Tell me about your juggs

#1BeefstakPosted 5/8/2014 10:29:16 PM
I see a lot of hate for the Juggernaut, specifically people don't like how other people play them. I usually like having one in the group, and would like to try it out but I was hoping you all might give me some advice as to how to play one correctly. pretty please
---
Your people had times like these, cause in our cycle this is pretty rare.
#2MJOLNRVIIPosted 5/8/2014 10:49:23 PM(edited)
The problem some if not most of us have with puggernauts is that they hold the B button for the whole match doing little to no damage the whole time. Another annoyance is spamming the shield two feet in front of them as it hurts your teammates trying to use powers or shoot certain guns. Here's how I build him:

http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#2B!1H06515!!13N51364!3DFAC

I like to just sit there firing the PPR because he's a character that can easily take the hits. Throw a turret next to you or your teammates for healing. Use the shield for devices or if you really need cover for whatever reason. Also, fire your Siege Pulses for Fire explosions whenever you can.
---
XBL GT: MercifulScarab PSN: DemonsniperM40 3DS FC: 3866-8391-7573
http://i.imgur.com/bWrfCah.gif
#3Beefstak(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2014 11:37:21 PM
I do not have a ppr, tried the typhoon earlier but seemed to get into trouble... Harrier- spitfire work-Adas?
---
#4MJOLNRVIIPosted 5/8/2014 11:50:48 PM
What's your GT? I could just check what you have and go from there. Doesn't even have to be an Assault Rifle. Reegar works wonders too.
---
XBL GT: MercifulScarab PSN: DemonsniperM40 3DS FC: 3866-8391-7573
http://i.imgur.com/bWrfCah.gif
#5NefhithPosted 5/8/2014 11:50:53 PM
http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#2B!2407585!!34N52364!6AFB5

If you're hosting, this build is really cool. Kill everything with the arc pistol, if you get surrounded, throw the hex shield and pass through it to make enemies get hit by it, turn around, shoot the enemies still alive and spam siege pulse like crazy to the bosses.
---
Do you want to build a reaper?
#6pprincessPosted 5/9/2014 12:01:49 AM
My juggs are matriarchal.
#7BipBapBamPosted 5/9/2014 12:07:30 AM
http://kalence.drupalgardens.com/me3-builder#2B!3005565!!!9D.AG

i do this and just reegar everything since i dont have a ppr either, and melee when i need shields back. i only use the shield if im being swarmed for quick aoe damage, to help in objectives or when im running away or reviving someone. i only ever shoot the siege pulse to save a teammate about to be stomped.
---
Cowboy Bip Bop
#8Beefstak(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 12:14:46 AM
@Pprincess uh.. everyone else has a link.

thanks guys I'll try those in the morning I do have a Reager 2 I believe

GT Boba Fistmaster Scarab... we;ve played together :...(
---
#9TimeShinigamiPosted 5/9/2014 1:51:53 AM
Dear god, don't use the harrier. It'll take your slow ass forever to get to the ammo boxes. I'd avoid the Reegar for the same reason- besides, contrary to popular useage, Jugg shouldn't be that close unless jacking sync-aggro.

Use the spitfire, skip turret, max shield for AoE and damage boost to help make up for 6b in fitness. Take weapon Passives. Spec siege pulses for DR, and use a cyclonic 4 and shield booster. Walk around emptying your gun into things heads (try to focus on mooks, your teammates can deal with bosses easier), and focus on Ravagers and Pyros when possible (they, along with praetorian punches, are your actual threats). Never press B unless you're surrounded, or need to hold a phantom for your team.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#10DuneManPosted 5/9/2014 2:05:37 AM
^
Pretty close to what I do with him. Contrary to what bad Jugg players do, he shouldn't slow down the entire match. The trick for him is to know your spawns, and park yourself in a place with good sight lines between the most common ones.

And yeah, you shouldn't really melee all that much unless you have a specific purpose in mind: you're tanking 5-6 live enemies in a small hallway and need the shields, you're draining the Barriers from a Phantom before shooting her in the face, you're grabbing a teleporting Banshee to keep her from possibly sync killing a teammate.

With a build that specs the Hex Shield to make up for the damage lost with the tank Fitness option you actually do want it deployed at all times when you're fighting. If you're tanking 5-6 enemies you're going to redeploy the shield between each heavy melee to ensure that you're always immune to staggers(enemies can't interrupt the deployment, or the heavy melee). The shield can also take shots from an Atlas, Primes, or Ravagers if you stand a few feet back from the splash damage. It doesn't work on Scions though, or Praetorian lasers. Against the Collectors the Juggernaut has to stick near a large wall or utilize heavy melee to keep his shields up.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao