Cain Trip Mines on Banshee

#1KADFCPosted 5/9/2014 3:03:58 PM
The barrier is removed, but why does it still take a whole lot more Mines to finally kill it. Brutes take like 2 to 3. Banshees take like 5 to 6. I tested it for than once.

Does Banshee have way more HP than Brutes or something?
---
PSN: KaddyKickass
#2N7TyrantTitanPosted 5/9/2014 3:38:50 PM
The banshee may have put that barrier up that blocks powers? I don't know but I have trouble killing them with the mines too.
---
The resident BIOTIC GAWD of the ME3 360 boards.
XBL Gamertag: BAWSERAWSS (pronounced Boss Ross)
#3DuneManPosted 5/9/2014 3:43:45 PM
In Phase Two, when a Banshee is stationary, she can put up a barrier that absorbs all power damage(stops at least some, or possibly all, melee attacks as well). She can even put it up while preparing to toss her Warp ball. Usually the safest time to spam the mines, because you know you want to, is when she does her AoE heavy melee scream.

Be wary if you have a sniper on the team too, since they're likely to purposely bring up her barrier to get her head to stay still for some Black Widow/Javelin shots.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#4Dubious_HijinksPosted 5/9/2014 4:03:38 PM
Like Phantoms, the barrier goes up on the target, not the hitting of powers. Make sure she's untargeted so she doesn't put the barrier up.
---
GT: Dubious Hijinks
I like to burn all the things.
#5NefhithPosted 5/9/2014 11:34:51 PM
Hi. Let's do meth:

Gold banshee: 16875 armor
Full damage cain trip mine (4A, 5A, 6A): 5400 armor damage

5400 * 3 = 16200

We could add variables such as the banshee getting a bit away from the mines, thus taking less damage, as well as any power damage enhancing stuff you could have. Also, with some of this game's terrible multiplayer's shenanigans, we can assume a banshee can perfectly take 3 mines and not die.

Brute's armor in gold: 9000

5400 * 2 = potato

Yes, the brute dies with two mines with some extra damage just in case it gets a bit far away or something like that.
---
Do you want to build a reaper?
#6TemplariShadowPosted 5/9/2014 11:56:33 PM
Nefhith posted...
Hi. Let's do meth:

Gold banshee: 16875 armor

5400 * 3 = 16200

We could add variables such as the banshee getting a bit away from the mines, thus taking less damage, as well as any power damage enhancing stuff you could have. Also, with some of this game's terrible multiplayer's shenanigans, we can assume a banshee can perfectly take 3 mines and not die.

Brute's armor in gold: 9000

5400 * 2 = potato

Yes, the brute dies with two mines with some extra damage just in case it gets a bit far away or something like that.

heehee

Carry on.
#7NefhithPosted 5/10/2014 12:02:57 AM
TemplariShadow posted...
heehee

Carry on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJH7tHjXxkc
---
Do you want to build a reaper?
#8YamatoBeatsPosted 5/10/2014 12:38:31 AM
Power barrier blocks it. Damage = 0. Just don't look at her when you're spamming and you'll be fine.
---
"Limits, like fears, are often just an illusion."