Bioware got really lazy with Tali's face (spoilers)

#121IceQBkidPosted 3/10/2012 9:52:25 PM
You guys are pathetic. Really.... Speaking from the point of view of having romanced Tali I can say that the whole mystery effect had to be played just right in order to get an awesome delivery. I felt that Bioware really delivered the effect well by letting you think at first that you are not going to see her face by saving her planet + the romantic moment with the nice backdrop then her telling you that it would take ages for them to re-strengthen their immune systems therefore not being able to see her face. After the player apparently gets put down because of that, you unexpectedly receive a surprise in your quarters from Tali and I can honestly say the delivery of the effect was awesome and I can feel the intensity of that picture every time I look at it while looking at the stock photo of that model does nothing for me. The reason for that is like I said because of the way it has been delivered and its sheer significance.

There was plenty of dialogue in the previous games as well as in ME 3 from the Prothean (he once mentions the looks of the quarian race when you earsdrop on 1 of the convos) as to how human like they were. With all that said I find Tali's picture incredibly attractive and because I also "know" her, her personality was why I romanced her in the first place, the looks add to her attractiveness and as person I feel attached to her therefore I am immersed in this Role Playing Game.
#122Tomar-RePosted 3/11/2012 7:21:29 AM
ensomneac posted...

OldDirtyCR posted...

I don't understand this at all.

I do.People will find anything to whine about, anything.

They have every right to "whine" about this. It's pure laziness.
---
PSN: Deathless600 XBL: Lord Gaius
3DS: 5026 4501 0564 Steam: Harlow
#123KitanishiPosted 3/11/2012 7:25:10 AM
Tomar-Re posted...
ensomneac posted...

OldDirtyCR posted...

I don't understand this at all.

I do.People will find anything to whine about, anything.

They have every right to "whine" about this. It's pure laziness.

^THIS.

This shows taht Bioware has no respect for their fanbase and for those who liked Tali as character.

There are fan arts who look far better than this 3 minute photoshop job.
#124_Candice_Posted 3/11/2012 8:46:46 AM
User Name IceQBkid
User ID 4225944
Board User Level 15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

Bioware employee or not?
#125leonjenksPosted 3/11/2012 8:54:46 AM
I didn't see anything wrong with it. She looked pretty much exactly like I thought she would and how all the evidence thus far indicated.

If you got the art book that came with the guide for ME1 and the one that came with the collector's edition of ME2 then you can see sketches of maskless quarians and they have a very human appearance with lavender/purple skin, feminine features, and glowing white eyes.

So basically she looked exactly like how I had pictured her all along.
#126grand_commanderPosted 3/11/2012 9:00:31 AM
There was plenty of dialogue in the previous games... as to how human like they were.

Bull. Post conversations or quit making junk up.
#127reishidPosted 3/11/2012 9:14:56 AM

They've spent money and time to make a 3d render of a minor character like Allers to look like Chobot but can't fork up the time and money to atleast make a decent effort with Tali. They can atleast use Tali's VA, Liz Sroka, who looks decently good.

#128paeunt_glalreyPosted 3/12/2012 12:43:24 PM
IceQBkid posted...
You guys are pathetic. Really.... Speaking from the point of view of having romanced Tali I can say that the whole mystery effect had to be played just right in order to get an awesome delivery. I felt that Bioware really delivered the effect well by letting you think at first that you are not going to see her face by saving her planet + the romantic moment with the nice backdrop then her telling you that it would take ages for them to re-strengthen their immune systems therefore not being able to see her face. After the player apparently gets put down because of that, you unexpectedly receive a surprise in your quarters from Tali and I can honestly say the delivery of the effect was awesome and I can feel the intensity of that picture every time I look at it while looking at the stock photo of that model does nothing for me. The reason for that is like I said because of the way it has been delivered and its sheer significance.

There was plenty of dialogue in the previous games as well as in ME 3 from the Prothean (he once mentions the looks of the quarian race when you earsdrop on 1 of the convos) as to how human like they were. With all that said I find Tali's picture incredibly attractive and because I also "know" her, her personality was why I romanced her in the first place, the looks add to her attractiveness and as person I feel attached to her therefore I am immersed in this Role Playing Game.

i love tali and i think that the picture is good EXCEPT that im pretty sure she is wearing nail polish and is not in her suit... although if they used that one fanart i think it would be better. now lets stop hating on bioware tali face lazyness and go back to saying that the endings are horrid.
#129Seth HuberPosted 3/12/2012 3:14:09 PM
Damien94 posted...
Even if it is the same picture they edited for the game... so what? That's precisely what that site is for. They're called stock photos for a reason. Cheaper than hiring a model to use the image of.
That's like going to see a big studio movie and all the sound effects are from freesoundeffects.com or something.
---
You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. ~ Ronald Reagan
#130PoisonArcPosted 3/12/2012 4:15:41 PM
Seth Huber posted...
Damien94 posted...
Even if it is the same picture they edited for the game... so what? That's precisely what that site is for. They're called stock photos for a reason. Cheaper than hiring a model to use the image of.
That's like going to see a big studio movie and all the sound effects are from freesoundeffects.com or something.

or a wilhelm scream?
---
pew pew