Bioware got really lazy with Tali's face (spoilers)

#11OldDirtyCRPosted 3/6/2012 6:17:20 PM
viruscarrierxxx posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...
Damien94 posted...
Even if it is the same picture they edited for the game... so what? That's precisely what that site is for. They're called stock photos for a reason. Cheaper than hiring a model to use the image of.

It shows laziness and lack of regard for their fanbase.

...Why?

Because, we've been waiting since Mass Effect 1 to see what the Quarians and Tali look like. The fact that Bioware didn't put any real effort into making this species by simply photoshopping a stock image is insulting.

Once again I state why does it matter that it's a stock image. That woman is a woman. Whether it's a stock image or an image they took of that woman themselves, she's going to look the exact same. They thought that model looked good, so whats the problem?

I can't fathom your logic. What were you expecting, them to use a zebra as the base for her face? Or were you wanting them to just model a completely fabricated face that had no ties to humans?
#12Damien94Posted 3/6/2012 6:18:34 PM(edited)

Because, we've been waiting since Mass Effect 1 to see what the Quarians and Tali look like. The fact that Bioware didn't put any real effort into making this species by simply photoshopping a stock image is insulting.

Umm... even if they didn't use a stock image, they would have found a model that looked the same or contacted the woman and taken their own picture.

Concept art and design is planned.
---
Yes, contrary to your misinformed belief, opinions can and are often wrong.
#13Omnipot3ntPosted 3/6/2012 6:22:24 PM
Umm... even if they didn't use a stock image, they would have found a model that looked the same or contacted the woman and taken their own picture.

The only way to not find this insulting and lazy is to be a huge biodrone.
#14viruscarrierxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 6:22:46 PM
OldDirtyCR posted...
OldDirtyCR posted...
Damien94 posted...
Even if it is the same picture they edited for the game... so what? That's precisely what that site is for. They're called stock photos for a reason. Cheaper than hiring a model to use the image of.

It shows laziness and lack of regard for their fanbase.

...Why?

Once again I state why does it matter that it's a stock image. That woman is a woman. Whether it's a stock image or an image they took of that woman themselves, she's going to look the exact same. They thought that model looked good, so whats the problem?

I can't fathom your logic. What were you expecting, them to use a zebra as the base for her face? Or were you wanting them to just model a completely fabricated face that had no ties to humans?

I was expecting some sort of orignally desinged alien race like the Krogan, Salarians, Turians, etc. Not some 5 minutes photoshop of a human stock photo.

Damien94 posted...

Apparently not very well, lol. The fact that the race boils down to recolored humans while races like the Salarians and Turians are fairly intersting design-wise is hilariously bad.
---
Those who would give up Liberty to purchase Safety, deserve neither. http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/aulliax/kitten1.jpg
#15Damien94Posted 3/6/2012 6:24:33 PM
We already knew that Quarians looked similar to humans. It was mentioned several times in the past two games.
---
#16PirahnoPlantmanPosted 3/6/2012 6:25:19 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/oqi2py.png
---
*NEW* Working on a playlist, tell me what you think of it. http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF7621EB320CD12E1
#17viruscarrierxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 6:26:18 PM
Damien94 posted...
We already knew that Quarians looked similar to humans. It was mentioned several times in the past two games.

Name them, please.
---
Those who would give up Liberty to purchase Safety, deserve neither. http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e261/aulliax/kitten1.jpg
#18Damien94Posted 3/6/2012 6:31:51 PM(edited)
Name them, please.

I'm not going to replay the games so I can quote you every time it's mentioned. Your fault if you skipped through conversations or dialogue.

But one thing you can do is look at the Quarian faces through their masks. They have "shiny" eyes (which is shown in the photo) and their faces are shaped the same as humans (ovular with noses like humans). The only thing we weren't sure they had was hair... well, guess they do.

This isn't news. Quarians always resembled humans.
---
#19viruscarrierxxx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 6:38:26 PM
Damien94 posted...
Name them, please.

I'm not going to replay the games so I can quote you every time it's mentioned. Your fault if you skipped through conversations or dialogue.

But one thing you can do is look at the Quarian faces through their masks. They have "shiny" eyes (which is shown in the photo) and their faces are shaped the same as humans (ovular with noses like humans). The only thing we weren't sure they had was hair... well, guess they do.

This isn't news. Quarians always resembled humans.

There is literally 0 conversations alluding to their appearance. You know this, don't try to hide it.

And yes, we could see they had 2 eyes. That was about it. I'm not asking for sponge-like organism or something, but freaking recolored humans is the laziest thing they could have done after 3 games.
---
#20LeBurns63Posted 3/6/2012 6:39:59 PM(edited)
I just had to do this, though it is clearly obvious.

Tali SPOILERS I Guess.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ih8uxc.jpg
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.