Why can't I land on Dekuuna?!

#1rutgurtPosted 3/9/2012 5:19:07 AM
I have a quest to save the Elcors, given to me by the Elcor ambassador. Aside from being very frustrated that a lot of the quests are not listed when I roll over the solar system areas on the Milky Way map, I am utterly confused as to why I can't land on Elcor when I have a quest to save the homeworld?!?! What the hell is going on!?! I can't even scan the planet. Nothing! Just a description!
---
Currently playing: Kingdoms of Amalur, Star Wars Old Republic, Mass Effect 3
#2rutgurt(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2012 5:29:39 AM
Nevermind, figured it out. But damn what a way to get my hopes up then break it. I thought I was actually going to get to go to their homeworld for a mission and see what it's like! I was so excited as there is hardly any info on these guys, which makes them all the more mysterious. Instead, it's just a stupid Scanning quest?!?! How lazy!
---
Currently playing: Kingdoms of Amalur, Star Wars Old Republic, Mass Effect 3
#3k darkfirePosted 3/9/2012 8:28:39 AM
Blame Bioware. They barely even care about their humanoid aliens. What made you think they would care about the non-human alien?
---
UC
http://i42.tinypic.com/2qsqihw.gif
#4pizzasoupPosted 3/9/2012 8:32:24 AM
They probably decided it was non-essential. If the game's scope is too big, it won't be completed on schedule, or they'll have to water down each idea if they want to include them all. You have to draw the line somewhere as a developer in terms of what you're going to work on.
---
So shines a good deed in a weary world.
#5sth128Posted 3/9/2012 8:36:23 AM
Uh, the Elcor homeworld has extreme gravitation forces. If Shepard had landed he'd be unable to move, let alone do combat.

I don't remember the details, but that planet has something like 10 times the gravity. Put it into practical terms in the game, it would be like Shepard carrying 10 Claymores into combat. And that's not considering the armor he's wearing, which will also weight 10 times as much.
#6funkyfritterPosted 3/9/2012 9:06:12 AM
sth128 posted...
Uh, the Elcor homeworld has extreme gravitation forces. If Shepard had landed he'd be unable to move, let alone do combat.

I don't remember the details, but that planet has something like 10 times the gravity. Put it into practical terms in the game, it would be like Shepard carrying 10 Claymores into combat. And that's not considering the armor he's wearing, which will also weight 10 times as much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT-BPJ822vU&t=6m20s
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#7sth128Posted 3/9/2012 9:43:11 AM
Sorry I'm not at a place where I can play the audio. Not sure what your point is with the video. Dragon Ball Z is not exactly what I'd call a realistic sci-fi.
#8Tro77TroPosted 3/9/2012 9:48:37 AM
sth128 posted...

I figured this was common knowledge. The issue is that they set you up for an actual mission, not a scan quest, and then fail to deliver.

Pretty sure if you can be brought back from death in the vacuum of space and warp mass to the point of allowing travel millions of times faster than the speed of light... overcoming gravity isn't really an issue. At all.
---
Fiora is mai waifu. :O
#9sth128Posted 3/9/2012 10:00:38 AM
Technically they brought back Shepard after crashing into a planet, though we don't know the particular circumstances of those events. And Mass Effect drives do not allow "millions of times" FTL travel. The galaxy is 100,000 LY across, if the Reapers traveled "millions of times" the speed of light, they would have made the journey in less than a month, not 3 years.

Last I checked, they didn't have personal mass effect cores attached to the armors. Even if they can somehow bypass the whole "crushed by gravity" thing, all projectile weapons would be useless since they now follow a completely different flight path.

The TC is complaining about not being able to land on Dekuuna. I presented several real problems with such actions. Whether or not the mission delivers, that's your personal opinion. Some people think ME3 as a whole does not deliver. On that argument alone nothing can satisfy you even if you were to land on Dekuuna (and subsequently crushed into meat sauce, let's see Miranda resurrect you from that).
#10SnowFox7Posted 3/10/2012 9:18:43 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HT-BPJ822vU&t=6m20s

lol. well played.

Sorry I'm not at a place where I can play the audio. Not sure what your point is with the video.

You made a comment about shepard not being able to go to the elcor planet because it has 10x normal gravity. That video was about some alien throwing 10x normal gravity onto vegeta from dbz, and then vegeta laughing about it because his power level is over 9000 blah blah blah. lol. Whatever, it was a cheesy though fitting rebuttal to your remark incorporating some obscure clip from a show that was popular and watched by tons of people, when we were like, 10. Only on the internet~

Dragon Ball Z is not exactly what I'd call a realistic sci-fi.

Neither is mass effect....... so nyah. :P
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDfMBd7FyZU
Welcome to the new dark ages