Jade Speed Running (With a Vengeance)

#61MaxDmianPosted 5/8/2014 3:23:33 AM(edited)
Flamer doesn't work through a Praetorian's bubble.
The only power that goes through is Reave.

Oh, and no, the bubble doesn't give damage reduction.
---
GT: Max Dmian
#62fpsfreak23Posted 5/8/2014 3:32:57 AM
MaxDmian posted...

This. Also, Debuffs from powers that have a radius(ie: Proximity Mine with rank 5a taken) still give the debuff, even if the power does no damage. This why you'll typically see someone toss a proxy mine at a Banshee or Praetorian, even if they know it'll just make them put up their barrier. This is especially helpful on Phantoms as it'll force them to bubble-up, but still gives a debuff, allowing them to be sitting ducks for a clean headshot.

I use this tactic quite a lot when playing as the Salarian or Geth Infiltrator. Once you get the hang of it, it just becomes practically second-nature.
---
"I'm Torgue, and I am here to ask you one question, and one question only: EXPLOSIONS?"
GT: Scatman Wenis
#63BeefstakPosted 5/8/2014 4:03:57 AM
the thing is I was always shadowing one of you guys so I thought I was doing damage, but it must've been you all wrecking them. and thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

I have to tell you I enjoy the MP 10x more since you guys have been helping me.
---
Your people had times like these, cause in our cycle this is pretty rare.
#64NefhithPosted 5/8/2014 6:09:17 AM
This thread sucks as well as the mp as a whole. *activates flame shield*
---
Do you want to build a reaper?
#65fpsfreak23Posted 5/8/2014 6:53:29 AM
Nefhith posted...
This thread sucks as well as the mp as a whole. *activates flame shield*

Ok. That's your opinion. I'd rather that posts about when people will be on to play, ideas for our Hold The Lines or Theme Games, and random s*** gets confined to one active thread than cluttering up the board and quickly dying off like they used to. That's just my opinion, along with several other board members here. Don't like it? Well, then you know which thread to avoid. Silly Nef. Your flame shield and rehashed Jinteisama-meme doesn't work here. YOUR POWERS ARE USELESS IN THIS REALM. Also, this post was not aimed at you, specifically. I'm tired of some crying about this thread being pointless, when it's far more useful than not.
---
"I'm Torgue, and I am here to ask you one question, and one question only: EXPLOSIONS?"
GT: Scatman Wenis
#66NefhithPosted 5/8/2014 7:05:07 AM
Damnit scatman. You're a bit sensitive today. *uses respec card and uses chilling shield*
---
Do you want to build a reaper?
#67zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 7:13:14 AM
fpsfreak23 posted...
MaxDmian posted...

This. Also, Debuffs from powers that have a radius(ie: Proximity Mine with rank 5a taken) still give the debuff, even if the power does no damage. This why you'll typically see someone toss a proxy mine at a Banshee or Praetorian, even if they know it'll just make them put up their barrier. This is especially helpful on Phantoms as it'll force them to bubble-up, but still gives a debuff, allowing them to be sitting ducks for a clean headshot.

I use this tactic quite a lot when playing as the Salarian or Geth Infiltrator. Once you get the hang of it, it just becomes practically second-nature.

Also, that.

Beefstak posted...
the thing is I was always shadowing one of you guys so I thought I was doing damage, but it must've been you all wrecking them. and thanks for clearing that up for me guys.

I have to tell you I enjoy the MP 10x more since you guys have been helping me.

You mean everyone else helping you. I'm bad at helping people.
---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)
#68BeefstakPosted 5/8/2014 7:23:35 AM
Zhoban I seem to remember you dragging through a few matches last night and the other night. Also you give a lot of great advice here, even if not aimed at me I read it. You should stop selling yourself short you are awesome at this game and exceptionally knowledgeable and welcoming/helpful to newcomers.

Unless of course you were messing with me, then I take it all back..

Oh and HUSKER -- POWER!! lol
---
#69zhoban(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 7:26:06 AM
Beefstak posted...
Zhoban I seem to remember you dragging through a few matches last night and the other night. Also you give a lot of great advice here, even if not aimed at me I read it. You should stop selling yourself short you are awesome at this game and exceptionally knowledgeable and welcoming/helpful to newcomers.

Unless of course you were messing with me, then I take it all back..

Oh and HUSKER -- POWER!! lol

Smartass advice. That's my kind.

Maybe the Huskers might not suck this year. Even my Royals got a few wins... even though they were against my other favorite team - San Diego Padres.
---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)
#70BeefstakPosted 5/8/2014 7:38:08 AM
Well I don't follow the Baseball team, but if the Huskers ever lose to Iowa in Lincoln again I am done going to games lol
---