So there's NO xbox 360 controller support?

#61IceMaN55000Posted 2/28/2012 8:45:49 AM
great, so now i'm not getting it either. thanks for the controller info.
#62Yuseke111Posted 2/28/2012 11:07:49 AM
just get a mouse with alot of buttons on it. problem solved.
#63aemami(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2012 1:43:38 PM
Slayn posted...
xfyrenx posted...
Why are you people jumping down TC's throat for wanting to have more options? Isn't that what the PC is about, being able to do more than the consoles?

Because he is advertising it on the forums, and thus makes himself open to attack.

What the... ??? That makes sense. Wow.
#64aemami(Topic Creator)Posted 2/28/2012 1:52:37 PM
This is the real reason there is no controller support:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-16-bioware-explains-why-pc-mass-effect-3-doesnt-support-gamepads

Read between the lines. They were too busy making day one DLC to actually implement Xbox controller support.

That's a little bit ridiculous.

Also, in response to a previous post in this thread - the graphics are not "a little bit worse on the 360".

They are *very* noticeably inferior to the graphics on the PC. It does detract from the enjoyment of it when you KNOW that you could have been playing it on PC if they simply hadn't been too greedy to have controller support!
#65SlaynPosted 2/29/2012 1:52:40 AM(edited)
aemami posted...
Slayn posted...
xfyrenx posted...
Why are you people jumping down TC's throat for wanting to have more options? Isn't that what the PC is about, being able to do more than the consoles?

Because he is advertising it on the forums, and thus makes himself open to attack.

What the... ??? That makes sense. Wow.

What do you want us to say? You flat out said you will not be buying the game because there is no controller support. Guess what? None of us care what you do. There is literally no reason for your post. You don't want to play with a kb/m and most people are going to think you are stupid for doing so. Therefore by posting this, you are opening yourself for people to come in here and basically call you an idiot. If you want to sell the game, go ahead, no one really cares what you do. You didn't even ask for help around it, you just said "blah blah, won't be buying this game" like anyone is supposed to care, then got defensive when people exrpressed what a dumb idea it is.

And saying that controller support is DLC is just pulling it out of nowhere.
#66aemami(Topic Creator)Posted 2/29/2012 2:20:59 AM
Slayn posted...

What do you want us to say? You flat out said you will not be buying the game because there is no controller support. Guess what? None of us care what you do. There is literally no reason for your post. You don't want to play with a kb/m and most people are going to think you are stupid for doing so. Therefore by posting this, you are opening yourself for people to come in here and basically call you an idiot. If you want to sell the game, go ahead, no one really cares what you do. You didn't even ask for help around it, you just said "blah blah, won't be buying this game" like anyone is supposed to care, then got defensive when people exrpressed what a dumb idea it is.

And saying that controller support is DLC is just pulling it out of nowhere.

You really need to work on your reading skills. Badly.

There is NO workaround for it. This is already established. Just imperfect hacks.

and WTF are you talking about "controller support is DLC"??? Learn how to read dude. It will help you in life.

I've already saved one other person from buying the game expectation (like all *reasonable* people do) of 360 controller support. That made it worth it.
#67SlaynPosted 2/29/2012 2:50:58 AM
aemami posted...
You really need to work on your reading skills. Badly.

There is NO workaround for it. This is already established. Just imperfect hacks.

Exilious posted...
aemami posted...
Exilious posted...
Works great with Xbox 360 controller + Xpadder

Can you hit the RB or LB buttons to bring up a radial dial with your weapons or powers? I am guessing no. In that case, no, it doesn't work "great".

Actually, you can. Google search for mass effect Coalesced edits. The Xbox UI has been built into both previous ME games and unlocked via Coalesced edits. Seeing as the games all use updated versions of the same engine, it's same to say an Xbox UI will be available to hax in.

So do some research before you make dumb sarcastic comments, because it does work "great".
#68aemami(Topic Creator)Posted 2/29/2012 2:58:13 AM
Slayn posted...

Actually, you can. Google search for mass effect Coalesced edits. The Xbox UI has been built into both previous ME games and unlocked via Coalesced edits. Seeing as the games all use updated versions of the same engine, it's same to say an Xbox UI will be available to hax in.

So do some research before you make dumb sarcastic comments, because it does work "great".

Read the article that was linked. If it was perfectly included in the game, Bioware would have turned the feature on. It's not in there dude. Read the article
#69xfyrenxPosted 2/29/2012 3:26:26 AM

Read the article that was linked. If it was perfectly included in the game, Bioware would have turned the feature on. It's not in there dude. Read the article

But that's the thing. From what we saw of the demo and the coalesced that came with it, the xbox UI is there, just not enabled.
---
A fate worse than a fate worse than death... That's pretty bad - Blackadder
Black FC 2623-2687-6904 OT Vanessa
#70ExiliousPosted 2/29/2012 1:31:59 PM
aemami posted...
Slayn posted...

You are oblivious to reality. They said the same thing about ME1 and ME2.

Xbox UI and controller IS there, just disabled.

Why do they disable it? Because they want people who have a console to play the console versions. It's a piracy deterrent. Developers hate PC gamers. The more people that play on PC, the greater the risk for piracy.

By day 2, there will be Coalesced Xbox UI / controller support. Heck, someone probably already has it now working in the demo. I already uninstalled, so I really don't care though.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz | 2x PNY XLR8 GTX 470 SLI | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
Vitiate, Sorcerer Healer [Wound in the Force]