Did anyone point out all of the bible references in this game?

#1NefhithPosted 5/9/2014 4:54:25 AM
Because I just did.
---
Do you want to build a reaper?
#2pprincessPosted 5/9/2014 1:18:25 PM
"Anything world-shaking? Man's inhumanity to Man? Does objective reality exist?"

I always appreciate intelligent writing, and cultural, mythological and religious themes contribute to this. Final Fantasy games are a college course in world mythology. I spent time with my son when he was in high school exploring and discussing the myths behind monster names in the Final Fantasy series.
#3zhobanPosted 5/9/2014 1:20:11 PM
A higher power committing genocide.
---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)
#4CaelestinePosted 5/9/2014 2:17:44 PM
For one, there is how Legion pick his name. I think there are numerous mission name and such that could be referencing the bible. And of course, there are the few BSN guys who believe that BW portray the Reaper/starchild as god and Sovereign as Jesus or something like that. I just think these guys are reading too much into it though. They probably see Jesus and/or the Virgin Mary any and everywhere :p
#5Nefhith(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2014 2:24:46 PM
Caelestine posted...
For one, there is how Legion pick his name. I think there are numerous mission name and such that could be referencing the bible. And of course, there are the few BSN guys who believe that BW portray the Reaper/starchild as god and Sovereign as Jesus or something like that. I just think these guys are reading too much into it though. They probably see Jesus and/or the Virgin Mary any and everywhere :p

I'm pretty sure these guys appeared on the local news as "dude claims to have seen jesus face in toast".

Conspirational-tier things apart, there's a s***load of them. Also, shepard's name (shepherd) and the bible's tradition in having shepherds everywhere, and "our god savior" sovereign coming to help us and save our lives and humanity (with aliens and stuff) beating the hell out of it. He got lucky we didn't have a big enough cross.
---
Do you want to build a reaper?
#6xKryptonKnightxPosted 5/9/2014 2:54:15 PM
Garrus and his 12 disciples with Sidonis as the Judas.
---
Proper Preparation & Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance
GT: Marvel Maverick
#7SKA_Posted 5/9/2014 3:55:53 PM
the shepard dies for our sins.

at least the ME series was a more subtle than the matrix sequels and song of albion
---
it's not easy being this awesome and modest
#8xxENIGMAPosted 5/9/2014 4:55:27 PM
xKryptonKnightx posted...
Garrus and his 12 disciples with Sidonis as the Judas.

So... Garrus... Is JESUS.
#9pointer9378Posted 5/9/2014 5:21:11 PM
The Lazarus Project.
---
The ME3 board's friendly neighborhood Warlord Monsignor, kupo!
#10DividerByZeroPosted 5/9/2014 9:35:57 PM
pointer9378 posted...
The Lazarus Project.

You wouldn't happen to know what part of the Bible that's referencing, would you?
---
'Charging in on the back of a Rachnii, with a glorious golden beard flowing in the wind with two groupies behind him, Divider rescued our outpost...' - Raff