Geth/Quarian question.. *spoilers*

#1paradoxworldPosted 3/6/2012 12:55:52 PM
I remember reading that I could get both the geth and quarians allied if I had enough reputation. I have the reputation bar maxed (mostly renegade..) and I just did the reaper base assault. At the end, I was unsure how to handle it, and wasn't given any red/blue options that would allow them both to be happy. So how do I get them both allied? I told Legion to upload it, and then told him to contineu uploading, and I did the paragon interrupt to try and save Tali (failed btw =/ )..and now only the Geth survived?

So...what am I supposed to do? thanks.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ah5rhk.gif
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#2tizzywilkillyouPosted 3/6/2012 1:00:10 PM
You need at least 5 "points".

ME2: Destroy heretics: 2
ME2: Prevent Tali from being banished: 2
ME2: Keep both Tali/Legion loyalty via charm/intimidate: 1

ME3: Two instances where you can get 1 point (total of 2).

So basically if you don't go into ME3 with at least 3 pointes from the ME2 scenarios, you can't reconcile things with the geth/quarians, and will have to pick one.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#3paradoxworld(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 1:02:32 PM
Ok I had 3 points from ME2 then.

What are the two points in ME3 I can get?
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ah5rhk.gif
These pretzels are making me thirsty!
#4hikaru_beoulvePosted 3/6/2012 1:04:42 PM
So the two instances of getting 1 point in ME3 aren't mutually exclusive? I can actually do both? If so, happy day! It didn't make any sense for my Shepard to destroy the Geth, so I was upset that I was basically being treated like I had made the wrong choice.
---
Chaos Pudding(!!!!!)
Summa Crossroads: www.summaxr.com
#5Death DurronPosted 3/6/2012 1:25:55 PM(edited)
hikaru_beoulve posted...
So the two instances of getting 1 point in ME3 aren't mutually exclusive? I can actually do both? If so, happy day! It didn't make any sense for my Shepard to destroy the Geth, so I was upset that I was basically being treated like I had made the wrong choice.

I'm hoping that is true. I myself chose to spare the heretics. Despite all the problems they've caused in Mass Effect 1 I felt the ease of wiping out their beliefs, just cause it's different is discriminate so to speak and chose to spare them. Plus it's just the matter of changing their beliefs that I didn't like. No diplomacy or whatnot just a simple press of the delete button in a way.

Looking back at those choices, I completely forgot that it was rewrite or destroy. Strange, thought it was rewrite or let them continue their own belief. In which case I recall I chose to rewrite instead of destroy. Why waste some perfectly good soldiers for later. I feel like I'm contradicting myself now.....
---
"You must gather your party before venturing forth"
"Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes!"
#6CaladfwichPosted 3/6/2012 1:19:50 PM
Here we go:
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/347/index/9629045/1
It contain the details you need for keeping both.