was looking forward to reuniting with the ME2 cast the most in ME3, facing the final battle together, side by side, especially after ME2's ending where they all show they're with you no matter what. Well, I guess I'm gonna play some ME2 now.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#4roo10158Posted 4/23/2014 7:20:33 PM
Tali and Garrus were ME2 squaddies too don't forget
---
Will preorder- Mass Effect 4 CE. Preordered- Watchdogs CE PS4 & Arkham Knight PS4
Top 5 franchises- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon
#5Carribean_CoolPosted 4/23/2014 7:24:11 PM
But we're talking ME2 exclusive characters.
---
Snitsky's Condoms. If she get's pregnant, it's not your fault.
#6xKryptonKnightxPosted 4/23/2014 7:29:42 PM(edited)
Without ME2 you wouldn't be able to make key choices in the Tuchanka and Rannoch arc.
---
Proper Preparation & Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
GT: Marvel Maverick
#7wrightreyesrock(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2014 7:29:25 PM
I consider Tali and Garrus ME1 squaddies because they originated there.

I thought a good opportunity for the Citadel dlc would have been that if you any of the ME2 characters (besides Thane obviously) they'd be the ones who meet Shepard after he falls out of the sushi place, and then you could use them for the missions. Sort of like a bonus for romancing them. I mean if they can think up a reason for Wrex to be on the Citadel at the time, they could do it for Miranda or Jack
---
3ds friend code: 0301-9944-0120 IGN: Tom
White friend code: 0605-6392-0651
#8Q SlickPosted 4/23/2014 7:49:09 PM
I mean if they can think up a reason for Wrex to be on the Citadel at the time, they could do it for Miranda or Jack

In Miranda's case; I suppose the "fan boy sheep" response could be that she spends the majority of ME3 on the run from Cerberus, so hanging out with Shep would only make her even more of a target.
---
Aha! May Della depart a Nissan as Sinatra pedalled Yamaha?
#9Ryan-06Posted 4/23/2014 7:54:33 PM
2 is my fav game still.
---
chart: http://ow.ly/uuJ6g
chocolate: http://ow.ly/t0gvj, http://ow.ly/t0g1Y
#10ozzyman314Posted 4/23/2014 7:59:58 PM
Even if they were to give us more squadmates, I don't really see the purpose. We had 12 squadmates, 12! even that seems a bit overkill.

7 is more than enough. Plus, if we had more, where would they be? Where would they stick Grunt on the Ship? or Jacob? Or Zaeed?

Now should we have gotten them as temp squadmates during their mission?(Miranda on Horizon, Grunt on Rachni scouting, etc.) Hell yeah!
---
3DS Friend Code: 4313-1911-9417
Loading Signature..........