Bioware got really lazy with Tali's face (spoilers)

#111EnragedSlithPosted 3/9/2012 2:27:58 AM
The funny thing is that Bioware spent a bunch of money in order to put Chobot into their game, but they didn't want to spend any money fleshing out one of their most popular characters from the first game.
#112jzak374Posted 3/9/2012 11:26:10 AM
ForsakenSanity posted...
Meh, I'm not that surprised.

<minor ending spoiler>

That moon background during the ending, when the old guy's talking? 5 min photoshop of first google image result for winter sky.

Artists got pretty lazy, but so did the animators and the writers. That run? Those horrible lip syncs? A deus ex machina and space magic to end the series with? lulz.

Reading through this thread, at first I was really disappointed that they used a human stock photo for the picture evidence of Quarian. They went through all the trouble of not showing ANY Quarian faces in the last two games, and for what? To have them look identical to humans? I agree with a lot of people, this is just lazy, but I was willing to let it go.

But then Forsaken pointed this out. What. The. Hell.
The whole enigmatic end scene with a guy talking to a little kid about the "Shepard", the very end of the game, and the scene its based on is found as literally the #1 image when you search google for Winter Sky.

Seriously Bioware? You would end your epic series with this bull?
#113gabebPosted 3/9/2012 11:31:14 AM

Relax,Tali's face will be patched on next dlc.

#114SnowFox7Posted 3/10/2012 7:31:50 AM
Damn, I was actually enjoying the game until now lol.... The photoshop stuff kinda ruins it all for me. And here I was about to let go of my grudge against bioware for being a s*** factory in the gaming industry, and give them another chance by playing this game. And I was actually having fun too. But, now that I know that they just photoshopped a couple stock pics and put them in the game, in plain sight, I guess I have to burn my hard drive to thoroughly destroy the illegally downloaded copy of this game that I has.

That aside, it does actually bug me to hell that there is no native controller support... When I mentioned that to my friend, he responded 'are you serious?', to which I said, yes, and then he refused to believe me until he saw with his own eyes. He just couldn't imagine such a big reputable company being -that- stupidly incompetent. Every half decent dev out there these days adds controller support. Even those who make pure PC games. To hear that a former console exclusive game, was ported to the PC, without native controller support, is just... Mind boggling...

I guess one thing is certain after all this... Bioware is composed of people less talented than random indie game devs. Plus they are a bunch of idiots. And I'm damn glad I didn't pay for this game.

I am still enjoying it though. Kinda looking forward to being done with it though, the combat gets stale pretty quick, and the story gets kinda stupid as well. Oh sure, started out strong, hey, go save the galaxy right out of the box.... Too bad mr. Shepard keeps getting distracted by menial tasks, hot gay flings with latin pole dancers, and that one kaiden guy who's always trying to get you to take him out to dinner, or take him to pound town, and then wants to talk about his feelings. But don't worry, if that's not up your alley, here, this old hag wants to get you drunk and get into your pants as well.... It's like, seriously people, galaxy to save here, go run your own errands, and go **** yourself while you're at it.

But I digress... What were we talking about again? Oh right, Tali... Yeah, no comment, I let her die anyway. The geth are so kewl, I chose them over those dumb walking asthma inhalers. Too bad you can't have a hot gay fling with Geth VI. He is such a stud, what with him being 1,186 hot gay bastards all wrapped up into one, erm, walking TV camera thing that got raped by an alien from that old alien movie, you know, the one that was on the radio back in like the 20's.

But again, oh right, Tali... Yeah eff her.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfMBd7FyZU
Welcome to the new dark ages
#115moneycashgeorgePosted 3/10/2012 11:29:30 AM
FrostyZaimok posted...
Kitanishi posted...
FrostyZaimok posted...
Bald_Money posted...
Someone from 4chan's /v/ board made a photoshop in 5 minutes that is a lot better, I think. See for yourself: http://oi41.tinypic.com/znagex.jpg

Maybe he should have spent ten.
Looks horrifyingly bad.

1. It looks like an actual alien with exoskeleton.
2. The arm positioning looks way better than bioware's version.
3. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A STOCK PHOTO HUMAN.

The arm positioning looks like something else is trying to grope her, the angle is full derp.

It is so bad it's ridiculous and I'm incredibly grateful you're not designing art for things I want to play.

Listen, its not supposed to be a perfect, game-ready photoshop. Its just a demonstration that in merely 5 minutes, you can edit that stock photo into something much more fitting for an alien species.

The point isn't that whoever did that is some kind of master shopper, it's that it makes it clear how little effort went in to this, zero.

Tali Zorah is a main character of the series. Beloved by a huge segment of the fanbase. A trademark of the franchise. Someone that the people who gave this series success have developed a deep emotional attachment to. The mystery of her appearance was her defining quality. Revealing it should have been a key moment, something memorable and important that Bioware put a lot of thought and effort in to.

Simply the fact that you are comparing something done in 5 minutes to what we got speaks volumes. This is something that a team of artists should have worked hard on, something that should have been made perfect. Instead they flipped through Getty.com, found some pretty girl, and said "Hey, lets just have her be Tali! Throw on some tattoos and lets go home!"

This is preposterous, baffling, insulting, and absurd. It is the equivalent of Luke taking off Darth Vader's helmet, and seeing a mannequin head. Just right there on screen, a clothing store mannequin head, with dialog dubbed over, because they were too lazy to hire an actor. It is insane. There are countless fan-arts, done just for the sake of it, that make BioWare's official product look pathetic. They should be ashamed of themselves.
#116Fallen_LordPosted 3/10/2012 2:04:39 PM
Bump for those who have not seen this yet.
---
http://bf2s.com/player/44664753/
#117someflamablekidPosted 3/10/2012 9:27:46 PM
I guess it would be kinda funny if they patched it in a week and were like "Just kidding guys, here's the real Tali!
#118FrostyZaimokPosted 3/10/2012 9:35:25 PM
moneycashgeorge posted...
FrostyZaimok posted...
Kitanishi posted...
FrostyZaimok posted...
Bald_Money posted...
Someone from 4chan's /v/ board made a photoshop in 5 minutes that is a lot better, I think. See for yourself: http://oi41.tinypic.com/znagex.jpg

Maybe he should have spent ten.
Looks horrifyingly bad.

1. It looks like an actual alien with exoskeleton.
2. The arm positioning looks way better than bioware's version.
3. IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A STOCK PHOTO HUMAN.

The arm positioning looks like something else is trying to grope her, the angle is full derp.

It is so bad it's ridiculous and I'm incredibly grateful you're not designing art for things I want to play.

Listen, its not supposed to be a perfect, game-ready photoshop. Its just a demonstration that in merely 5 minutes, you can edit that stock photo into something much more fitting for an alien species.

The point isn't that whoever did that is some kind of master shopper, it's that it makes it clear how little effort went in to this, zero.

Tali Zorah is a main character of the series. Beloved by a huge segment of the fanbase. A trademark of the franchise. Someone that the people who gave this series success have developed a deep emotional attachment to. The mystery of her appearance was her defining quality. Revealing it should have been a key moment, something memorable and important that Bioware put a lot of thought and effort in to.

Simply the fact that you are comparing something done in 5 minutes to what we got speaks volumes. This is something that a team of artists should have worked hard on, something that should have been made perfect. Instead they flipped through Getty.com, found some pretty girl, and said "Hey, lets just have her be Tali! Throw on some tattoos and lets go home!"

This is preposterous, baffling, insulting, and absurd. It is the equivalent of Luke taking off Darth Vader's helmet, and seeing a mannequin head. Just right there on screen, a clothing store mannequin head, with dialog dubbed over, because they were too lazy to hire an actor. It is insane. There are countless fan-arts, done just for the sake of it, that make BioWare's official product look pathetic. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I never disagreed with the unacceptability of Biowares piss weak attempt.
I simply said the example is not better than the in game one, it's terrible, which it is.
---
Lose = Def: To fail to win, to lose a match.
Loose = GameFAQS Def: To fail to win, to lose a match.
#119Exploding8Posted 3/10/2012 9:50:13 PM

ipervy posted...
Well, I just played through the part where the picture comes up and was pretty disappointed to find out the photo linked in this thread really is what is in game (though manipulated to have 3 fingers).

Sucks seeing that this is what they amounted to after 3 game installments for, but for me tali will always look like this in my mind:

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/tali2.jpg

Its funny because someone did that for free and put a thousand times more effort into it than people who were paid to do it for EA/Bioware. 

#120IceQBkidPosted 3/10/2012 9:52:23 PM
You guys are pathetic. Really.... Speaking from the point of view of having romanced Tali I can say that the whole mystery effect had to be played just right in order to get an awesome delivery. I felt that Bioware really delivered the effect well by letting you think at first that you are not going to see her face by saving her planet + the romantic moment with the nice backdrop then her telling you that it would take ages for them to re-strengthen their immune systems therefore not being able to see her face. After the player apparently gets put down because of that, you unexpectedly receive a surprise in your quarters from Tali and I can honestly say the delivery of the effect was awesome and I can feel the intensity of that picture every time I look at it while looking at the stock photo of that model does nothing for me. The reason for that is like I said because of the way it has been delivered and its sheer significance.

There was plenty of dialogue in the previous games as well as in ME 3 from the Prothean (he once mentions the looks of the quarian race when you earsdrop on 1 of the convos) as to how human like they were. With all that said I find Tali's picture incredibly attractive and because I also "know" her, her personality was why I romanced her in the first place, the looks add to her attractiveness and as person I feel attached to her therefore I am immersed in this Role Playing Game.