[Possible spoilers] Romancing Ashley and Miranda?

#1AklisPosted 3/14/2012 9:30:06 AM
So, here's the deal.

In Mass Effect, my Shepard romanced Ashley. In Mass Effect 2, my Shepard romanced Miranda, since Ashley was all "screw you" anyway.

I really enjoy Miranda, and I find her far more attractive in every way than Ashley. I mean, I like butts. I find Australian accents ridiculously hot... Miranda is everything I'd want in a real woman. However, seeing as Miranda's part in the game is so small compared to Ash, I was thinking of romancing Ash anyway, since she's pretty sweet too.

When I visited Ash in the hospital, I told her that there still was something between us, although I went with the "you left me"-dialogue. Then, when I met Miranda, I told her that nothing had changed, starting the romance with both of 'em (I guess?)

Roughly seven hours (of playing) ago, I hooked up with Miranda on the Citadel again and slept with her, getting the Paramour-achievement. However, I can't shake this feeling that I've now completed the romance, since, though there was no real sex scene, only fade-to-black.

Also, I haven't even had a chance to speak to Ashley on the Normandy, aside from her just making comments. In other words, no actual conversation. I have talked to her on the Citadel after getting her in my party as well, but there was not even a hint of romance.

Any ideas? Have I ruined it for myself?
#2Mad_Cow46Posted 3/14/2012 9:35:03 AM(edited)
Ashley isn't all that interactive with you. Miranda gets extremely heartbroken if you leaver her subsequently leading her to do something rash and get killed.
---
Kaz got fired.
It's Asparadrink, as in "asparagus"~ mustain2121
#3Aklis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 9:42:15 AM
Thanks for spoiling. ;)

Although that does not answer my question. Am I still able to romance Ashley?
#4MaxxKilbridePosted 3/14/2012 9:50:26 AM
Of course you aren't.

You actually forgo all future Ashley conversations. She never has another dialogue tree convo with you.
#5torey_caylorPosted 3/14/2012 10:02:54 AM

Wait, wait if i have sex with Miranda in the hotel room then Ashley doesn't want to talk to me anymore? That sucks. I'm in the same boat as OP actually. I like Miranda the best, but she's barely in the game. I romanced Ashley in ME1 and Miranda in ME2.

On my first playthrough i romanced Miranda again, but i was hoping you can have triangles going on and stuff. Ashley indeed didn't speak to me, but i thought it was because i wanted to see the ending and rushed some of the conversations.

#6Aklis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 10:04:50 AM
Ouch. I guess I'll have to replay seven hours to romance her, then. But then Miranda dies...? Dammit.
#7torey_caylorPosted 3/14/2012 10:09:51 AM

Aklis posted...
Ouch. I guess I'll have to replay seven hours to romance her, then. But then Miranda dies...? Dammit.

I find that strange really. Maybe it's a bug. Because even after hooking up with Miranda in the hotel i got options to romance Liara close after that. Strange that they'd lock Ashley out.

#8Mad_Cow46Posted 3/14/2012 10:17:05 AM
Honestly there really isn't much content with Ashley. She does not say anything different really when on the ship. Miranda is stuck on you like glue though.
---
Kaz got fired.
#9Aklis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2012 10:19:11 AM
Mad_Cow46 posted...
Honestly there really isn't much content with Ashley. She does not say anything different really when on the ship. Miranda is stuck on you like glue though.

Really? Because I heard that there's far more content with Ash...
#10Mad_Cow46Posted 3/14/2012 10:26:31 AM
As far as romance content there is the "do you like me" scene and the of course the going I to the final battle love scene. Heck the first encounter with Miranda had more romance content.
---
Kaz got fired.