Bioware got really lazy with Tali's face (spoilers)

#131grand_commanderPosted 3/12/2012 4:27:14 PM
Don't even bring up the Wilhelm; every time I hear it I cringe.
#132Fallen_LordPosted 3/12/2012 4:57:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdbYsoEasio
---
http://bf2s.com/player/44664753/
#133Tomar-RePosted 3/14/2012 2:21:47 AM
PoisonArc posted...
Seth Huber posted...
Damien94 posted...
Even if it is the same picture they edited for the game... so what? That's precisely what that site is for. They're called stock photos for a reason. Cheaper than hiring a model to use the image of.
That's like going to see a big studio movie and all the sound effects are from freesoundeffects.com or something.

or a wilhelm scream?

C'mon man, the Wilhelm Scream is classic. Almost every action movie nowadays has it, and sometimes games.
---
PSN: Deathless600 XBL: Lord Gaius
3DS: 5026 4501 0564 Steam: Harlow
#134Tomar-RePosted 3/14/2012 2:23:20 AM
paeunt_glalrey posted...
that im pretty sure she is wearing nail polish and is not in her suit.

GEE, YOU DON'T SAY
---
PSN: Deathless600 XBL: Lord Gaius
3DS: 5026 4501 0564 Steam: Harlow
#135ensomneacPosted 3/14/2012 3:13:03 PM

Tomar-Re posted...
It's pure laziness.

How is it "pure laziness"?

Just because you didn't like it, or it didn't live up to your expectations?

Todays gamers are like pathetic sheep, all looking for something to moan (bah?) and whine about.

#136frybrain0094Posted 3/14/2012 3:21:58 PM

How is it "pure laziness"?

Just because you didn't like it, or it didn't live up to your expectations?

Todays gamers are like pathetic sheep, all looking for something to moan (bah?) and whine about.

Lol how is editing out 2 fingers of a stock photo not lazy?
---
Got the mack loaded
http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff4/frybrain94/omgbasedgod.jpg
#137qwertyisnotmePosted 3/16/2012 1:46:55 PM
*facepalm* Another fail of bioware, why am I not surprised...
#138DanteDiPasqualePosted 3/16/2012 2:21:43 PM
While I understand the feeling you're trying to express when it comes to your dissatisfaction with Bioware’s use of media obtained by out of house sources, I assure you it’s your own invalid sense of ownership over the IP that is causing the problem.

While, yes, on some level, artistic IPs end up existing in the sphere of those who perceive them, and yes as a targeted audience you expect a certain level of quality, what they did, however, is in no way cheap, underhanded, or dishonest. They didn't break your trust. They didn't rip you off. It is you arbitrarily looking down on a perfectly fine and commonly executed practice that is causing your discontent.

Think of all the music you've listened to over the years. Think of all the television shows you've watched. Think of all the movies you've experienced. Do you know how many movies, television shows, and music tracks use stock sound effects and instruments? How many times have we heard that stereotypical sound of a sci-fi cargo ship/hydraulic door opening? It was in Star Craft 1 even! How many different lasers do you actually think you've heard? Do you think that every movie with computer generated scenes makes their own graphics engine? Do you think that every videogame you've played has a compiler built from the ground up? Do you even know where textures come from?

Let me ask you. What if you didn't know the sources? What if it was completely hidden from you? In that instance do the images Bioware provided still then offend you? Do they fail in some non subjective way? Are they wrong images?

I didn't know the origin of any of the images when I played through the game because I stayed away from the forums until I was done my first play through. And you know what? Those images were great. Giving me a picture frame of Tali made sense because there would have been almost no way of introducing a 3d character model that would have satisfied three games of anticipation. Moreover the ending sequence with the old m
an and child is no less impactful for me now than it was before. It is a beautiful image.

TL/DR: No. Too bad. Don’t be afraid of words.
---
How it be grand if users were forced to display their actual age in some fashion...
PSN ID: Idonokage
#139HassohappaPosted 3/16/2012 2:44:00 PM

Lol how is editing out 2 fingers of a stock photo not lazy?

The arm also doesn't make any sense with the fingers edited out. Like... she would have to have a little stick wrist or have hands at some odd angle jutting off of her arm or something. But we have seen her arm before, so that doesn't really work.
---
What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. - Christopher Hitchens
#140RufusNKenRSTierPosted 3/16/2012 2:47:14 PM
They used celebs for BG2 faces also- to the point where one had to be edited, IIRC.

Also whats her face, the reporter, looks really familiar... is she Cher :P?
---
In Pie, Bond & Tails posts, read "democrat" as "republican".
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics/59182173