Looking to increase Effective Military Strength? Use the save editor.

#1LirschellPosted 3/9/2012 8:04:31 PM(edited)
This is for those who are stuck with <4k EMS, don't want to play MP, or for other various reasons. It doesn't matter to me, and I don't care. The whole process will only take a minute, and it's very simple:

-Create a new save file in your career separate from your others that you can edit with, or back up your saves. Always a recommended precaution.
-Dowload Gibbed's Mass Effect 3 Save Editor (the one I used was build revision 22)

I'm sorry, I won't provide a link because I would then be accused of giving you a virus or suspicious link. It's your job to get a clean version of the save editor.

-Unzip/unrar, open "Gibbed.MassEffect3.SaveEdit"
-click Open
-find the career and save file you want to edit, click load bottom right
-you will see a blank Player tab, this is normal
-click Raw
-scroll all the way down and you will see a line "Player", click it
-scroll down and look for a line that says "GAWAssets (Collection)", click it
-all the way on the right you will see "..." button click it
-new window opens, 1st value highlighted is 0 on the left, on the right "Id 173" and below that "Strength" and a number
-click/highlight the number and add zeros to it
-click save, new save file

In game this war asset is under the Alliance as Alliance 5th Fleet. Here is an in game screenshot for you all, showing that the game has recognized the new value:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/405/1246176157171.jpg/

I have NOT tested whether or not this will give you the "best" ending. Only that you can edit the value. I hope this helps, and I will check if this affects the ending when I have time. If another user confirms this changes the ending I will edit this post to reflect that.
---
To follow the path that others have laid before you is a very reasonable course of action; therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men.
#2JamieK1981Posted 3/9/2012 8:20:51 PM
SPOILER!!!!!! scroll down!

all endings are pretty much the same, the only difference is the freaking colour of the explosion.
#3ATiRadeonHDPosted 3/9/2012 8:21:34 PM
SPOILERS

^ and if shepard lives/dies
---
|| AMD Phenom II x6 1065T || nVidia GTX 560Ti || Thermaltake 600 watt PSU || 8GB DDR3 || Windows 7
#4JamieK1981Posted 3/9/2012 8:27:56 PM
ATiRadeonHD posted...
SPOILERS

^ and if shepard lives/dies

Its a very bad ending to the shepard trilogy.
#5extremegunnerPosted 3/10/2012 12:31:51 AM
Can you edit ME2 events with this?
#6emerald_hammerPosted 3/10/2012 3:41:58 AM
extremegunner posted...
Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. I imported the wrong save by mistake and then realised I hadn't got Kasumi on it, meaning she won't be in my ME3 unless I edit it.
#7articwarriorPosted 3/10/2012 4:17:16 AM
emerald_hammer posted...
extremegunner posted...
Yeah, I'd like to know this as well. I imported the wrong save by mistake and then realised I hadn't got Kasumi on it, meaning she won't be in my ME3 unless I edit it.

Im currently googling for the ME3 one. But if the ME3 one is anything like the ME2 one then my guess is "yes you can". I know in the ME2 save editor from gibbed you can edit the "flags" for ME1 and ME2 I would assum the same with ME3's
#8Sidonis192Posted 3/10/2012 5:11:00 AM
@Red Lotus Knight

Man i have built revision 27 everything is ok until i click on the GAW Assets line. Where exactly is the "..." button you say?
#9Eeshaan1685Posted 3/10/2012 5:21:16 AM
How do I add credits using the editor ?
#10Sidonis192Posted 3/10/2012 5:41:03 AM
@ Eeshaan1685

That's easy u do everything as Red Lotus Knight wrote above, but instead of the GW Assets line you click on 'Credits' line and write a number you want. Then save, load your game and voila