best class for melee?

#1FeatherbeardPosted 2/26/2012 9:39:40 PM
^topic need to know before I continue leveling my lvl 10 soldier. I hear krogan are rly good for melee, but would another class such as infiltrator be better for this sole purpose? Thanks.
#2Cloud_47Posted 2/26/2012 9:50:07 PM
Pure melee? Krogran Soldier. Fortification grants bonus to melee when released and so do the passive skills. Combine that with a Shotgun with a bayonette and krogran's high health and shields, and you can melee Atlas.
#3DrPiratePosted 2/26/2012 11:06:02 PM
Vanguard.
---
you can't take the sky from me...
#4ShinesmanOWPosted 2/27/2012 3:09:21 AM
DrPirate posted...
Vanguard.

Almost no point in meleeing on Vanguard, especially human. Your cooldowns should be such that you can charge again after using Nova, and charge is far better than a melee attack.

Carrying a shotgun for the melee bonus would drop your cooldown, and cooldowns are everything to a Vanguard. Also, a shotgun is a fairly useless weapon since the Vanguard already has an "up close and personal" attack and needs something that works at distance, such as a scoped pistol.
#5Arctic_BlastPosted 2/27/2012 3:32:10 AM
On Bronze, Krogan Soldier.
On Silver and Gold, Infiltrator is probably better. Krogan can't tank everything anymore, so Cloak's advantage of being able to approach undetected and choose an enemy a bit away from the pack is probably better.

But in general, I'd say melee is more of a situational attack past Bronze, not something to build a character around.
---
http://i56.tinypic.com/28jdzbq.jpg
#6SlaynPosted 2/27/2012 4:41:10 AM
ShinesmanOW posted...
DrPirate posted...
Vanguard.

Almost no point in meleeing on Vanguard, especially human. Your cooldowns should be such that you can charge again after using Nova, and charge is far better than a melee attack.

Carrying a shotgun for the melee bonus would drop your cooldown, and cooldowns are everything to a Vanguard. Also, a shotgun is a fairly useless weapon since the Vanguard already has an "up close and personal" attack and needs something that works at distance, such as a scoped pistol.

Really? I hold the melee attack whiile charging, end up punching someone in the face right when I teleport to them. I don't see how it can be useless.
#7BicassoPosted 2/27/2012 4:46:36 AM
He already said it lowers your cooldowns, so you have do decide if the tiny increase to your dps (shotgun) is worth having less survivability (cooldowns). It may have a use, but it sounds like it's the inferior option to me.
---
teehee i bumped this!
#8heresjohnnoPosted 2/27/2012 2:17:58 PM
Vanguard is the best class for melee range fighting, as all their powers either end with you being at close quaters with your opponents, or only work from point blank range.

the Asari adept has an excellent heavy melee attack - AOE and heavy knockback, while the Krogan Solider has the most damaging heavy melee vs a single opponent.
---
If your zergling rush fails, Consult your hachery. you may need more zerglings.
#9GamemakoPosted 2/27/2012 3:18:52 PM(edited)
Using melee as a Vanguard is generally silly unless you're bored or suicidal. Should be charging to refill shields instead, and there isn't really space for melee between charge and nova. Also, if you're a vanguard carrying a shotgun, you're either doing it for the hell of it or you're just a really bad Vanguard.

I get the most melee kills as a Krogan soldier, for obvious reasons. Also get quite a few as a Turian sentinel (partly due to the Mattock's low ammo capacity and partly due to Overload's stun). I get some now and then as a Salarian Infiltrator.
---
One can only wonder at how such idiocy invariably comes to power.
ESTIMATE THE CATACLYSM. CALCULATE THE APOCALYPSE.
#10JamieK1981Posted 2/27/2012 6:10:31 PM
Well, not sure what is best for melee, but then again, i don't really care about 'what the best is', since i play what i enjoy most.

I have noticed that the cloak is not good at all, they can still see you as if you are not cloaked, so i went with sentinel as my class to be.