By using genesis1, playing mass effect 2....

#1MickyMage87Posted 6/3/2014 6:09:24 PM
do i miss out on too many war assets and side quests for mass effect 3?

Im wanting to create another character however not sure i can go through mass effect 1 again (i just completed a perfect run through of mass effect 1 collecting everything and doing all possible missions).

Thanks for any advice you can provide!
---
XL GT: Hellkite87
FC: 4339-3900-5649 safari: ICE snorunt, bergmite, cloyster
#2alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 6/3/2014 6:20:54 PM
I'm doing an non-imported ME3 run just for fun and I'll have more than enough War Assets to ensure anything I want. I'm sure you'll be fine. Also, I'm sure they wouldn't screw over PS3 players who never had ME1.
---
Black 2 FC: 0605 5786 7352
Y FC: 3840 6857 4555 OGPC #00032
#3YandizbarPosted 6/3/2014 6:22:44 PM
I've never used either genesis comics so I don't know what they entail. I assume it's a condensed version of the main plots and you make the major decisions, such as Virmire.

Honestly, slumming it through the Uncharted worlds in ME1 is crappy, but only the "anomalies" are worth investigating. The other pickup is always random equipment. So I'd go get it, then warp back to the Normandy if it's far away from the next area, then go to the mine or building that's the same on every planet.

Except for that one planet (Eletania or something like that where you have that "vision" and use the "key" from the consort) you don't have to spend that much time in the Mako.

And the "story planets" are easy to run through once you've done it and know exactly what to do. Also, put it on casual.
---
PSN-EBFred Live-EB Fred
Welcome to die!
#4NafzgerPosted 6/3/2014 6:25:28 PM
What you can do is use a gibbed editor to change your save around. You can flag all kinds of stuff with that and even change your class and decisions. Then you can rename your character and make a new Shepard in ME2
---
XBL:ArsenalofGlory | PSN: Nafzger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rVFi6qkPHE
#5MickyMage87(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2014 7:17:33 PM
thanks everyone.

I might just run through mass effect 1 again. Will be good destroying enemies as a vanguard shock trooper.
---
XL GT: Hellkite87
FC: 4339-3900-5649 safari: ICE snorunt, bergmite, cloyster
#6TimeShinigamiPosted 6/3/2014 7:25:49 PM
MickyMage87 posted...
do i miss out on too many war assets and side quests for mass effect 3?

Im wanting to create another character however not sure i can go through mass effect 1 again (i just completed a perfect run through of mass effect 1 collecting everything and doing all possible missions).

Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Off the top of my head, you'll miss: the Elkoss Combine Licence, Conrad Verner, the Asari Matriarch Writings, the Consort (Citadel DLC cameo), and possibly screw up the Geth/Quarian Peace (Tali's side-quest in ME 1).
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#7roo10158Posted 6/4/2014 3:16:15 PM
Or you could just use gibbed save editor
---
Will preorder- Mass Effect 4 CE. Preordered- Arkham Knight PS4
Top 5 franchises- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon