Mass Effect playthrough style

#1cmhawk84Posted 6/6/2014 12:41:51 AM
Hey all...doing my FINAL (like for the 5th time) Trilogy playthrough, starting with ME1 (it kicked off by me buying Bring Down the Sky dlc..it was a dollar on XBL..never played it! So I just completed Feros now..and I always wanted to know how some of you guys preferred to do your playthrough of ME1. It's not as straight forward as ME2 or 3, you can start off on Noveria, Feros, or offworld (as I did here..) I tried knocking out as many off world assignments and explorations as I could before I knocked out the main missions..I'm trying to get 100% done. Anyway my usual order of things always is Feros first, Noveria, then Virmire..and of course the grand finale. What are your guy's thoughts? Oh and also when do you figure I should do the Asteroid? I'm thinking after Noveria and before Virmire....Virmire to me is just when everything gets hot, a squadmate dies and everyone knows sh!t needs to get done!
#2cmhawk84(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 12:51:04 AM
completely forgot, I always pick up Liara first! Get here then go offworld for the assignments..THEN Feros, exc.
#3DividerByZeroPosted 6/6/2014 1:03:48 AM
I always do Therum first (getting Liara, plus a good introduction to the geth forces), then Feros, and finally Noveria (it seems fitting to take on Saren's second-in-command right before going after the turian himself).

Bring Down the Sky is just an extra side mission, so there isn't really a fitting spot in the story to do it. LordTrinen here posted a full trilogy mission order guide, so it doesn't hurt to follow that.
---
'Charging in on the back of a Rachnii, with a glorious golden beard flowing in the wind with two groupies behind him, Divider rescued our outpost...' - Raff
#4cmhawk84(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2014 1:09:39 AM
I'll have to check that out
#5BeefstakPosted 6/6/2014 2:53:06 AM
wait on bring down sky the special stuffes will be specialler
---
That's a great plan if you wanna die with your hand around your business
GT Boba Fistmaster (again)
#6LordTrinenPosted 6/6/2014 3:30:45 PM
Here is a link to my guide that was mentioned.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/684758-mass-effect-trilogy/faqs/69336

I've divided all the ME1 missions and side missions into three parts: Important, Semi-Important and Unimportant. The Important ones should always be done because they have the most significant impact on the later games. I listed these in the order I think they should be done.

Semi-Important missions have small impacts that influence cameos and such. Unimportant missions can be skipped entirely. These two sections are not in any particular order and can be done in any way you wish.
#7roo10158Posted 6/6/2014 7:44:37 PM
I will never have a final playthrough
---
Will preorder- Mass Effect 4 CE. Preordered- Arkham Knight PS4
Top 5 franchises- Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman, & Pokemon