Looking to increase Effective Military Strength? Use the save editor.

#31seed2Posted 3/10/2012 8:39:17 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

There is no "..." in any of the builds.

To all the people saying this, you have to actually CLICK ON/INSIDE THE BOX OF THAT FIELD AND THE BUTTON WILL APPEAR FOR YOU TO CLICK AND GO INTO THAT FIELDS DETAILS

You click on GAW, the button appears.And so on with any field that has more details in it. Did no one think to even click the fields?
---
"you think the secret service is gonna let a volunteer mod on an internet board deal with you threatening to perform a satanic ritual on the president?

Unless you give us a revision where this is possible, then no u cant do it. Latest one wont allow you to do it. Try yourself with the newest one.
#32alisonbriePosted 3/10/2012 10:18:57 PM
Don't mean to bump this, but I was able to get this to work using his guide. My military readiness is maxed out (the green bar is all the way full) w/ 246,005 (oops, overdid it).

The only thing that has me wondering if this would work is:

Effective Military Strength is the green bar at the bottom, using his guide that is what you get maxed out. However the: "Readiness Rating" still stays at 50%

So I'm not sure if the good endings will trigger even if you have the green bar maxed out, if that readiness bar in the middle reads 50% still. Hopefully someone will answer this. I probably have about 4-5 hours left in main missions. If no one has done it by then, I guess I'll come back and report if it works.

For those that couldn't get the guide to work, I dunno what to say. I have "Gibbed's Mass Effect Save Editor" (Build Revision 22), and it works for me. The only thing is, OP said to edit the the ID. For me, it's the other way around. You have to edit the Strength, and then the ID gets updated to reflect the strength. Etc.
#33GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 3/10/2012 10:21:53 PM

GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...

[quoted text]To all the people saying this, you have to actually CLICK ON/INSIDE THE BOX OF THAT FIELD AND THE BUTTON WILL APPEAR FOR YOU TO CLICK AND GO INTO THAT FIELDS DETAILSYou click on GAW, the button appears.And so on with any field that has more details in it. Did no one think to even click the fields?---"you think the secret service is gonna let a volunteer mod on an internet board deal with you threatening to perform a satanic ritual on the president?

Unless you give us a revision where this is possible, then no u cant do it. Latest one wont allow you to do it. Try yourself with the newest one.

Download the one called 'saveedit-r22_b27'. I just got it the other day and it works fine for me
---
"you think the secret service is gonna let a volunteer mod on an internet board deal with you threatening to perform a satanic ritual on the president?
#34alisonbriePosted 3/10/2012 10:23:57 PM
Okay, this probably sounds obvious. But the "Theaters of War" is multiplayer. And that is what is 50% (if you haven't done any of them). All the different sections of the galaxy stay at 50% (I believe).

So that might be what the Readiness meter in the middle is for. Still curious if the military readiness at the bottom trumps that.
#35alisonbriePosted 3/10/2012 10:27:34 PM
EDIT: Just saw this post made by Bioware:

"Here’s a bit of clarification:

Your ending(s) are determined by your “Effective Military Strength” (let’s call it EMS for now) bar. Focus on that bar – that is your indicator of how well you will do in the end-game.

You can maximize your EMS just by collecting War Assets in the single-player game. There is a certain threshhold of these you would need to exceed (I can’t get too specific) but I can tell you there are MORE than the required amount that can be gathered in the single-player campaign.

“Galactic Readiness” is a modifier you can improve by playing multiplayer. That is to say, if you play a lot of multiplayer, you will need less War Assets from single-player to fill up your EMS bar (ie it will balance out the requirements to account for you playing in both modes). Single-player game play does not impact that bar.

EMS = success. EMS can be maximized via collecting war assets alone, even if your Galactic Readiness is 50%."
--------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah, if you use this guide and get your Military Readiness bar maxed out, then you can get the supposed "perfect" ending. Thanks OP for posting this guide, been a great help. :)
#36amerxPosted 3/11/2012 4:01:32 AM
It didn't work for me.

Bumped up the WAR Assests with "Gibbed.MassEffect3.SaveEdit", but it didn't alter the ending even thought In Normandy I can see that War Assets maxed out. I used Gibbed version 29, but it doesn't open alternative endings. Lost about 6 hours of game play testing it :D

The only ending I get so far is the "red" ending. No "blue" - syndicate ending, no "sephard lives" ending.
#37LymusPosted 3/11/2012 5:56:47 AM
Those who don't have the "..." button
get yourself .NET Framework 4
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=17851
#38TimbermawPosted 3/11/2012 6:37:19 AM
Lymus posted...
Those who don't have the "..." button
get yourself .NET Framework 4
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/confirmation.aspx?id=17851

Oh right, thanks for that. I should've read the readme.
---
One-Clan-Under-Moon-and-Star
#39MrDreadlockPosted 3/11/2012 6:54:19 AM
amerx posted...
It didn't work for me.

Bumped up the WAR Assests with "Gibbed.MassEffect3.SaveEdit", but it didn't alter the ending even thought In Normandy I can see that War Assets maxed out. I used Gibbed version 29, but it doesn't open alternative endings....

Unfortunately this.

I've also raised EMS on save game before London, and it didn't affect ending. (no breathing Shepard)

Maybe, EMS is not registered after Cerberus mission?
But that would take hours to check:(
#40PaulBoscuPosted 3/11/2012 8:07:54 AM
MrDreadlock posted...
amerx posted...
It didn't work for me.

Bumped up the WAR Assests with "Gibbed.MassEffect3.SaveEdit", but it didn't alter the ending even thought In Normandy I can see that War Assets maxed out. I used Gibbed version 29, but it doesn't open alternative endings....

Unfortunately this.

I've also raised EMS on save game before London, and it didn't affect ending. (no breathing Shepard)

Maybe, EMS is not registered after Cerberus mission?
But that would take hours to check:(

I raised the EMS just BEFORE Cerberus mission and can confirm that it worked for me, I got the Shepard breathes ending.