Best assault rifle

#1xXxCroNoxXxPosted 3/11/2012 4:47:17 PM
Right now I'm having difficulty choosing between the Mattock and the Revenant guns. For some reason the Mattock feels weak to me, but I think I'm actually killing the fastest with it. Also I'm assuming that the N7 rifle is the actual best, but I don't have the collector's edition, so I'm not too concerned.
---
Fare thee well, you evidence of Jewish superiority.
-Mercuryink
#2VarandilPosted 3/11/2012 4:49:18 PM
Mattock all the way for me. Whack on the extra ammo and scope mods and it's beastly.
---
XBL: Varandil
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, Football Manager 2012, Total War: Medieval 2
#3Omnipotent_CowPosted 3/11/2012 4:49:30 PM
The Falcon
#4MacBoomStickPosted 3/11/2012 4:50:13 PM

The Geth gun. Has a large clip and fast fire rate and good accuracy.

#5sophocles5Posted 3/11/2012 4:51:08 PM
hard to determine best AR. While the revenant and mattock have really good stats, they both weigh tons. I don't see too much drop off with my avenger as far damage per second is concerned, but it weighs a lot less meaning I can carry an extra gun or so and still have a decent cool down.
---
"forget you people, you don't understand, I'm done with this"-X-Japan
#6funkyfritterPosted 3/11/2012 4:51:18 PM
Mattock is overall the best in the game. Revenant comes close in terms of damage output and that huge ammo reserve is nice, but it's heavy and pretty much requires you carry something else for long range.
---
And with that...pow! I'm gone!
#7DidjeriduPosted 3/11/2012 4:52:57 PM
Eh, I go for weight. The Vindicator is light as a feather, and it has an okay amount of punch to it. I find the Mattock to be terrible. I'd only ever use the Revenant if it was my only weapon. The way I see ARs, is that they provide a ranged alternative to shotguns or SMGs without being as heavy as sniper rifles. Also, I don't care for scoped weapons here. If you could take the scopes off of sniper rifles, then they'd be way more attractive.
#8Trumpeter039Posted 3/11/2012 4:56:46 PM(edited)
What about the particle gun? It's pretty nice in its own way, I stuck an increased magazine clip on it and can just mow stuff down, and the beam gets stronger after you've been holding it for a little bit, the bigger beam is really strong.

It is a DLC weapon though, I guess. And extremely heavy, but upgrading it a few times helps with that.
---
I did something terrible today. I broke an ammonite fossil.
#9DeIuxePosted 3/11/2012 5:03:53 PM
Didjeridu posted...
Eh, I go for weight. The Vindicator is light as a feather, and it has an okay amount of punch to it. I find the Mattock to be terrible. I'd only ever use the Revenant if it was my only weapon. The way I see ARs, is that they provide a ranged alternative to shotguns or SMGs without being as heavy as sniper rifles. Also, I don't care for scoped weapons here. If you could take the scopes off of sniper rifles, then they'd be way more attractive.

this.

people don't pay enough attention to weight. i carry the stock AR and pistol and have -200%!!! cooldown reduction on my powers. adrenaline rush whenever you want it? yes plz
#10DethaPosted 3/11/2012 5:05:34 PM(edited)
Revenant with Inferno Ammo and a scope. It's pretty good at long range if you burst fire.
---
AMD Athlon II X4 635 @ 2.9 GHz | Kingston 4gb @ 1333 MHz | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (768mb) @ 850 MHz / 2005 MHz | Windows 7 [Enterprise]