Is this worth buying considering....

#21JedisenseiPosted 8/3/2014 10:40:18 PM
ATLLEGEND23 posted...
I'm in a healthcare professional program and it starts back up in a couple weeks so I didn't think I had time for the whole trilogy. That's why I asked specifically if it was worth playing just the 3rd one. Not because I was afraid of the price of first two. However, thanks for the feedback.

It's worth playing (but since this is a ME board, consider the source). A solid playthrough would be roughly 30hrs each, however, so if you can squeeze that into a couple of weeks I say go for it.

ME1 lays the foundation and has a story that can stand on it's own, but only "decent" gameplay (it starts out rocky [on Insanity] and then you get OP by the end).
ME2 introduces another side to the foundation and includes some of the best character exploration and decision-making in the seires, with much improved gameplay.
ME3 wraps it all up [PLEASE ignore all the ending hooplah you hear around here] with further refined gameplay, but he multiplayer really stands-out; I didn't like the idea at first, myself, but I'm truly hooked and it's "bite-sized" gaming really fits people with time constraints.
#228bitPunkPosted 8/3/2014 11:43:34 PM
ATLLEGEND23 posted...
I'm in a healthcare professional program and it starts back up in a couple weeks so I didn't think I had time for the whole trilogy. That's why I asked specifically if it was worth playing just the 3rd one. Not because I was afraid of the price of first two. However, thanks for the feedback.

The combat in Mass Effect 3 is amazing. For 4 bucks I think you should try it out.
---
Xbox 360 GT: o 8bitPunk o
Always down to play: Shadowrun, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Dark Souls, Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker, Resident Evil: Revelations
#23LeftiesRulePosted 8/4/2014 2:18:23 AM
zhoban posted...
Also, Jill almost became a sandwich (which you eat), Claire doesn't have that going for her.

Yup... I'd eat The Jill sandwich and then SPIT IT IN THE TRASH.

But Claire.... I'd take my time eating that Sandwich.
---
Claire Redfield is the hottest female protagonist in the RE series/franchise.
#24zhobanPosted 8/4/2014 7:43:41 AM
Yandizbar posted...
"The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?"

"Jill, Here's a lockpick. It might be handy if you; the master of unlocking, take it with you."

Resident Evil dialogue, FTW!

LeftiesRule posted...
zhoban posted...
Also, Jill almost became a sandwich (which you eat), Claire doesn't have that going for her.

Yup... I'd eat The Jill sandwich and then SPIT IT IN THE TRASH.

But Claire.... I'd take my time eating that Sandwich.

I'd THROW IT ON THE GROUND. I don't need no Redfield.
---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)
#25GoldenSWarriorsPosted 8/4/2014 12:37:23 PM
Like 50 other people said, play the whole trilogy
---
GT: F3rocious Panda
http://i.minus.com/iyd6J984Oz8cy.gif