Anyone else have trouble playing renegade?

#1Bearacudda98Posted 8/2/2014 3:26:52 PM
I played through ME1 and ME2 as renegade recently and loved the fact that you be a total bada** while saving the galaxy (Sort of like robocop (the original one) only the galaxy not Detroit) but as I've been playing through ME3 as renegade some of the things shepard does is actually kind of disturbing, like gunning down Mordin, Wrex and Samara's daughter after she watched her mother shoot herself. I'm almost tempted to delete this save and play through as Paragon again.
Does anyone else feel this way?
---
Official Canadian Of GameFAQs's............................EH!
#2NaughtyOctopusPosted 8/2/2014 3:50:58 PM
nice spoiler tags m8
---
http://i.imgur.com/D13zI.gif
damn
#3YomigaeruPosted 8/2/2014 4:02:18 PM
I typically don't play full renegade because it usually entails being a complete and total ass to everyone you meet. Things just seem to be too black and white at times.

Paragon: "Trust me on this one, Wrex."
Renegade: "Shut up and suck on deez, turtle-face."
---
How about a sign that just says "DON'T"? You could hit people with it.
Official Deviant of the SSB4WiiU Boards
#4sheepman23Posted 8/2/2014 4:37:01 PM
Renegades really do get screwed over in ME3... it kind of sucks.

Not only are the choices annoying, but Shepard pretty much acts like a Paragon even when you're not controlling him. He sympathizes with almost every character, regardless of how the player actually wants to treat them. I won't say it since I'm not sure if you've played it yet, but there's a mission late in the game where Shepard's post-mission attitude really drives me nuts.
#5Bearacudda98(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 4:54:24 PM
sheepman23 posted...
Renegades really do get screwed over in ME3... it kind of sucks.

Not only are the choices annoying, but Shepard pretty much acts like a Paragon even when you're not controlling him. He sympathizes with almost every character, regardless of how the player actually wants to treat them. I won't say it since I'm not sure if you've played it yet, but there's a mission late in the game where Shepard's post-mission attitude really drives me nuts.

Post-Horizon? The set dialogue is very paragon in that scene.
---
#6sheepman23Posted 8/2/2014 5:06:10 PM
I'm referring to after Priority: Thessia. I want the ability to tell the asari councilor that what happened on Thessia was her fault for not listening to Shepard sooner, and then to be able to laugh at Joker's comment about asari dancers instead of being forced to yell at him.
#7twinstarnumber1Posted 8/2/2014 5:14:21 PM
I generally never like playing renegade on any game. You're always just playing as a jerk, plain and simple. I'd love for a game that isn't just cruel pointless acts greatest hits, but allows your character to be a feared badass who crushes enemies without mercy but still has the back of his/her allies, protects the crew. That shouldn't be too hard to implement, and I think it would be a way more popular choice than full on jerk mode.
---
XBL Gamertag: mydarkstar --- PSN: mydarkstar
#8Bearacudda98(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 5:15:30 PM
sheepman23 posted...
I'm referring to after Priority: Thessia. I want the ability to tell the asari councilor that what happened on Thessia was her fault for not listening to Shepard sooner, and then to be able to laugh at Joker's comment about asari dancers instead of being forced to yell at him.

That's another good example too, Although I was a bit shocked Joker would make a joke that dark in real life, and even when you do talk to the council it doesn't really give you a chance to chew them out for not listening to you
---
#9zhobanPosted 8/2/2014 6:50:57 PM
NaughtyOctopus posted...
nice spoiler tags m8

---
GT - zhoban; PSN - zhoban
"I'm not crazy. At least, I don't think so" - James (Silent Hill 2)
#10billygotenPosted 8/2/2014 7:05:01 PM
Yep.

Killing Mordin, screwing over the Krogan, and gunning Wrex down were are pretty hard for me to do. But the universe isn't gonna Renegade itself. Someone's gotta do it.
---
---The defib is a more useful weapon at range than either T1 shotty. - kenmorr23---