Bioware got really lazy with Tali's face (spoilers)

#21Damien94Posted 3/6/2012 7:49:33 PM
viruscarrierxxx posted...
There is literally 0 conversations alluding to their appearance. You know this, don't try to hide it.

And yes, we could see they had 2 eyes. That was about it. I'm not asking for sponge-like organism or something, but freaking recolored humans is the laziest thing they could have done after 3 games.

You're wrong. They mentioned several times that they were similar to humans.

Yes, we knew they had 2 shiny eyes. We also know that they had a nose like a humans. We also know their faces were ovular like a humans.

So their faces are the same shape, their nose is the same, and they have two eyes. Why in the world would you think they wouldn't essentially be recolored humans?!
---
Yes, contrary to your misinformed belief, opinions can and are often wrong.
#22ATiRadeonHDPosted 3/6/2012 7:52:10 PM
There is literally 0 conversations alluding to their appearance.

Wrong.

Plus you can see the white eyes and human-like nose through the visor.
---
|| AMD Phenom II x6 1065T || nVidia GTX 560Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#23OldDirtyCRPosted 3/6/2012 7:53:52 PM
Damien94 posted...
Name them, please.

This isn't news. Quarians always resembled humans.

There is literally 0 conversations alluding to their appearance. You know this, don't try to hide it.

And yes, we could see they had 2 eyes. That was about it. I'm not asking for sponge-like organism or something, but freaking recolored humans is the laziest thing they could have done after 3 games.

"Quarians are generally shorter and of slighter build than humans. Quarians have an endoskeleton, lips, teeth, and two eyes with eyelids and tear ducts; they also have three thick fingers on both hands which include a thumb and an index finger, as well as three toes on each foot. Their lower legs are bowed backwards significantly, compared to asari or humans. Aside from hands and legs, their general body shape and sexual dimorphism is similar to humans. Their ears or ear analogues differ in a noticeable fashion from those of humans, with references made to "what [passes] for the quarian version of an ear"."

/topic?

Mass effect Ascension and Mass effect 1 discuss it.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/978387/1
More info.
#24ForsakenSanityPosted 3/6/2012 7:53:59 PM
Meh, I'm not that surprised.

<minor ending spoiler>

That moon background during the ending, when the old guy's talking? 5 min photoshop of first google image result for winter sky.

Artists got pretty lazy, but so did the animators and the writers. That run? Those horrible lip syncs? A deus ex machina and space magic to end the series with? lulz.
#25steker16Posted 3/6/2012 7:55:42 PM
whats this? a company used a stock photo in thier product? who would have thought? what else do you think stock photos are for btw?
---
nomnomnom
#26Damien94Posted 3/6/2012 7:56:18 PM
Thanks, OlddirtyCR.
---
Yes, contrary to your misinformed belief, opinions can and are often wrong.
#27OldDirtyCRPosted 3/6/2012 7:58:40 PM
There are way bigger things you could be bashing bioware on but you pick one of the most inconsequential ones of them all -_-
#28EnragedSlithPosted 3/6/2012 8:04:14 PM
PirahnoPlantman posted...
http://i44.tinypic.com/oqi2py.png

"SPAM

END OF LINE"

That guy is a colossal drip.
#29Bald_MoneyPosted 3/6/2012 8:20:14 PM
Guys, you don't get it. It's not that Bioware used a stock image. Heck, companies use stock images all the time; it's what they're for. No, the real problem is that bioware didn't even design tali's face, they just grabbed some image. It's painfully obvious that bioware did not plan on tali looking like that in ME1 and ME2.
#30Exploding8Posted 3/6/2012 8:25:54 PM

So wait, let me get this straight...

They never actually show her face in game?

All we get is a picture?

*sigh*