The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Help with gibbed save editor...changing class abilities possible>?

#1hexzerorouge13Posted 3/12/2012 1:22:05 PM
Hey so I am pretty new to Gibs saved editor. I am trying to basically make a custom class. I want to be an adept but have Incinerate and CryoBlast in addition to the normal adept stuff, willing to sacrifice one or two adept spells if necessary to do this.

I thought I was on the right track, I went into the Power Collection in the editor and replaced the abilities I wanted to get rid of with incinerate and cryoblast by changing the name and the class name of the abilities...for example.

I changed:
SFXGameContent.SFXPowerCustomAction_BioticGrenade

with the name BioticGrenade

to read:

SFXGameContent.SFXPowerCustomAction_CryoBlast

with the name CryoBlast.

Now I agree this seems all to simple and I probly shoudlnt have assumed it would work...but I am able to add extra squad mate bonus powers by doing this...I have a save where I have both Warp Ammo and Carnage for instance...So I guess my question is...

Is it even possible to edit which abilities your class has? And if so how/what did I do wrong? Thanks a ton in advance!
#2hexzerorouge13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 1:24:51 PM
Update...I now have an Adept with the normal Adept Skills....plus Slam, Carnage, Reave, and Warp Ammo.....now thats a beast kit.

Would love to still somehow add incinerate and cryoblast but that seems like it may be impossible unless I am missing something. Thanks again in advance hope somebody out there has this figured out cuz I am new to this save editting stuff lol.
#3hexzerorouge13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 1:32:49 PM
bump...seems like it may be impossible any1 else ever try this?
#4camman987Posted 3/13/2012 12:06:48 PM
Can you share how you were able to change class abilities or add abilities to class?
I've changed the Powers (collection) things many time on my vanguard by replacing SFXGameContent.SFXPowerCustomAction_Pull
with SFXGameContent.SFXPowerCustomAction_warp for example and adding a new skill but nothing works
I've also tried editing the coalesced and that still doesnt work
Thanks in advance
#5robbyp06Posted 3/16/2012 1:12:09 PM
bump. any update on this? I have also tried to mention posted here, editing the Powers (collection) table and even making sure that the "wheel index" field was appropriate for all powers replaced.

cheers