Serious question: Rio map strategy?? (Gold/Plat)

#1JedisenseiPosted 7/13/2014 1:19:26 PM(edited)
Is there an accepted method for running this map? Most of the PUGs I've played (pretty much exclusively Gold/Silver) tend to gravitate in the center, which is perfect if you want to get assaulted from both sides...

Wouldn't it be better to defend the area around the 'Box of Shame' or even the LZ?? I've searched and looked at videos but there doesn't seem to be any consistency on this map...
#2kenobi749Posted 7/13/2014 1:30:15 PM
None of the above. I'd keep moving. There is no ideal camping spot. Unless you really wanna do "Box of Shame".

I'm always moving on that map to keep from getting overwhelmed
---
GT: SEV 74907
PSN: SEV_74907
#3perfect_generalPosted 7/13/2014 1:34:36 PM
I like hanging by the boxes ( not "the box of shame") across from the spawn point by the fenced in area. Ammo is plentiful and you can play hide and seek, picking up enemies that roam into that area, especially if you have geth scanner equipped.
---
Currently working on soloing gold with every class. Progress: 45/59
GT: Hoboys
#4BiggyDXPosted 7/13/2014 1:48:08 PM
perfect_general posted...
I like hanging by the boxes ( not "the box of shame") across from the spawn point by the fenced in area. Ammo is plentiful and you can play hide and seek, picking up enemies that roam into that area, especially if you have geth scanner equipped.

Main thing is to not camp the middle ground. I tend to be like Kenobi, but if you're looking for a sure fire way of staying safe while still keeping up your dps, the stay near the crate area. It offers more cover options than the opposing side, and a large amount of Ammo boxes (2 of which give 3 grenades at once I think).
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#5code_kirinPosted 7/13/2014 2:52:24 PM
On gold you can hold the center just fine, but there's no reason to camp on gold or below. On plat, the abundant cover and two 3 grenade boxes are too helpful to skip out on.
---
Pokemon Y FC: 1134-7624-5851
#6TimeShinigamiPosted 7/13/2014 3:41:38 PM
Start on the stair platform close to the boxes facing the pillars. Assuming no one's over there killing it, wipe that spawn. Then check the boxes for a spawn, and if it's not there, hit the other side of the map. Rinse, repeat. On Waves 8 and 9, nuke the pillars until they stop appearing there.
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#7NefhithPosted 7/13/2014 6:39:25 PM
If you can tell your teammates to cover the other 2 entrances, killing enemies from the extraction zone area and shooting to the enemies trying to get you is fun and easy.
---
Do you want to build a reaper?
#8zhobanPosted 7/13/2014 6:41:40 PM
Rage quitting after getting staggered on Wave 2. Only way to do it.
---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)
#9Jedisensei(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 7:32:44 PM
zhoban posted...

You must've been in the PUG I was just in.... ; )

But perhaps that's the problem, really: playing PUGs. Still, I just find it strange that on most every other map even PUGs know how to control the spawns reasonably well -- on this map in particular there simply is no consensus, outside the Box of Shame...
#10NefhithPosted 7/13/2014 7:53:25 PM
Jedisensei posted...
zhoban posted...

You must've been in the PUG I was just in.... ; )

But perhaps that's the problem, really: playing PUGs. Still, I just find it strange that on most every other map even PUGs know how to control the spawns reasonably well -- on this map in particular there simply is no consensus, outside the Box of Shame...

I'd rather let them play in the box than when they try to hold the middle of the map and keep getting slaughtered from everywhere.
---
Do you want to build a reaper?