What is the best ending? [spoilers!]

#1NauticalDisastaPosted 3/16/2012 9:37:19 AM
I just finished up last night. I chose to destroy the Reapers. So Shepard blows up, all the Reapers die, all the mass relays are destroyed, some of my teammates land on some garden planet and then after the credits an old man and child are talking about "The Shepard". I'd like to know what happens with the other two choices you have at the end and if there are different scenes after the credits roll.
---
"Getting lost in the light is more than never being found." - Gordon Downie
GT= NauticalDisasta PSN= NauticalDisasta
#2Kaezar_KazePosted 3/16/2012 9:38:16 AM
You killed EDI? You monster!

Anyway, you get a different colored explosion. That's it.
---
The most terrifying phrase you'll ever hear in your life is,
"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help you."
#3ForsakenSanityPosted 3/16/2012 9:39:43 AM
Green explosion makes Joker happier than the others. Red explosion Sheploo can live. Blue explosion just kinda blows.
#4NauticalDisasta(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2012 9:42:37 AM
Can you guys be more specific? I'm guessing green explosion means I take control of the Reapers? Blue explosion is when you choose sythesis? If you could please be more specific.
---
"Getting lost in the light is more than never being found." - Gordon Downie
GT= NauticalDisasta PSN= NauticalDisasta
#5jivebeaverPosted 3/16/2012 9:43:22 AM
best ending is you just die to Marauder Shields
#6GamemakoPosted 3/16/2012 9:43:35 AM
You can restart right after Shepard get lazored by Harbinger by hitting the Restart Mission load if you want

Anyway, long story short, the others are nearly identical. Shepard dies (melted down by beam because The Catalyst doesn't have 5 billion other corpses to use, zapped in becoming reapergod). Mass relays explode. Normandy crash-lands on garden world. With the synthesis ending, you see that Joker has some glowy synthetic stuff around him and EDI snuggles up to him. Control ending for Normandy is identical to Destroy. Instead of the Reapers being destroyed in the cutscene for Synthesis/Control, they up and fly away. Synthesis explosions are green and Control explosions are blue. There you have it: the full difference between endings. Note that even though you just killed all synthetics, EDI may still be alive after the Destroy ending because it selects your teammates for the cutscene. Oops.
---
One can only wonder at how such idiocy invariably comes to power.
ESTIMATE THE CATACLYSM. CALCULATE THE APOCALYPSE.
#7Kaezar_KazePosted 3/16/2012 9:44:14 AM
Nope. Same ending. With different colored explosions. Literally.
---
#8ForsakenSanityPosted 3/16/2012 9:45:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA

Side-by-side comparison.
#9The_Undying_84Posted 3/16/2012 9:47:04 AM
I did that ending, and I was like "Not sure why everyone is THIS mad about it." Then I read up on what the others are, and it was pretty dumb. Aside from some nonsense plot holes (like people getting onto the Normandy magically), that ending is alright, especially if I pretend that it was only the reapers and not ALL synthetics that were destroyed (which is easy to do since you can evidently see EDI at the end).

But then all the other ones being pretty much exactly the same is extremely dumb.
---
PSN: TheUndying84
MGO: Eric84
#10Kaezar_KazePosted 3/16/2012 9:49:08 AM
Unless you brokered peace between the Geth and the Quarian, which makes the Destroy ending to be... completely out of character.
---